“Stay In Style Even At The Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #33 of 133 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco
“Stay In Style Even At The Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great pantry if you arrive late or wake up early. Modern, healthy snacks.

Super fun bar scene. Good for working in lobby after the day is done.

Helpful service. Told me about local trail for running.

Cute rooms. AC works great. Nice desk working space.

Up-to-date gym.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Crystal S, Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thanks so much for your review! Hope you got a chance to listen to some of our live music! Come back and visit soon!

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Redmond, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the aloft hotel in Portland. We stayed for one night prior to a flight out. The hotel has a very European feel which we like. The room was spacious and well configured. The service was friendly and excellent. The only down side was some noise to to air traffic which is to be expected from an airport hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the review, Mike! We love to provide excellent costumer service! Just pop on by and let the front desk team know that you are a light sleeper and we would be happy to provide you with some complimentary ear plugs to help you rest easy.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to have you back soon!

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice this year - once in January and once in March. The January points for Make a Green Choice posted 6+ weeks after the stay. Many SPG hotels have the points post with the stay.

The March points never posted. 2 e-mails later and promise of 5-10 days, the points were still not posted. SPG said they asked the hotel to do it but someone dropped the ball somewhere.

Finally, I asked SPG to just forget the hotel and give me the points. They did.

I generally do not have my room serviced anyway. Still, if a hotel offers this option, then the points should be honored timely.

I am posting the original rating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review! We are sorry that your green points were not posted in a timely manner. Please feel free to call and ask for me at the hotel and I will be happy to research this for you and make sure that all of your points have been posted. We have recently implemented a new Make a Green Choice procedure that will give our guests a much faster turn around in reward redemption, so we believe you will be happy when you return to stay with us.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

503-935-5660
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Clean and near the airport, Aloft does not seem weird enough to belong to Portland. The metro station, located adjacent to the parking lot, made it convenient to go downtown for dinner and a walk. Shopping and Starbucks was located across the street, although it was an anywhere USA generic strip mall. I liked the convenience and safety of the hotel. Also, I got a special rate for my Portlandia dvds, beer glasses, and guide book. I dig the lounge and live music in the lobby. Overall, a great stay. I stayed here twice and would return again. Put a bird on that!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Put a bird on it, indeed! Did you know "Portlandia" has been filmed at the property several times! We are thrilled that you had a great stay and hope you can come back soon!

Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

So I must not be the target market. I'm spg gold and travel on biz a lot and am pretty picky. Too loud, hip in the lobby. Hate the neon lights in the bedrooms. Bed comfort ok but definitely no Westin or Sheraton. But very clean and worked fine for the purpose of easy airport access. Front desk people very very nice.

• Stayed July 2013
Crystal S, Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello minnesota_margot! Thank you so much for your review. Our front desk & Re: Fresh talent teams take great pride in taking care of our guests and we are so glad you noticed.

Thank you so much for staying weith us and we do hope to see you again on your next trip out of Portland.

DFW
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here one night before leaving early the next morning on a plane. Too trendy. The music when you walked in was so loud and so techno that I could not hear the mumbling lady at the front desk, who made no eye contact. The check out guy was barely audiable as well. Loud club level techno music is not cool at 4 am, and I LIKE techno music. Anyway the bathroom had a window to the bedroom, which woke up the wife. The bed was so uncomfortable that she got up and went to the other bed during the night! Come on. No fan in the bathroom? The pool inoperational? $10 for a water and breakfast sandwich? A dirty shower? By no means is this the worst hotel ever, but wow, it is designed poorly for a primary function--quiet restful SLEEP.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Our property certainly isn't for everyone as personalities differ. Our sister property, the Sheraton is lovely option for future stays.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with your further in regard to the issues with your stay. I would like to know which room number you were in and the date of your stay so I can follow-up with our House Keeping Manager in regard to the issues with your shower.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

503-935-5660
Btown wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Have you ever found yourself in a rut where it was same ol', same ol'? Where everything was so predictable that you new exactly what to expect? Well, after years and years of being faithful to Hilty for the few crumbs he threw me I decided enough was enough. It was time to explore new horizons and find out just what I've been missing. Wow! I feel like I've been walking around with blinders on for years! Aloft, you knew exactly what I was missing and blew me away with your sassy design savvy and extreme coolness which turned out to be extremely hot! Who knew that a big, bold sign could be so alluring? Or, that your jazzy lobby was so Portlandia chic? And, then to top it off with a family of 4 Portland Attraction pass? Call me easy, but I'm totally sold and that was just at hello. You hadn't even gotten me to my room at that point. I hadn't realized what I'd been missing by being faithful, but you opened my eyes. I needed this escape from the mundane to explore my adventurous side. Thank you for one glorious night of infidelity. Let's do it again real soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
This has to be one of the most creative reviews we've ever gotten Nat! Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness! We pride ourselves on having a sassy, fun, space and are so glad you liked it...and we hope you like it again, and again!

We're so glad you "stepped out" with us and hope that this is the beginning of long relationship where we discover Portlandia together.