“Great for our wedding night!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #35 of 132 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great for our wedding night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Aloft on our wedding night, to be close to the airport. The room was comfortable and uniquely decorated. We were pretty much in and out, but had a good experience there. When they heard it was our wedding night, the evening clerk gave us vouchers for some bar snacks, and the next morning, vouchers for some breakfast foods! It wasn't a huge amount of money, but a really nice gesture. I would recommend them.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you want a convenient hotel without the expensive of staying downtown, then this is your place. Only a short walk to the MAX red line train that will take you straight downtown, and free parking if you have a car. Friendly front desk staff always willing to help. Nice and quiet as far as hearing any noise from the adjacent rooms or room above you. There is some noise from the airplanes but that type of noise doesn't bother me so it was a non-issue. Pretty decent selection of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The overall value of this property is quite good. Good amenities, decent selection of restaurants in the area and great location with the close proximity to the airport. The best part about this hotel is the WXYZ lounge bar. Ahsad and Jeannette are gold!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
salem, oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was exactly what I needed - a fresh modern hotel with a comfy bed. Great bar. Awesome pool and workout room. Clean!! Very weird the microwave was on the bottom shelf in the bathroom where there was no outlet and impossible to use until my burly hubs carried it into the bedroom to use at the desk (?) Um... ok... And oh my gosh, why why why do the maids knock on every dang door all the way down the hall before 9 a.m. WHY??? The one day out of the last million, I get to sleep in, but o well. Other than that, loved it. Use the DO NOT DISTURB sign. :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Value-wise, this hotel offered everything that I look for when not traveling on the company dime:
-an excellent room rate
-free parking
-free wifi
-free bottled water (not that I specifically look for this, but it's a nice bonus)

However, what will have me coming back time and time again is their extremely pet-friendly policy. Anyone who has a dog knows how hard it can be to travel (both with or without them). If you leave Fido at home, you face costly boarding/petsitting fees and the potential that he's mad at you upon your return. And if you bring them with, you encounter even more challenges finding pet-friendly accommodations at a reasonable rate. Many thanks to Aloft Portland for relieving us of this added stress! In fact, this was one of the primary deciding factors when we chose Portland as the destination on our spontaneous Thanksgiving weekend getaway. Lil was warmly welcomed with a luxurious dog bed, food and water dishes, and a little bag of treats. And, best of all, the hotel does not charge any sort of pet fee!

Alright, enough dog talk, as I know not all of you have a furry best friend. Pet policy aside, I'd still rate this hotel a solid five stars based on value alone. For what you pay versus what you get, it is a fine deal.

Hotel is clean, new, and modern-looking. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. There's a 24-hour fitness center. The heated pool is open from 6am-11pm (Note: this property does not have a hot tub, though we were told we could visit the Sheraton sister property a couple miles down the street for complimentary use of their hot tub facilities.) There's also an in-room mini fridge and microwave, which is always nice. And, all of the perks already mentioned above. We're also looking forward to borrowing one of the hotel bikes and riding along the Columbia River.

When in Portland especially if you are flying in/out of PDX, I'd recommend checking out this property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hayward, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was my first stay at an Aloft Hotel. I stayed one night, arriving late and leaving relatively early in the morning. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Room was tastefully decorated. They provide toiletries by Bliss, have refrig and microwave, coffee and tea in the room. Heat and cooling controlled by thermostat and functioned well and quietly! Though they do not have breakfast included in the price of the stay they do provide a sort of an express continental breakfast bar to purchase along with free coffee and tea.
My 2 concerns were the comforter on the bed in which the fill had clumped in the sides of the comforter, leaving no fill in the middle where you need it for warmth.
And, upon checking out, I was told that I didn't owe anything. Later that day when I checked my credit card, I had a pending charge of $50 for the hotel.
An evaluation card had been left in the room encouraging contact with David Porter, the general manager. I contacted him by email. He immediately contacted me regarding these two issues. The comforter issue is apparently known and being addressed by the hotel chain already. He also said that I should have had the $50 hold for incidentals on my credit card explained at the time of registration and promised to do additional at their daily morning meeting with staff.
I would certainly stay there again. And when I have a good comforter they will get 5 stars! David Porter's responsiveness certainly added to my satisfaction.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel overnight so that I could catch an early morning flight from PDX. The property is super modern. I loved the decor. The room had a box on the desk for hooking my laptop up to the TV. The wireless worked very well and the bed and pillows were comfortable. I'd definitely stay here again.

This hotel is super close to the airport, which is awesome for catching a flight. I was on the top floor so there was some plane noise, but it was pretty minor and I didn't have any trouble sleeping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
T K, Manager at aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Hi TechPoet,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your business!

We’re glad to be so close to Portland International Airport. Our complimentary airport shuttle is fast, convenient and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our Park and Fly room package is also popular, which includes overnight accommodations + extended parking. Either way, getting to the airport from the hotel is a breeze.

Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you!

Been to aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station? Share your experiences!