“Rave reviews not quite true” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #35 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Rave reviews not quite true”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My first time at this hotel. The weather is hot out and the second story hallway feels like a sauna with the heat going instead of air conditioning. Room is ok but has funny odor to it. The pool is chilly and looks as if it needs cleaning and the whirlpool was not working at all. I am disappointed after the good reviews I had read and will try other hotels before I come back here. The "beautiful lake" the hotel overlooks is more like a sad dirty pond. I would say the reviews are definitely different from my experience.

• Stayed September 2012
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear linljk,
I'm sorry to hear that your experience did not live up to our reputation, for that I apologize. We strive to exceed our guests expectation. I hope that you would reconsider you decision about future stays here in the Portland area.

Don Gibson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I went down to Portland to do some shopping. Decided to book here. I went to my room and a towel was left by the cleaning people. I went to front dest to alert them. Without provocation they upgraded my room to a suite. So there is no question whom I will be staying with when I go to Portland to see family or shop!! Oh and the biscuits and gravy is some of the best I have had!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
kevin m,

I'm sorry to hear about the towel in the room, but glad that the staff took care of you right away. Taking care of the customer is our #1 priority. We take great pride in our comments and reviews. Thank you for yours.

Benson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very nice hotel, free shuttle, room was lovely, sofa, coffee table, microwave, refrigerator, comfortable beds, cable, exercise room, indoor pool, free deluxe continental breakfast, free local calls. Tuesday evening Manager's reception, complimentary beer, wine, appetizers and live entertainment by "The Voice," of Frank Sinatra. Had a wonderful room on the fourth floor overlooking a river.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
sydette,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful review. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Vancouver, B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights while on a 1 week road trip. Booked based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor and wasn't disappointed. Check in was quick and efficient. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. They offer free shuttle to the airport, you can then use the Metro to go into downtown Portland. Breakfast was the usual offerings but it's filling and it wasn't crowded. Didn't catch the Frank Sinatra show on Tuesday night as I wasn't feeling well. I didn't use the gym but my friend said the equipment was fairly new and well maintained. Overall it's good value for the money and I would probably go back when I'm in Portland.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Techboy,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay here at the Clarion. We truly appreciate hearing from all our guests. It's unfortunate you missed out on our Tuesday night entertainment. John English puts on a great show. Hopefully you are feeling better.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

After a long flight we drove to the Clarion for a good nights sleep. We weren't disappointed. We were on the 4th floor and it was very quiet. The room was very clean. The young man at the front desk was very pleasant. He made a restaurant recommendation - the Shiloh Inn restaurant - and the food was wonderful! We are looking forward to staying at this Clarion again before our flight home.

Room Tip: Bathrooms have separate makeup mirrors for those who can not see to put on makeup or shave.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
potteryone,

I just wanted to say thank you for your recent review of your stay here at the Clarion. We appreciate all comments but especially love the great ones!

Don GIbson
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My stay here was enjoyable but there really was nothing that stuck out in my mind in regards to the staff, rooms or maid service. I slept ok the beds were comfortable but again not much that will stick in my mind. It was a clean place no complaints there, but how the place is presented maybe needs to be a little more comfortable i dint feel as though i was home for the night. I know its not home but that is what is suppose to feel like for the night

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
aj c,
I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not a memorable experience. We do our best to deliver service that leaves a lasting impression on our guests. Hopefully your next visit with us will leave a more lasting impression with you.

Don Gibosn
Richland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We had wonderful customer service at the front desk, Jeffrey was handling about 6 things at a time and still managed to check us in quickly and proficiently. The rooms are spacious, clean and are easy to work in with all the lighting and outlets. Maid service is excellent and the free breakfast is bountiful with lots of variety. The pool is clean and towels are provided in the pool area. Comfortable beds and great air conditioning made our visit here very relaxing, as it was in the 90's outside.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
glamping51,

Thank you for that wonderful account of your stay with us. I do enjoy reading reviews that point out the specific employees and the things they do. Jeff is an asset here at the Clarion and we appreciate all that he does. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Don Gibson

Been to Clarion Hotel Portland Airport? Share your experiences!