“Business hotel with attention to detail” 4 of 5 stars

$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #24 of 133 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Business hotel with attention to detail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Has a good stay and loved the difference in the lobby and room layout/decoration. Just felt a little better than sitting in a normal hotel.

The staff was super friendly and welcoming. Already booked the same place for my next business trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardPDXGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for the nice review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you aleady booked again with us. See you soon!

Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center- A Boutique Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Sonoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Having stayed at quite a few nice Portland hotels over the years (Benson, Heathman, Kimptons, etc) I was thinking this may be a little bit of a downgrade as it is a Courtyard, and I couldn't have been more wrong. First, the location is perfect - an easy walk to the Pearl District and shopping and easy access to the rail line ($2.50 from the airport!)
The front desk and bell staff were super friendly and helpful and our corner room was spotless, filled with light and had a great view. The on-site restaurant "The Original" was very good for breakfast, and the property overall has a nice hip contemparary vibe without trying to be too cool. Will stay here on future trips to Portland!

Room Tip: Request a corner room on a high floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
CourtyardPDXGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
WOW, thank you for the 5 Star review. We love that you enjoyed your stay so much. It means a lot to us coming from someone who travels a lot. Looking forward to seeing you the next time in Portland!

Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed in Portland for a few days over Thanksgiving week. It was one of the best stays we have had with the brand. Meredith at check in helped us out with the downtown area and gave use some pointers on where things where. The valet staff was also very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you , thank you for the 5 Star review. We love them. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the nice comments about our staff. Hope to see you again!

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This review is based off a stay in June 2012.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard Portland City Center and I'll definitely consider this hotel as a top choice for my next visit to this city. We flew in on a Friday and took the Portland metro to downtown from the airport. This hotel is perfectly located within a few feet of the SW 5th & Oak St and the SW 6TH & Pine St MAX stations so getting to and from the airport was a breeze and I highly recommend it as oppose to renting a car and driving in. All the hotel staff we encountered throughout our stay was very nice and accommodating. The hotel room we stayed in was nice and roomy for 2 people and the bed was wonderful to sleep in. Since our stay occurred a few months ago the exact room number escapes me but we stayed on the 8th floor facing SW 6th Ave. The room had a very comfortable king bed, a desk area, a large flat screen TV, a large dresser, and a small refrigerator hidden inside the dresser.

Since we wanted to drive and see the waterfalls we ended up taking the MAX back to the airport to rent a car so on Saturday night we used the Valet services the hotel offers. If you're bringing you'll find less expensive self parking in one of the garages within a block away from the hotel but if you decide to use hotel parking expect to pay a standard $20-30 nightly fee. The hotel valet was quick to take our car when we drove up and was very quick to get our car the next morning when we called from our room as we were getting ready to check out.

Overall this was a very nice hotel which I would recommend you consider for your next trip. Even if you don't stay here you should visit the adjacent restaurant, The Original, which has yummy food and is opened really late.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your 5 Star review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, our location and accommodating staff. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a deal through the HotelTonight app. My room was small, as other reviews have said, but I thought it was merely on the smaller side of a normal sized hotel room. I had plenty of space with a king-sized bed and just me anyway. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. The furniture and carpet were in excellent shape - felt like a recently remodeled room. The bed, sheets and pillows were very comfortable and I slept soundly with the black out curtains. I appreciated the free in-room wifi so I could look up local places to eat and shop and their hours. The location is amazing, within blocks of most of downtown Portland's best things to offer. I thought the staff was very friendly during check in and check out. There was a late-night food pod open nearby on 3rd and Washington.

Everything was quiet except for a strange noise which was electrical humming noise, and it was cyclical like an inhale and exhale. I couldn't tell was coming from the back of the mini-fridge or the wall, but it sounded like a something mechanical with the building's vent or pipes, but it sounded like a quietly snoring dragon. Anyway, this only kept me up for about 5 minutes but the noise was still there in the morning when I woke up. Since it provided white noise, it actually might have helped me sleep better. Other than this, I heard no noise from the outside or other guests.

Luckily i was staying Saturday night so I could park on the street overnight since Sunday meters dont start until 1pm, but I would otherwise gripe about how expensive parking is at $30.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
CourtyardPDXGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your 5 Star review. We appreciate it! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry for the unfamilar noise. We will look into it as we check our rooms, as this is a not a norm for us. We thank you for staying with us and I hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in Portland!

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Very modern, like a boutique hotel. Fantastic workout room for a Courtyard. Very good location. Easy to get to Pearl Dist. Close to Voodoo donuts too. Valet is expensive but all hotels there are - $30 a day. Not many options to self park. Easy to get around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardPDXGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We like that you think we are better than most Courtyard's and noticed our boutique style hotel. Thank you, we work hard at it. We hope that you stay with us again in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Typical Marriott property & with the fantastic service that I always get. Lots of car hops & front desk assistance ( plus concierge ) greet you at the front door with big smiles, The lobby features free coffee & free newspapers plus a refreshment area (pay drinks ie beer, sandwiches etc).
The rooms are very new and again employ the signature Marroitt colors of soft browns & oranges. Very comforatble beds with free wifi, big flatscreen TV& lots of room in the standard room. No problem to remove the feather pillows.
The best is location / location. This downtown property is conventient to everything in the business district as well as great taverns, restaurants, museums etc. And we got here via the MAX train from the airport (for $5) with a 5 minute walk to 5th/Oak. No real need for a car.
First time in Portland as a tourist & the front desk is really helpful. Even drop them an email in advance & they can advise you what attractions are open & make recommendations.
Definately a referal to stay here.

Safe landings Mike N
Ps Any questions drop me a note. Was this helpful?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the nice review and a referral to all. We appreciate it. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and that you had a nice stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Portland.

Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center- A Boutique Hotel

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Portland City Center? Share your experiences!