Rooms: gorgeous. Beds: heavenly. Location: in the middle of everything. Urban farmer food: Yum! But for me, what really set this apart was the service.
The staff here really goes above and beyond. The concierge emailed me before my stay to see if I needed anything, and I asked if they could deliver Voodoo doughnuts. They said sure, and I assumed that they had some delivery arrangement with the shop, or that Voodoo made deliveries. Imagine my surprise when I called them the afternoon of check-in and found that actually, the concierge was going to personally drive to Voodoo to pick up donuts for me!! They actually apologized that they couldn't do it in the afternoon right when I called, because the concierge picks up the donuts before work and couldn't leave his desk. Of course, this was entirely NOT their fault, it was mine for not communicating more clearly with them (because who ever thinks anyone would go so out of their way for you??). What an amazing group. They did end up delivering donuts the next morning.
Then, I went on a hike and cut my knee. I didn't ask for it, but one of the employees must have noticed when I got back that I had a nasty cut, and somehow knew what room I was in, and sent a bellboy over with a band-aid!! Seriously, I have never encountered such awesome hotel staff. They also delivered fruit and nuts to our hotel room and did all sorts of other things to anticipate our every desire.
Because of how well I was treated here, I will never consider staying anywhere else in Portland. They've earned my business for life.
Only one suggestion for improvement: the service at Urban Farmer was quite slow - our food took about an hour to arrive after we ordered, so don't come famished and be prepared to sit and enjoy the lovely atrium for awhile. It wouldn't have been a problem normally, but a few of us were rushing to catch a flight. The food was excellent - shaved steak eggs benedict were scrumptious.
- Also Known As:
- The Nines, Portland Hotel
- The Nines, Portland Hotel Portland
- The Nines Hotel Portland
- The Nines Portland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A downtown luxury hotel, The Nines, Portland hotel offers a boutique experience in the Pacific Northwest. Located next to Pioneer Square, we're the perfect starting point for your explorations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, AAA Travel Services, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Nines, Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.