“Great Every Time......” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Independence or
“Great Every Time......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have stayed here many times and every time we enjoy great hospitality and a pleasant stay. My Husbands company party was in the area at The Jamison and we live out of town. The people at the entrance door and front desk are so cheerful and welcoming. Our room was spotless. The bed and pillows very comfortable. I have back problems, so coming from me, thats a 10+ rating. The whole stay was just perfect for us. Thank you once again.

Room Tip: We have stayed on the higher floors most of our stays. Very quiet up there on the12th,14th, 15th flo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardPDXGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
WOW, we love 5 Star reviews, thank you! We are pleased that found everything to be perfect!
Most of all, we appreciate your loyalty!

Hope to see you again soon!

Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center- A Boutique Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I arrived at the hotel after midnight on a Friday night. There were a lot of young people out and about enjoying the weekend and many coming into the hotel. I was exhausted from traveling all week and was worried that I would be in the middle of a party and unable to sleep. The front desk assured me that they had a no party policy and that I should call the front desk if I heard anything. This would still have been an annoying situation. However, when I got to my room (newly decorated and very attractive) I could not hear a sound. No noise from the hallway or the street. I slept beautifully on the comfortable bed. The room was large and as I mentioned, newly redecorated. Clean and big bathroom. As noted in the name, it is right in the city center so close to anything you would need. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking to stay in downtown Portland.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 5 Star review. We love receiving them!!! I am pleased that you had a great stay with us and best of all, you got a good night sleep. Hope to see you again soon.

La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I spent quite a while researching hotels in Portland but eventually decided to book this hotel as the reviews were so good, the price was reasonable and it's centrally located. I am SO glad I did. The rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and have huge comfy beds. The view is great from the upper floors. The cafe downstairs has great food and very cool waiting staff! Everyone was so nice and helpful here. I'm surprised it's only a 3 star hotel. Seems more like 4 to me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardPDXGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We are glad that you booked as well. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you the next time you are in Portland!

Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very great and friendly service. Awesome location. It couldn't be in a more perfevt area. tt's in walking distance of everything downtown. I love, love, love it. I come down to portland often and will definatley stay again!!! I

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We love 5 Star reviews, thank you! I am glad that you love, love loved it! See you the next time!

Cannon Beach, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Marriott Courtyard in downtown Portland when we needed a place to stay before going to the airport the next day. We loved the location and we were in walking distance to shops, restaurants and theaters. The rooms were lovely and comfortable and the staff were so friendly and helpful!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the 5 Star review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, your room and that the staff was friendly and helpful. We hope to see you again!

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed one night, great value, new and super clean lobby and rooms. Staff are friendly and helpful. There isn't much choice for parking and valet is expensive compared to the price of the room. You can park on the next block for a little less.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
CourtyardPDXGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your 5 Star review, we appreciate it. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that staff was friendly and helpful to you.

Hope to see you again in the future!

Happy New Year!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in Dec 2012.
Here is the good: The location is excellent, to explore down town Portland and the Pearl District. There are lots of interesting shops, eateries and brew-pubs within walking distance. If you're not good on foot, there is also the Max street-car nearby, which is free down town. The place is quite nice looking and nicely decorated. Room was comfortable and had all the necessities we needed. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We had dinner at the restaurant (The Original) one night, which was very good and well worth the money we paid for it. There is a nice gym on site.
The not so good: Parking was very expensive. It's valet only and $30 per night, which really brings up the cost of your stay. The Valet guys were very helpful though when I needed to get something out of the car! The hotel was a bit stuffy. The air on our floor and in our room was stale and stuffy. The windows can't be opened to let in some fresh air. We got used to it after a day there. I didn't find the cleanliness up to par for this kind of property. There were quite a few stains on the bathroom walls and on the skirting of the bed. The counter tops were streaky and didn't look like they were properly cleaned. Also the main light fixture at the room entrance was broken and flashing like a strobe light for the time we were there. Not sure how a room attendant could miss that and not report it.
All in all we had a nice stay at the Marriott Courtyard. I would stay there again and would recommend it to a friend, if the price is right. If they could improve a bit on the housekeeping this would an excellent hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, the staff and our restaurant. I shared your housekeeping concerns with our Housekeeping Manager so that we can continue our quest to provide the best service we can. Being in a city, the parking can be a challenge which has a cost to it. Our nightly rate is very comparable or lower to all other hotels in the city.

Hope to see you again soon.

Happy New Year!

Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center- A Boutique Hotel

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center? Share your experiences!