“Friendly service and awesome truffle fries!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Naito Parkway
Transit: Max Light Rail is easily accessible...within steps of Hotel Fifty's entrance.
Description: H5O bistro & bar is Hotel Fifty's restaurant that delivers all-day dining, featuring fresh, expertly-presented contemporary, urban food and beverages…in small plate or traditional portion sizes. Seasonal sidewalk seating is available. A favorite among downtown Portland restaurants, this is a venue where diners may enjoy either a romantic evening or a quick bite on the way to another destination during any day part.
Corvallis, Oregon
“Friendly service and awesome truffle fries!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We did not stay at this hotel but walked here from our hotel a couple of blocks away. It was happy hour and we scored a table by the window. The server was super friendly and funny.

We decided on some appetizers to share. Although I normally love hummus I didn’t love the saffron hummus. I did like that it came with cucumbers in addition to the pita bread though.

What I did love was the truffle fries. OMG! They were sooo delicious and it was a large serving, which we really didn’t need to finish, so we didn’t but it was hard not to want to keep eating them.

We also each had a glass of their house red which was on Happy Hour. It was really good and we actually wrote down the name. We asked the server how much a bottle would be and she told us, but suggested we save our money and buy it elsewhere, which was nice. Although $5. a glass could have been better than the $6 we paid.

Overall, cool place and we talked about maybe staying at this hotel our next time in town.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Portland
“Excellent food-underrrated in portland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Using a $50 groupon for a 3 course meal including an introductory glass of champagne, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and our entree was as good as anywhere you can get in portland. The three course meal consisted of choice of green salad, beet carpaccio or tomato basil soup. Not liking beets we went with the salad, it was nicely dressed. The entree and the desserts were excellent. We were presented with 3 entree choices, rock shrimp with chilis on squid ink pasta, NY steak with green peppercorn sauce and a mushroom risotto. Our server offered us a bonus entree of pancetta wrapped columbia river sturgeon- that was our choice and it was fabulous and served with barley risotto and Cinnamon dusted brussel sprouts. Desserts were an excellent and smooth creme brulee and pear tart tartin. Both excellent. One hidden opportunity is the wine steward picks which consist of older but fewer bottles they are trying to move. They were all excellent we chose between the 2006 Raptor Ridge Shea and the 2004 Chateau de Pez Bordeaux, both were steals at $66 and $44 respectively. Our selection, the bordeaux was absolutely delicous and perfect to drink. The wine retails for $35 so it was a restaurant steal at $44. Our server was excellent. The ambiance of the room isn't refined as other portland places but the food stacks up against any in Portland.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Exceded my expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I went using my living social chef's menu for two. There were three of us eatting(two using the l.s deal). First of all the valet service is free for first two hours. The valet was very gracious and friendly. The hostess seated me at a nice quiet window seat with a great view of the city. The server was quick to come.The waiter was friendly and attentive. He took my drink order while I waited on my dinner companions. Two of us ordered the Soup du jour and steak. We were broughe a tasting of ceviche. It was ok(not a big fish fan). The tomato basil soup was very good. The steak was cooked perfectly and very tender.For dessert I had the creme brulee. It was delicious .I can not say enough nice about the meal!!! From the time we entered til the time we left everything was relaxing and enjoyable. I would go back without a living social deal !!!!!

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Pretty nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our five year anniversary was around the corner and I wanted to go somewhere that was different from the typical Japanese and Thai restaurants we usually eat at. On LivingSocial, I found a pretty good deal for this place; $50 for dinner for two. This included two glasses of champagne and a three course meal. The champagne was great and the salad was a real treat. Our entrees were delicious as well, especially my truffle risotto. The desserts were quite a disappointment though. The pear tart looked like someone had scattered pie leftovers on a tiny plate, it was three bites max. The creme brulee was made in a way too deep of a dish and they seemed to have attempted to substitute the abundance of the custard part by making the sugar topping way too thick, to a point where it was barely possible and quite painful to chew. The service was great. Our server was very friendly but they had issues with the bar and were not serving beer on tap. I also did not like that the tables were so close to each other. We wanted an intimate night but were sat less than a foot away from another couple who silently ate their three course meal and just a foot behind us was a table to six young drunk people who were being loud. Not the romantic night I wanted...

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Eggs Benedict and Grand Marnier Custard French Toast OMGEEEE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

This was by far one of THE best eggs bene i have had! The hollindaise sauce was to die for. Just writing this review makes me want another.
My daughter had the French Toast and loved it!!!!
Homemade yogurt too!!! So yummy!!!
The prices were very reasonable and we would DEFINATELY eat here again! I can imagine what dinner would have been like if breakfast was this good!