We've stayed at the two full-service Marriotts in Portland in the past, and wanted to try the newer Courtyard City Center. The staff was excellent, everyone friendly and courteous. Lobby on the small side, but cozy and pleasant. Hotel was clean and well-maintained throughout. Room was a bit cramped for our family of 3 and smaller than normal for a Courtyard, but I'm sure this was due to the hotel's central downtown location.
Unlike most Courtyards, there's no swimming pool and no outside seating area, but there is a restaurant, the Original, and it's pretty good. Kind of an unusual format - think 1950s diner meets 2014 urban chic. The menu is somewhat limited, with an emphasis on breakfast items (pancakes, omelets, etc.) and burgers, though they also have a few decent salad and sandwich items. We had several meals there and all were very good. Service in the restaurant was very good as it was throughout the hotel.
Room clean and modern, furnishings nice, great view of the city from our high floor, bed comfortable. Neither DW nor I were much of a fan of the pillows; these could have been better. Bathroom medium-sized and clean, shower excellent. Storage a bit limited; although we had a double-queen room, the room size would have been more suitable for a couple or solitary traveler than a family.
Location is excellent - right in the center of things. You can walk to most downtown destinations: the mall, Pioneer Courthouse, many restaurants, Powell's, etc. There's also a Tri-Met MAX (rail mass transit) stop right outside the hotel, so you can get just about anywhere without driving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, the Courtyard by Marriott® City Center hotel near downtown Portland, Oregon's Pearl District provides you with everything you'll need. From spacious guest rooms to our business center and on-site restaurant with classic American cuisine, this Pearl District, Portland hotel's amenities and services offer the perfect "Rose City" experience in the downtown Portland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Portland City Hotel Portland
- Courtyard Portland City Center