“We had a nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Washington
“We had a nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had a cousins ( girls only! ) stay for a night and picked this hotel because they have a 2 bedroom suite and max right in the parking lot. Was great to walk out and take max downtown and even 1 stop over for dinner. Room was good except for some popcorn under the ottoman, obviously house keeping did not move things to vac. The roll away requested was not in our room but they quickly brought it up. Pool was nice. Managers reception looked nicer than most although we didn't take advantage of it since we were headed to dinner. It is on the expensive side ( especially for a monday night ) and breakfast did seem to have more choices than most but needed someone cleaning up a bit. So that is why 4 instead of 5..........price and not the cleanest breakfast room. Very quiet though....we were on the 1st floor and didn't hear planes as I expected which was great. Nice friendly staff..........we only live an hour away and would probably stay here again.....would for sure if it was a little lower priced.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Lyon, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed at the hotel two-bedroom suite last weekend. It's located right next to the MAX light rail station and walking distance to Target. Our suite is clean, new, huge and kitchen is fully equipped. We could see airplanes from our room but didn't hear any sound when sleeping.
The only negative review I have for this hotel is limited breakfast selection.

Pinehurst, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The two room suite was great, roomy and clean. Very close to the airport and when we could not take advantage of the breakfast, they gave us yogurt, fruit, and bagels to take to the room (had a full refrig. in the room) and along with the coffee and tea, we had more than enough to eat before heading out the the airport. Biggest problem is the WiFi does not work anywhere in the building and no one knew how to fix the problem.

However, it was nice to learn that the WiFi at the airport was free and that solved our problem.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Henderson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel is a first rate building but we experienced three issues. 1) their Internet access was VERY spotty and the front desk told us to call technical support to get it fixed. Isn't this their problem, not the guest's? 2) the A/C units are very noisy and come on very frequently which interrupts sleeping. 3) the "hot breakfast" was actually quite cold.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My family stayed here for one night after arriving late into Portland airport. The room was very comfortable, plenty of food was available for purchase to warm up in the microwave, and if staying longer, we could have groceries purchased and delivered to the kitchenette for us. The bed was very comfortable and clean, the price was great, and we even got a free upgrade to a room with a gas fireplace, perfect for an unexpectedly cold evening. The staff was very friendly, and breakfast was really good in the morning. Conveniently, there's a lot of shopping right next door, including a Target so we could pick up diapers and food for the baby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I were in Portland for 3 days to watch our son play in a baseball tournament at Concordia College and also my husband had business meetings to go to. We go to Portland frequently and normally stay downtown. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to Concordia and also because I could shop at the Cascade Station stores while my husband had the car for business. We normally stay at 4 or 5-star hotels but I must say this hotel met all of our needs and we were very pleased with our 2-bedroom suite. We had the AAA rate and I thought the price was excellent for what we got. Our suite was at the end of the hall on the 5th floor and was very quiet. The suite included a king bedroom and a queen bedroom with a nice living area, table and chairs, and full kitchen inbetween the bedrooms. The bedrooms were small and so it was convenient to be able to keep our luggage and clothes in the extra bedroom. And the bathrooms were very small so it was helpful to each have a bathroom with a shower because we were usually in a hurry to get ready to go out. We found the king bed to be very comfortable and although we could hear planes outside, it certainly never bothered us or kept us awake. I had time to myself while my husband was busy and I found the room to be very comfortable. The shops at Cascade Station were within walking distance and I spent a morning roaming around there. They are definitely not high end shops but DSW Shoes is my favourite shoe store so I was happy to be able to shop there. There is a big Target next door where I purchased some snacks for the room and a Starbucks inside Target so I could bring a latte back to the room. Each morning the hotel serves a nice breakfast including eggs. It's a buffet in the lobby and was not crowded when we were there. I enjoyed sitting by myself and reading the newspaper while eating my breakfast when my husband was busy. Another morning my husband and I worked out in the fitness room which is small but has several pieces of equipment with built in t.v.'s and I had a lovely swim in the indoor pool and had the pool all to myself. I noticed an outdoor half basketball court outside of the pool. If I had more time for shopping I could have taken the light rail to downtown which is about 35min away. The station is right in front of the hotel and is extremely convenient. The whole Cascade Station area is quite new and very attractive and it's very convenient to the airport. We got up at 4:30am to catch a 6am flight out of Portland and it sure was nice to be so close to the airport. Cascade Station includes several chain restaurants but my husband and I took our son out both nights to Salty's (seafood restaurant) which is a short drive and is located on the Columbia River. So there are many restaurant options close to the hotel. The hotel staff were friendly and always greeted us when we walked past the front desk. We will probably never need to stay at this location again but I will recommend it to any friends that need to.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Boise, ID
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I walked in, wet as a drowned rat, and asked if they had any rooms for that night (Thursday) and Friday. I had a reservation at another hotel, but I didn't have my own transportation and wanted to be closed the Max--the light rail like which is just outside the Residence Inn.

They had a cancellation that was $40 less than the normal price for a studio suite! Then the very nice front desk person helped me figure out where to get on and off the Max, suggested some places to visit, and was overall just a terriffic person.

I've never stayed at a Residence Inn, and I was suprised at the quality, the amenities, and the "good vibe" it had. If I'm in a position to make the choice for a business hotel again, a Residence Inn will certainly be on my short list.

Oh, the Max couldn't be heard from inside the totel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station? Share your experiences!