“Great accomodations and very economical” 5 of 5 stars

Hospitality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10155 SW Capitol Highway, Portland, OR 97219   |
Ranked #64 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Wenatchee
“Great accomodations and very economical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Perfect place for people on a budget. Neat , clean , fresh chocolate chip cookies every evening, great location, was
completely renovated a few years ago, and very inexpensive.
Great rooms and friendly staff.Only a mile away from the Sylvania
Campus of Portland Community College. Several Restaurants are located within a block of the motel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
St Louis MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stayed 6 nights recently... visiting grandkids. We love this place & it's location... & it's management.

It is just off I-5 South... has a McDonalds & Starbucks & Pizza joint right next door. And if you show your room key, you get 10% off at the Pizza place.

The first night (room towards the McDonalds) we heard the trash truck emptying the big bins. Not sure if this was nightly or weekly, we asked to be moved. The manager was tripping over himself to help... offering another room w/ key, but "keep your current room key til you're finished moving your stuff". Kept asking if all was ok.

Breakfast is sparse, but I expect that in an economy hotel... though I did partake of the bagels & cream cheese... and was tempted by the waffle making machine.

Will we stay there again? You bet. And if you have to go somewhere, early in the morning... grab that Starbucks & jump on I-5 before 7:15am... cause the traffic doesn't seem to ramp up til 7:45am. Easy jump to the airport.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Gold Beach Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I started staying in this hotel from 1996---it was wonderful--it has gone down hill fast in the last couple of years----the staff is was great but now the rooms smelll and are dirty---in January of this year I stayed in room 2--something the bathroom had long black hair and dirt in the bathtub----as I had traveled over 300 miles it was too late to check out when I notice it so cleaned the bathroom myself---good VALUE i DON'T THINK SO won't be staying there again staying in my car would be an improvement I don't believe the T V it is a very small and most of the stations don't come in so don't expect to be albe to have intertainment there jeegee97@yahoo.com

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Lacey, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

I spent two nights and couldn't be more pleased. First impressions...clean lobby amd a positive welcome from the desk clerk. My room was generous in size with desk and sofa. Coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave also in the room. Radio worked, which I prefer to TV. Free cookies in the lobby when I returned in the evening. Internet connection worked without any glitches.

The breakfast is basic. I passed and went to McDonalds which is adjacent. Starbucks also just one more step away.

I guess the only negative is that the towels are pretty skimpy.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

Came in late. Never stayed here before. Visiting my daughter who is a student at nearby Lewis and Clark College. There are cheaper places on the Capitol Highway, but this place has both service, clean rooms, and you really don't feel sleazy spending the night here. I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Fresno California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

My family and I have been here countless times and this time we were here for medical reasons and I have to say that the Hospitality Inn is consistent in every way. We had no choice to bring our little dog( a first time for us) and they facilitated us without question. I'm not sure what the person was talking about who said in their review that there isn't a dogie run, there sure is; next time ask them where it is. It was not only adequate for walking our dog but was spotless, no other dog droppings anywhere. Jeff and his staff were, as usual, exceptional and everything was exceptionally clean. I only wish they had DVD players but we understand the economy and appreciate that they haven't increased their rates since we have been coming there and thats been over 6 years. Way to go helping us out. We will not only continue to come here but we recommend this place to anyone coming to Portland; it's definitely the nicest Hotel around this part of Portland.
Thanks again guys,
Rev

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

We thought the location was perfect and from the outside it looked nice. The young man at the desk seemed nice, but oddly nervous. We figured he must have some personal issues. We went to our room, and should have left then, as it smelled of roach spray layered over some sort of rotten something. All I wanted to do was watch TV to relax before sleep, but the TV was just static. We called down to the desk but the nervous guy told me there was no other TV. HUH?? Strange response. It sounded all too much of a hassle for him, and I told him I didn't appreciate his manner since I was tired and a paying guest. He didn't apologize but said to talk to the manager in the morning. The next morning as we were leaving, I approached the desk and politely told the day clerk (who I really thought would understand) about the horrendous smell, broken TV, strange night clerk and my ruined evening. He flashed a big smile (think: used car salesman) and said he already heard about how rude I was to the clerk. Double HUH HUH??? His fake smile stayed plastered on his face as he very sarcastically said he hoped we would come again and enjoy the inn. OMG, what a nasty tone he used. I have never experienced anything like this. I didn't want to continue this exchange, so just turned and left. If you don't mind stink, a TV that doesn't work, two very odd desk clerks and an ugly feeling in your gut, well then this place is ideal. BAD place. Stay away.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hospitality Inn? Share your experiences!