“This is the place to stay when your near PDX.” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #44 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chehalis, Washington
“This is the place to stay when your near PDX.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

When work required that I fly out of town on short notice and with an early a.m. flight to boot. I had two options.... so rather than driving weary and pie eyed down Interstate 5 in the middle of the night. I chose to drive down the evening before to try and find a nice hotel with short term airport parking close to PDX. BINGO ! I happened upon the Residence Inn by taking the Cascade Station exit off of Airport Parkway and coming around near Target and Subway. What a great Hotel ! The desk clerk didn't seem to mind the fact that I didn't have a reservation and was quite pleasant. After checking in, she ask me if I would be needing a wake up call and/or a shuttle to the airport (What great service !). The room was very spacious and comfortable and the bed was F A N T A S T I C ! The rotating TV stand was a neat idea. I was able to watch it while I was eating dinner and then after I went to bed as well. I was leaving too early to enjoy their complimentary breakfast but the coffee was hot and fresh. The shuttle driver wisked me off to the airport after a short 5 minute wait. Upon returning, a quick call from the airport and the shuttle was out front to pick me up in what seemed like 2 minutes ! Arriving back at the hotel the driver took me right to my car (It was pouring down rain) saving me from having to lug my bags across the parking lot ! My wife and I are going to be returning here for a stay over the holiday shopping season and looking forward to it. Save yourself some stress and stay at the Portland airport Residence Inn , You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: I had a 1st. floor room facing Airport Parkway and it was very nice .
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Macomb, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here to catch an early morning flight. Clean, contemporary lobby with a very pleasant front desk staff. I liked the layout of the room as it contained a kitchenette and full sized fridge. The bed was comfortable for a good night's sleep. Within walking distance to some shopping and food options but you will probably need to drive to get to some of the nicer dining choices. Requires some twists and turns to get on Airport Way but everything is well marked. My only complaint was that the hotel shuttle was not available for an hour the next morning, which would have forced me to take the 4:30am ride for a 7am flight. Shuttling that early defeated the purpose of staying close to the airport so I kept the rental car and drove myself the next morning.

Lancaster CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We spent 3 nights here, then moved to be closer to our daughter in SW Portland and were sorry we did - never found another place as nice at as good a price. (We were PriceLining it, did amazingly well but had to move around a lot in the 10 days we were in town.) I've stayed at a few other RI's, this one was definitely the freshest and classiest I've seen. It's great to walk across the parking lot and get on the Max light rail for a trip downtown ($5 for all-day access to rail and bus is a great deal for a tourist, especially as a hotel guest with free parking!) The bed was comfortable, the flat-screen TV was full-featured. Breakfast was great (they have me at waffles, but there were other good choices), the pool was nice, too lazy to hit the gym but it looked OK. We didn't hang around the lobby but on our way in and out it looked like people were socializing there quite a bit. They didn't bat an eye at our service dog. Shopping just down the road, no fine dining that we saw but normal chain restaurants in the shopping mall (we were more in the Subway mode this trip for health and calorie reasons, and it's right next door.) The only airport noise we noticed was F-15s taking off (Portland ANG) during our late-morning breakfasts - at another airport-area hotel the noise was much more noticeable. Hope to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is definitely a newer hotel and it looks great inside and out. The rooms have modern decoration that is anything but boring. They include a full kitchen and fridge, and the bathrooms are nicely done. Bed is remarkably comfortable. There's plenty of space in the room, too, with great couches and chairs and a dining table.

The hotel offers a good-sized breakfast along with evening meals and drinks in the lobby, which is a wonderful added bonus. On the downside, the wi-fi is typically problematic and could use improvement.

The hotel is just a few quick steps away from the Light Rail system, which is extremely convenient.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the roadway if you are at all annoyed by the soft swooshing sound...
atlanta, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really enjoyed my recent stay at this hotel which is very near airport and also convenient to shopping and restaurants. The location can't be beat. Rooms , hallways and lobby area are very clean. Housekeeping staff did a good job keeping room clean and tidy. Breakfast was good..some of the best scrambled eggs I have eaten! Room was a nice size and modern..kitchen is more than adequate and kept very clean. Room has large flat panel TV and comfortable sitting area. Also this hotel very close to interstate highways.
I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great room with wi-fi, full kitchen and living room. Comfortable bed. Continental breakfast was very good. Location close to rail so you can go downtown or to the airport. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel is good if you need to be near the airport, but still easy to get to downtown by rail. Friendly, helpful staff and prompt airport pickup worked well for us. The hotel seemed fresh and comfortable. Breakfast was typical. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station? Share your experiences!