“Trip to USA & Canada” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 133 hotels in Portland
Melbourne, Australia
“Trip to USA & Canada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This Hotel is centrally located and very comfortable. The rooms are very good and the bed extremely comfortable. The service down on Ground floor restaurant when we arrived at 9.30pm was very slow and we had to follow up to get our meal. This Hotel is very good and the service from staff apart from the restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ron G, General Manager at Benson Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your patronage and review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciated your comments. We look forward to addressing them and seeing you again in the future!

1,033 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We needed a weekend get away. I found the Benson through the the Portland Downtown Hotel site, but then went to their own site and found a deal that was actually better for us. I had booked a King Room. The first room they gave me was an King Suite, but the view wasn't great. The bellman promptly called the desk, and moved me to a regular HUGE king room, with an amazing view. No issues. I picked this over the others because they have Tempur Pedics!!
We had the Stay and Valet package, and ate Breakfast at the Palm Court. Then took a cab to where we needed to go.
ALL staff--the chef, valet staff, bell staff, housekeeping--all were very well trained, attentive and live to please. Great location.

I've stayed a a number of hotels in Portland. Pick this one. Skip the Marriott Waterfront.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
KAILUA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 times, and I think it's probably my favorite hotel of anywhere. I love it. Rooms are nice, comfortable, clean, lobby is great. Nice breakfast buffet. And there are so many restaurants within a very short walk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Silverton, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I usually stay in chain hotels, but for a few dollars more this was a delighful experience.
I had arrived prior to the usual 4pm check in time. The desk was flexible and said they would call me when a room was ready. The concierge relieved me of my bags so I could go to lunch. I stepped out to eat at Portlands iconic food carts. Soon the desk called with a room. The Benson is a great hub from which to explore Portland. Nice to be surrounded by elegance and an attentive staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I grew up in Portland, but never stayed at the Benson. Now, at age 65, I finally had the opportunity to stay there for the first time, and gladly took it! It was everything I had thought it would be for all those years. It is what a fine hotel should be. Elegant grace combined with a first rate staff, and you have the makings of a wonderful experience. The room was large, the bed, very comofrtable, and the small amenities, plentiful. Thank you, Benon, for a wonderful stay, and we will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We booked The Benson for one night of our 3 day mini-honeymoon to Portland. The staff was very friendly and the concierge upgraded our room for free upon finding out we had just recently gotten married. The room was clean and spacious. The location was perfect and was within walking/transit distance to everything we wanted to check out. It would have been nice to stay another day but we had booked another hotel on the other side of the river (my new sister-in-law works for Marriott). Upon check-out they held our bags until we could check in at our next destination. A great experience overall.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly and efficient staff. The room was nice and the bed comfortable. A nice surprise in the bathroom was full size shampoo and conditioner to use. The bed had lots of pillows and a fluffy comforter. They also provided a wonderful road and slippers.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Benson Hotel? Share your experiences!