You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport to your Saves list
Ranked #26 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice in the last year. It is conveniently located near the airport and within easy access to downtown Portland. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The complimentary breakfast is adequate. If you have an early flight, they have a goodie bag for the road. The shuttle service is also excellent.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the golf course where it is a bit quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Kapolei, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson. It was close to the airport and had a shuttle that picked us up within minutes of arrival. The staff was very pleasant and the continental breakfast was amazing. Eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, bagles, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. available every morning at 6:00am. We loved it there and would stay there again. We are definitely telling everyone about this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SAINT PAUL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Near the end of a family trip to Portland, various relatives scatted in various directions. I found myself spending the weekend at this property. I did not have a car, and was a little anxious about how I would get around. I shouldn't have worried. The staff is outstanding. I was able to leave my bags in storage the morning before checking in, and the motel offers a quick shuttle to and from the nearby airport. I was getting around on the MAX LRT, and with a daily $5 ticket my transport was pretty much unlimited, with the Red line ending at the airport. Once there, I could call the front desk (Hi, Jean! Hi, Harvey!) and they would send the multitasking Jesse to get me. The motel is in a wooded setting and sheltered enough so the airplane noise wasn't an issue. There were some noisy people in the hotel, but I slept fine. The facilities were top notch, the WiFi home website was pretty informative, I enjoyed the food, and thought the included breakfast buffet was tasty with something for almost everyone. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this property on a future visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing you experience of hotel with others. We sure do appreciate it and hope to see you again soon! Take care!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

It was the middle of our lengthy vacation and we had several loads of laundry to take care of. There were 2 washers and 2 dryers available to help get the job done twice as fast if I needed to. An ATM was available right off the lobby as well. Their shuttle driver was very helpful and didn't mind answering questions we had about using the Portland public transit system. The front desk girl took my call about an ironing board missing from our room. I never heard back from her, but I saw a Housekeeper while doing my laundry and she had no problem finding one for me immediately. Don't be late to breakfast !! Its wonderful, but they rope off the breakfast entrance area once the cut-off time has arrived. I expected to have problems sleeping due to airport noise, but that was not an issue.

The property is a beautiful place to meet up with others.. Plenty of nice seating areas for a short or lengthy chat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights while in Portland area.nice room, needs some updating and hair dryer fell out of wall. Great shower! Breakfast below average in small and crowded area. Staff was very friendly and is very convenient to airport.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cedar Falls, Iowa, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at this hotel for about the past ten years, a couple of times each year and we have never been let down. Staff and service doesn't get any better than this and each time we return, we are greeted by the same people, Harvey or Caroline and it just feels like home! We recommend everything about this hotel, you won't be disappointed!!!!!!!! George and Susan from Iowa.

Kennewick, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We've stayed at quite a few hotels in the Portland area. I've had to make many trips the past few months because of ailing parents, and have stayed here the past 3 times. The beds are comfortable, the hotel is very clean, they have a tasty breakfast with a wide variety which is included, their rates are very reasonable, it is quiet, and the hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. One night we had an upstairs neighbor who was up at 1:30 for an hour, and I swear she was doing aerobics, running back and forth in her room. Not sure what that was about, but she left at 2:30 am with a slam of the door, and we were able to then go back to sleep. Other than that, it has been really quiet every other time we have stayed. This is our hotel of choice when in the Portland area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We very much thank you for taking the time to let others know of your stay with us and can't wait to have you back in the future. Again thank you very much!