“Great Place to Stay and very close to airport” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #28 of 132 hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Place to Stay and very close to airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Beautiful hotel (like most Alofts) and excellent service. Check in was easy, parking was free and the staff was very pleasant. The room was very clean and had everything we needed. Because it is near the airport the airplanes can be a little noisy. The front desk provides ear plugs.

Room Tip: Upper floors are usually better
Green Features: Get extra points if do not have your towels washed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Crystal S, Manager at aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us AJGrizzly and writing us a review! We are so glad you liked our hotel and hope that we get to have you back with us again soon!

Thanks again!

600 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

It's a standard ALoft - same rooms, bar, etc. that you'd find in any ALoft. The staff was, I thought, above average for Starwood group, which is somewhat impressive.

The location has its pluses and minuses. The Portland light rail stop is a few hundred feet away - gets you into Portland in 30-40 minutes, ride the whole day for $5. So that's definitely a plus. OTOH, the final approach to, apparently, all three PDX runways is right above, so every five minutes or so a jet plane passes by your window close enough that you can wave to the pilots. I'm a bit of an aviation buff, so I didn't mind that, but some people might.

More problematic is absence of decent restaurants in the area. Overall, a good option, but keep in mind plane noise and no good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Crystal S, Manager at aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
We are so glad you like our staff. I work with a great bunch of people here and they always make it fun to come to work each day. We do have some restaurants within walking distance...Buffalo Wild Wings, IHOP, Famous Dave's BBQ, Red Robin, Jersey Mikes, Taco Del Mar, Hot Pot & Sushi...Not sure if you got a chance to try any of those...maybe next time...:)

Thanks again for your thoughtful review! We really do appreciate it!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

TJ was personable, professional and pleasant. From the moment we sat down he was extremely service oriented and he made us feel like we were the only guest in the lounge. Please pass on how great and awesome we thought he was and anytime I'm back in Portland I will return for more of his excellent service

• Stayed May 2013
TJ really appreciated your review! We love having him on the team because he always makes our guests feel welcome.

Hope you stop by again soon!

seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hip hotel; modern, simple rooms. Liked the layout - not a big space but it felt like enough. Nice Bliss bathroom toiletries. They had live music on saturday night. cool scene. Free bottled water in the room- nice touch, never see that anymore.

Two issues - they say on the website "leave your charger at home". So we did...I asked the front desk for an iphone charger and the front desk said "sorry, we don't have any. people leave chargers here but no one's left an iphone charger". I was confused because I thought it was a part of the sell that we wouldn't need to bring a charge. The other thing was that the mini fridge in the room never got cold. I put the water in there at night and then in the morning opened it expecting to have cold water but it was luke warm. I could hear the fan though- it must've been broken.

Just those two issues though - I would definitely stay there again - but I'll bring my charger.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Crystal S, Manager at aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hello! thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you liked our live music. Friday and Saturday nights can be a lot of fun!

We are so glad you liked our hotel. I'm sorry for the mis-communication about the charger and your fridge issue. Did you call down to the front desk about the fridge. We like to send maintenance up to take a look so that you have use of it during your stay.

We hope to have back again soon!

Thanks again!

Papaikou, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I always stay at the aloft hotel near the Portland Airport,easy access to shopping(across the street)You can get on the max rail an it takes you right into the city , so no worries about find a place to park. The hotel is nice an very quiet,only problem is it is showing some wear,carpet is starting to ripple in hallways etc,an seemed rooms weren't keep as nice as they once where.
Overall good place an I'll always stay there when traveling thru Portland.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for staying with us when you come to Portland! It is so great to have return guests and we appreciate your loyalty...:)

Hope to see you again soon!

San Anselmo, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed at the aloft Portland Airport for just a night while on a business trip. As you're also probably a business traveler, I'll make this quick:

Pros:
--Close to airport with free shuttle
--Close to TriMet MAX Light Rail Service, which whisks you easily downtown
--Nice snacks and breakfast - surprisingly inexpensive
--Large TV with good reception and wide channel selection
--Hot water on demand
--Acceptably clean
--Fairly well-appointed - coffee maker, ironing board, decent amenities without asking
--Relatively inexpensive
--Highly effective air conditioner
--Lobby area is dominated by bar - if that's how you like to spend your evenings

Cons:
--Scratchy sheets. I mean, REALLY scratchy.
--The room was rather spare - absolutely no art on the wall, hard carpeted surface (which I find common in hotels of this class). It felt cold and artless. Maybe the best way to describe it would be to call it the nicest college dorm room I've slept in?
--Complete failure of the loft concept - looked like most other hotel rooms
--Crummy lighting - again typical of hotels of this class
--Odd retro non-digital bedside clock - why???
--Slow check-in (but pleasant)

So it wasn't a BAD place to stay, but I guess I expected more out of a Starwood property. While it's probably one of the top three hotels near PDX, personally I would try the Hyatt Place if I had to stay near the airport again. I can't say that it's better, but this stay certainly had me thinking that I could do better.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor, which left me completely without privacy unless I drew the blinds and kept...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks you so much for staying with us, Bradley! Your thoughtful review helps us to grow as a team and we appreciate all of your points good and not so good. We hope that we get a chance to have you back with us in the future.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel was very nice in presentation. Very Retro. I liked the fact that the pool and work out room are 24/7 with room key. Beds are a little hard and not very comfy. Pillow were fine. For 3 days I had issues trying to login to the wireless network and no one could help me. I even contacted their help desk, NOTHING! On my last day, Justine was a GREAT help.She was able to come up with a simple fix and stayed to make sure everythng was working properly! Thank you Justine, YOU ROCK!

Room Tip: Carry an Ethernet cable. You never know is the Wireless will work.
Green Features: I think that it is great that they are going GREEN. Great practices.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Crystal S, Manager at aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I would like to assure you that all internet connectivity issues have been resolved. I am so glad that Justine was able to help you out. We are so lucky to have her on our team.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you with us on your next visit to Portland!

Guest Services Manager

Been to aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station? Share your experiences!