“Great location to all of downtown Portland” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #24 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great location to all of downtown Portland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The rooms were fine, 3 star, nothing real special, but clean, front desk very personal able, no issues....great location!!! There was a wedding there, that night, they pretty much had the whole hotel....no problems, until 12:30 am in a few drunks came home, it was over in 5 minutes, can't blame a wedding party, for having a good time!!

Room Tip: Don't drive a car, unless you want to pay $35 per night.
Green Features: They suggested we should not change linen, except for every 3 days, to keep it green, we were only spending one night, and did not use all linen, so I think we did what they wanted??
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here for one night with my son.

Rooms are smallish but fine. Nice flat panel screen. Nice bedding. It was really great to walk around downtown. Check-in was very smooth. Room nice and clean.

We enjoyed the attached restaurant-diner for breakfast. Cute and creative. However, you're right next to tons of great eats. Check out the many food trucks that line the streets.

Parking was reasonable but we're used to big city prices for parking. Valets were efficient.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dave M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear maw8,

Thank you for your nice review. I am glad you and your son enjoyed your short visit to Portland and that you were able to experience many of the downtown attractions so close to our hotel.

Hope you will visit from San Jose again soon.

Roseburg, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

From the second you get here, this place is awesome. Doormen welcomed us into a beautiful front lobby, where there were people standing at the kiosks with a smile on their face. The person we spoke with was really friendly and accommodating, and even made some small talk about what we were doing in town. We told her we were there for a wedding, and she gave us an amazing upgrade! Our room was stunning, the views were incredible! I felt silly, but I definitely took a picture of the panoramic view. When we came back down all dolled up, the woman who checked us in remembered and even complimented us about our fancy wedding clothes. The bed was really comfortable, the bathroom was spacious enough for both of us to get ready in, and I never heard a peep from surrounding rooms. The attached restaurant was really tasty, it hit the spot for breakfast the next morning! I also loved the location: right in the middle of downtown Portland, you're just a few steps away from some tasty food carts, and blocks away from awesome shopping. I'll definitely be staying here again.

Dear Kat,
Thank you for your wonderful review and he very nice comments from your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you selected our hotel for your visit to Portland to attend a wedding.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you drive up I-5 for a Portland visit.

Thanks again,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Was in Portland for a few days on business and stayed at the Marriott Courtyard City Center. Found the location to be perfect, and the staff to be helpful. As my first time in Portland they were very helpful in pointing us to some great local spots. Hotel was clean...no complaints.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dave M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear John,

So pleased that we were able to welcome you to Portland for your first visit to our wonderful city. I am glad that our associates were able to recommend many great Portland attractions. Hope to see you back in Portland again soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The hotel is in a great location, easy access to city center, Pearl District etc. Small but very clean room, nice decoration, very friendly and helpful welcoming. Easy to check in and easy check out. My friend and I also had a dog and that was not an issue at all. In fact it was the only hotel I have seen so far that was so welcoming to pets. Excellent sound proof room despite central location. The bell man also very nicely explained parking options: valet in hotel is $35 overnight and there are two nearby parking lots $15 and $25. We parked at the place that was $15.
I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear ValKal,

So glad to read your review and see how you enjoyed your visit to Portland. Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and associates. I'm pleased to see how you (and your four legged friend) were able to take advantage of our location to easily visit the attractions of downtown Portland. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location was perfect for us to explore Portland. Within walking distance we shopped in downtown, walked the riverfront and found great breweries in the Pearl District. I booked three nights with AAA of $139, which included valet parking. I had looked into other Marriott hotels, but this was the best find since we had a rental car. Checking in was easy, as I did it on the Marriott app. The hotel staff were all pleasant. My only complaint is I wish I saw where the coffee and hot chocolate were before we were heading out the door on our last day. The Wi-Fi was free.

Dear Liz,

Thank you for your wonderful review. Portland is a perfect city for a weekend visit and our location in the heart of the city makes it so easy to enjoy all the great downtown attractions. Hope you will get a chance to visit Portland again. We look forward to welcoming you back..

TEMPE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While I was not looking, someone raised the rates on all sorts of hotels. Proof can be found here, where this Courtyard commands prices of more than $200 a night.(I got a conference rate a little lower, but still.)

It's a spotlessly clean facility with reasonably comfortable beds (a little too firm for my taste). It clearly caters to the business crowd. Has a small footprint but something like 16 floors, so it turns out to be a decent-sized hotel. Small lobby with a much-appreciated fireplace.

Still, there is nothing warm and welcoming about this hotel. Staff is okay. They certainly know how to get guests to the right part of Portland's world class mass transit system, and their directions to places around the city were, in my experience perfect. Not so good with restaurant recommendations. My request for a lunch spot on Sunday was met with instructions to go to a little French place nearby which happens to be closed at lunch on the weekends.

So my bottom line is this: You won't be mistreated here in any way, but when you come back to your room at night, there's no way in the world you'll mistake it for home.

Green Features: They did not seem to ask people to re-hang their towels to be used a second day.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dave M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear tomcat,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments from your recent visit to Portland.

I am pleased to see that you found our hotel to be spotlessly clean and that our staff provided perfect directions for your use of our light rail system and to places to visit in downtown Portland. I am sorry that they recommended a Sunday lunch option that was not open. We will be sure to correct that.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Dave Murray

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center? Share your experiences!