We stayed at the Candlewood Suites on a reverse park and fly package for our trip to Jamaica. The parking spots are a little tight buy they worked since our car is a VW Jetta. The place is clean and we had no issue with the room and the beds were very comfortable with nice amenities just like an apartment. The issue was that someone had turned off our ice maker in the frig and we had no ice so we went looking for ice and were told by the front desk they have no ice and that we could drive to get some. They did not offer to get ice from another room or anything it was like they didnt really care if we got ice or not and it was not their problem.
The other issue that really was a problem was that they did not have their own shuttle and they use the shuttle from the hotel next door, La Quinta. When we arrived the first night to drop off the car to start our vacation we talked to the front desk and they assured us that the shuttle was never more than 30 minutes away so they could take us to the airport anytime we wanted. So we went to dinner and then returned and informed the front desk that we were ready for the shuttle. They called the "shared" shuttle and said it was on the way. Well needless to say 1.5 hours later we finally got that shuttle. We kept checking with the desk and they kept assuring us it was on the way but we never got a straight answer why but we almost missed our flight because of the shuttle. The front desks solution to the problem was for us to call our own cab and pay for it ourselves!!! We do not do park and fly to pay for our own transportation to the airport. We do lots of traveling and use park and fly quite often but we WILL NOT return to Candlewood Suites.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport Hotel
- Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport Hotel Portland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests Love Portland, OR Airport Hotel's Location. Situated in Portland, Oregon near the airport, this hotel's welcoming amenities and cozy surroundings provide the convenience of a hotel and the comfort of an apartment. With downtown Portland just a short drive away and Cascade Station shopping center within walking distance, you'll never run out of things to do here at the Candlewood Suites® Hotel Portland - Airport.Corporate travelers looking for Portland, Oregon airport hotels appreciate our free 2.5 mile area shuttle in addition to the perks like free high-speed Internet access. Guests can count on an easy commute to Boeing, Oregon National Guard and the Honda and Toyota Training Centers. There's a boardroom suitable for on-site meetings of up to eight people.Patrons of this hotel in Portland, Oregon are only minutes from Portland's city center, which boasts incredible architecture, shopping and fine dining. Other "must see" area attractions include the Portland Saturday Market and the Oregon Zoo. Guests can literally view the entire city from the OHSU's Portland Aerial Tram.Top-notch amenities like free self-service laundry facilities and a 24-hour Fitness Center ensure convenience for guests. You can grill out in the gazebo or relax with a DVD from our free lending library. We offer Park, Stay and Go Packages, too, which include up to 14 days of free parking at the hotel. While in Portland, Oregon, you can "Consider Us Home." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.