We are glad we chose this hotel over the Embassy Suites. It is located close to the Portland Airport. The neighborhood is quiet, clean and fairly safe. The location is at the Cascade Station.
We were welcomed by Natalie, at the front desk. She helped check us into a room on the 3rd floor, located right after you get off the elevator. It was quiet despite being so close to the airport, since we were on the 3rd floor, the top floor above us insulated us from the airplanes flying overhead. We found the rooms to be clean and comfortable for a family of 4. Our room had a full size pullout bed, along with 2 queens. The beds were comfortable.
Our room came with a coffee maker, mini refrigerator and microwave. Our refrigerator was broken, but they came out promptly to replace it with a working one. Our room was equipped with an in room safe and a large flat screen television with cable. Complimentary wifi for those wishing to surf the internet. The sink area was separated from the toilet and full tub and shower.
The pool and hot tub area was a nice amenity, as our teenagers enjoyed the facility. It was clean and well taken care of. There were also lifts available in both the hot tub and pool so wheel chair guest were accommodated if they wish to go for a swim or to take a soak in the hot tub. There was a single unisex washroom/shower located in the pool area, only complaint, was there was no body wash or shampoo if you had wanted to shower up before going back up to your room. There's also a workout room with the latest equipment for those that wish to workout and exercise during their stay.
If you are here for an extended stay, they also have a nice laundry room with front loading washers and dryers on the first floor, so no need to over pack, you can pack light and wash as you go.
They offer a complimentary serve yourself breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage links, pancakes or french toast, hot oatmeal with all the fixings. It was quite a spread for breakfast, there was fresh fruit (melons and grapefruit slices) along with yogurt. They had baked goods like donuts, danishes and bagels. There was a toaster station where you can chose your own bread (white/wheat) and make your own toast and spread it with butter, peanut butter, honey and jams. All this was served with coffee, orange juice, apple juice, tomato juice, milk and ice water.
Location was another plus for those wishing to do a little tax-free shopping, There was a large Target, IKEA, Staples, Marshalls, Best Buys located within a walking distance from the hotel. There was also a Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Famous Dave's BBQ and a sandwich shop located close by the hotel. They offered a complimentary shuttle to the airport. Everything is within driving distance, it took us 20 minutes to get to drive to the Oregon Zoo. 10 minutes to get to the Clackamas Mall and 50 minutes to drive down to Woodburn to shop at the outlet center.
We had a good stay and will definitely return in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station Hotel Portland
- Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within one mile of the Portland International Airport, and in the Cascade Station shopping area, the Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station provides the ideal accommodations for anyone visiting Portland, whether it be for business or leisure. This cutting edge hotel is minutes from downtown Portland and several thrilling attractions including PGE Park, Oregon Convention Center and The Rose Garden (home of the Trail Blazers). For the business traveler, you will also find our location conveniently located within a few miles of several local Corporations such as Toyota, Rentrak and Boeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Place Portland Airport / Cascade Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.