“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've visited Portland three times and am about to visit a fourth time. The past two times I've stayed at Candlewood Suites and will stay there again this next time. The place is clean, the staff more than friendly, the beds comfortable, the location is fantastic. My only complaint is on this last trip with my husband, there were only two of everything (dishes, utensils, cups/glasses) so that the dishwasher isn't necessary as it would never be full enough to wash. The first trip there were four. I'm guessing they were cutting back on everything. It's nice not to have to wash every time. Other than that, I love this place and will continue to stay there. The price is competitive and I don't have to eat out so I'm saving money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Randy B, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear MrsKathyJC,
Thank you for giving us an excellent review of your stay with us. Im happy to hear that our kitchen amenities helped you save some money during you time in Portland. We do have larger rooms that are designed to accomodate more guests so that would explain the difference in the number of silverware/dishes provided. A standard studio is designed for two guests and the double queens and our one bedroom units have ammenities for four.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us at Candlewood Suites Portland.

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Arriving late into the Portland airport on a trip to the Oregon coast, we stayed the night at the Portland Airport Candlewood. The staff were friendly and helpful. The property is close to the airport, new and user friendly. Our room was clean and morning coffee was complementary, but no breakfast. We has a nice breakfast across the street at Shari's.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Over65Texas,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great 5star review. I'm glad that our friendly staff was able to get you into a nice room before you traveled to the coast. Im glad you were able to get a good breakfast at the local Sharis. Being that we are an extended stay hotel we do not offer a complimentary breakfast, however we do have a great selection of items available for purchase 24hours a day from our Candlewood Cupboard. Discounted breakfast packages are available.
We look forward to you staying with us next time you are traveling through the Portland area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Loved that customer service was attentive to our needs & provided excellent service! We were on a road trip & this provided us with quality sleep. Most of all I really enjoyed that the laundry facility was free.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear VicVickSA
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us an excellent review. I am glad you were able to get some "quality sleep" during your stay. I'm pleased that our complimentary guest laundry was a helpfull amenity. We look forward to you staying in the future.
Best Regards
Corvallis, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay, right by the Portland airport. Everything was so comfortable and the staff is great. The little food room is a great feature and offers a great variety of food items for breakfast, ect. Its VERY clean which is something I really look for in a Hotel. I will most Assuredly be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Randy B, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear JimmyBe425
Thank you for taking the time to give us a fantastic review of your stay with us. It is good to hear that our great staff and 24hour Candlewood Cupboard helped make your stay so comfortable. We look forward to seeing you next time you are traveling through Portland.
Best Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

This Is A Great Place To Stay, The Only Place I Stay When I Go On Trips!! Accommodations Are Amazing, Rooms Are Perfect, Staff Is Very Friendly!! Couldn't Expect Anymore From A Hotel!! I Would Recommend This Hotel To Any And Everyone!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear bogeywindell
Thank you for taking time to give us an excellent review of your stay here at Candlewood Suites Portland Airport. I'm glad you mentioned our "very friendly" staff. We strive to make our guests feel free to be at home away from home wether staying for one night or traveling for an extended stay. Thank you for recommending us to everyone and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Scio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I spent 2 nights here and can't say enough about how nice it was. I found the front desk staff to be very friendly and helpful, always with a smile. And then to have the full size fridge with microwave, popcorn, 2 burner stove, and even dinner ware was such a great bonus! I slept so well on the comfortable bed and loved that if I needed to: a laundry room was available with FREE laundry machines to use. Who does that anymore? Thank you for a wonderful stay, I will be sharing info about this place with my family and friends! Cheryl L

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Cheryl L
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us an excellent review of your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our friendly staff was able to help accomodate your "superb" stay. I also want to thank you for mentioning our comfortable beds and FREE guest laundry(a brand standard at all Candlewood Suites). Thank you for spreading the word to your friends and family.
We look forward to you staying with us next time you are in the Portland area.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My boyfriend, dog, and I recently relocated from the midwest to the Portland area and had to stay in temporary quarters until the bank closed on our new home. I loved that they are dog friendly, pretty much consistent with most places in Portland and Vancouver. It was close to the highways and big box shopping as well as linked to Trimet.
The amenities were excellent-- spacious kitchen, excellent exercise facilities, free laundry, and a business/computer spot where I could print stuff up and they sold envelopes and stamps.
All of the staff were super nice and friendly, and always said hello and goodbye with a smile on their faces.
Highly recommend for extended stay or shorter one with pup!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Randy B, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear vforro79,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review of your stay in February. I am glad to hear that our fantastic ammenities like spacious kitchen, free laundry, and 24hour business center helped make your saty more comfortable during your transition to Oregon. Thank you also for mentioning our fantastic staff that is always available to help guests with anything they may need during their stay.
Randy Baggett

Been to Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport? Share your experiences!