Hoo-boy. Quite a high-class hotel at an excellent rate (with no state sales tax)! You know it's reasonable when poor ol' I can afford it for a whole week.
I don't think much needs to be said, really: the room was very well furnished and decorated and everything was clean. The TV was great and hosted a well-enjoyed episode of Shark Tank. There were two double beds, a long chaise and a side table with a stuffed chair, but I could have used a proper workstation. The bathroom was swanky and fully equipped with towels. This also happens to be one of those hotels that looks good between the front lobby and guest rooms.
Location-wise, The Nines is also excellent. It stands right at the intersection of the two most important light rail lines in the city that can take you (free!) to everywhere from Portland U to the Convention Centre/Arena, Saturday Market and Lloyd Mall. There's also a Macy's right downstairs and Courthouse Square across the street. Needless to say, the rooms had pretty great views.
I also visited the Urban Farmer steakhouse. It was in an indoor courtyard in the middle of the building that was overlooked by balconies and windows from rooms that faced the interior of the hotel, which was a little odd. Service was great but I felt the food was overpriced for what I got. Still, it discouraged me from trying out the Departures restaurant o the top floor.
Don't want to end on a sour note, so I want to emphasise that I had an excellent experience.
- Also Known As:
- The Nines, Portland Hotel Portland
- The Nines, Portland Hotel
- The Nines Hotel Portland
- The Nines Portland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A downtown luxury hotel, The Nines, Portland hotel offers a boutique experience in the Pacific Northwest. Located next to Pioneer Square, we're the perfect starting point for your explorations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Venere, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your The Nines, Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.