When asked why I was visiting Portland my reply, "I'm here for The Nines". Not for shopping, or the great restaurants, but for the hotel and to spend time with my sisters at my favorite Portland hotel.
I absolutely love the Nines & wonderful Club Lounge staff & concierge's (Patrick, Aaron, Jody, there are a couple others and i'm so so sorry I've forgotten some names but I love you all. You too Josie even though I didn't get the chance to say "hi" this last time).
I have been visiting The Nines for 5 years now and it's my ONLY Portland hotel (unless I need to be by the airport and opt for Sheraton). As SPG Platinum they have always taken great care of me. There are not many room types for "upgrades" but access to the club lounge is a type of upgrade in its own . .best club lounge EVER with great staff. And this visit I reached 50nts for the year and did in fact receive a lovey upgrade to Corner room w/ 2 queen beds on 9th floor with fabulous view of Pioneer square (along with club lounge access & complementary internet as Platinum).
I've read many reviews with complaints on the room size, I've only once had smallish room with atrium view and since learned to book "City View" rooms with 2 beds. I love the decor, the beds and bedding and always have a great night sleep here.
As fabulous as my stay was I do have a couple items to note:
1) The red wine being offered in the club lounge is terrible, thankfully the champagne was wonderful. One suggestion, the Urban Farmer was serving a very inexpensive Cab/Sav for happy hour, "Domino" I believe, and it was much more palatable.
2) All my previous stays the coffee in the lounge has been great, this time however it was extremely week and really needs to be a bit stronger, at least weekend mornings please :)
Honestly those are the only faults I found with the Nines.
Check-in was quick and smooth and our room was ready early, Anna was very pleasant & helpful. Food throughout the hotel is wonderful, no need really to ever go out the front door. I enjoyed heavenly Eggs Benedict with snow crab at the Urban Farmer, and in the evenings my favorite is to order the Potato Tart on the dinner menu sidedish but its a meal in its own (see pic). I'm on vacation when at the Nines so calories don't count right :) The rooftop restaurant, Departure, also has very tasty items and I love the Shu Mai (port dumplings) with dash of hot mustard . .soo yummy and a Must-Have every visit.
Then rounding out the hotel dinning, the club lounge has very fun little mini-dish items and desserts (as well as continental breakfast). . .the drinks are okay at Urban Farmer & Departure but nothing compares to the enjoyable Club Lounge staff and intimate setting the lounge offers. It was an extraordinary weekend at The Nines with my two wonderful sisters. We'll undoubtedly be returning. Thank you for everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A downtown luxury hotel, The Nines, Portland hotel offers a boutique experience in the Pacific Northwest. Located next to Pioneer Square, we're the perfect starting point for your explorations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Starwood, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Nines, Portland Hotel Portland
- The Nines Hotel Portland