“Great central location in Portland” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #24 of 133 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Albany, Oregon
“Great central location in Portland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This past weekend, we spent one night at Courtyard by Marriott. (There was a concert in town.) It is very convenient to so many downtown venues, and it was the right choice for us!

It is close to the Lloyd Center for shopping, as well as restaurants for meals. The Moda Center (The Rose Garden) is only a few blocks away, very easy to walk to and from.

Our room had two queen beds, and it was very clean when we entered. It is a nice-size room, and there is plenty of space between the end of the beds and the dresser against the wall. The air conditioner worked really well and was quick to cool down the room.

The following morning, we enjoyed breakfast downstairs in the restaurant. It had a good menu and breakfast buffet. The chef made great omelets, which we really enjoyed. Very good service.

Enjoyed using the valet car parking. The attendants were always polite. Appreciated the bottle of water handed out to us when we left.

Used the lobby computer and printer, for a quick piece of business. Thank you for having it available.

This is a very good hotel to use when needing to be in the downtown Portland area.

Room Tip: Next time I would request a room higher than the 3rd floor. We were located on this floor right abo...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We spent 5 nights at this business-class hotel, and while it was short on amenities, the room was clean, adequately appointed (though a decent-sized coffee maker would be a welcome improvement over the lousy one-cup model they provide), and comfortable enough. The staff was friendly and helpful when we needed something, and housekeeping did a good job. But what made this hotel stand out for us was its location. It is on a block right in between the TriMet light rail lines, a few minutes walk to the Streetcar line, and maybe a 10 minute walk to Powell Bookstore and Whole Foods in the heart of the Pearl. Ten minutes the other way gets you to the riverfront walk, and a few minutes in yet another direction will get you to the City Center. So basically, you can get access just about anything in Portland within a few minutes of the hotel. Oh, and the TriMet line runs direct to and from the Airport, and it's cheap! It was perfect for us since it was our first trip to Portland and we didn't really want to rent a car until it was time to head out to the coast. Besides, parking downtown, and at the hotel, is REALLY expensive!

Room Tip: A higher floor will just be quieter and may get you a nice view, too.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Stockton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have delayed writing this review, due to the fact that I sent a detailed letter to the manager 2 weeks ago, but still have not heard from anyone. We stayed there in early August for a 2 night weekend stay. It is a located centrally which is nice.. The staff was very friendly. We checked in late on Friday night and got up early and we were gone most of the day until about 4. Our room had not been touched by the housekeepers. We called the front desk to let them know that we would be leaving for the evening and could they please send them. When we returned at 10 that evening, the only thing that was done, were new towels thrown up on the rack, and our bed comforter pulled up on the bed. Just pulled up, not even tucked in, sheets not changed, toothpaste in the sink, waste paper baskets not emptied. Nothing! We called the front desk again, and they asked us, " Oh do you want us to send someone ?" Well no, not at 10:00 in the evening, we were very tired and going to bed. In a dirty room, in an unmade bed . Yuck.!! What did we pay for $200 a night for? Very, very dissapointed. Management has not chosen to respond. I think that is the worst thing.....

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am so sorry that you have not heard back from our team in regards to your less than satisfactory stay. I would love to look into this issue more closely and ask for you to contact me directly on property. Again I am so sorry and look forward to hearing back from you so that we can make it up to you for this experience.

Best Regards,

Lindsey Ficken | Director of Rooms
Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center- A Boutique Hotel
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I flew in from Australia early on a Tuesday morning and flew up to Portland from LA that afternoon. Having had very little sleep and in desperate need of a lie down and shower, the front desk staff quickly checked me in, ran me through the necessary details and sent me on my way.

I was quite pleasantly surprised with what was in front of me when I entered my room - I had average expectations and they were exceeded. Large room, desk, arm chair, comfortable bed and a larger-than-hotel-average bathroom. I had a view of a brick wall straight outside my window, but that was neither here nor there in the scheme of things. The shower was fantastic, roomy with fantastic water pressure - fantastic for jet-lagged travellers! Nothing was dirty and I wasn't bothered by housekeeping in the mornings wanting to clean my room at 8am.

I liked that you were required to swipe your card before riding in the elevator, there is quite a large homeless population in the city of Portland and that extra security was welcome - not that they wander into the hotel!

The front desk staff were great in accommodating my questions regarding tasty dinner suggestions and laundry, and always greeted you with a smile even when you were just passing by.

If I ever come back to Portland, I would stay here again, the hotel is very central to everything (Pioneer Square, Pearl District, Waterfront etc.) and I didn't need to utilise the public transport right out the door at all - though it is very good!

If I had one gripe it would be to provide ear plugs in the guest rooms, there was some noise at night from outside (one night was very loud screaming) and construction across the road started around 6 or 7am, not at all welcome when you're still trying to get some sleep! This may however have been heightened as my room was in the corner and the window was cornered into the end of an alley, so the sound probably travelled up.

Room Tip: Higher rooms away from noise.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good location, spacious and clean room, very comfortable bed, we could walk to everything we needed. Would stay again. Service was excellent. We were asked if we wanted a higher or lower floor. Nice security with key cArd required to use elevator. Did have to pay $32 for valet parking.

• Stayed September 2014
Cannon Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions, both for work and fun. I've yet to be disappointed. You just can't be the location. Great shopping, dinning, and the now famous Portland food trucks are just a short walk from the hotel. During this stay we were on the 14th floor and had a nice view. Room was clean with an extra spacious bathroom. We grabbed a tasty breakfast at The Original restaurant connected to the hotel. I recommend the Mexican omelet and the Elvis French toast. This place is always a great stay and this visit was no exception. Safe travels.

Stayed September 2014
San Fernando, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here as a stop over on our way to Seattle. I say the hotel is regular but the value on which we paid for it is probably ok for the service we got from the hotel. The room is simple, nothing amazing. The bed is comfortable. Good thing about the hotel is you can walk around the hotel and there are a lot of shops and restaurants around it so you can do a little downtown sight seeing while you have the time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
CourtyardPDXGM, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for the high marks in value and service. We pride ourselves in the service we provide to our guests. I hope you get a chance soon to have a weekend in Portland.

Best Regards,

Lindsey Ficken | Director of Rooms
Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center- A Boutique Hotel

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center? Share your experiences!