“great ammeniteis when things work .” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #50 of 133 Hotels in Portland
kenai
“great ammeniteis when things work .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

big room lots of space in room , thank you mike for the upgrde to top floor . there is some weird clang on the 3rd floor when the elevator goes down ,weird. the tv quit working more than once and the pay movies may have worked on the first day but the system quit because of over heating really portland is always that warm in summer or every summer ive been there.
big stain on carpet in front of bath room. loved the steam room im sure it help heal me vaca is hard.
was givin some discount cards for their resteraunt but they would only let us use them if we ate in the resteraunt, we tried to explain it was our anniversary and could we walk down and get it and bring it to the room and get the 10 % off . no was the only answer they had ,we ordered any way and brought it to our room food was not good . try famous daves at cascade station the mall the shuttel will bring you to .shuttel service was great we were there 5 days and took the max to town every day and took the shuttel to the max and back daily never a problem.
but for all the problems i never heard a noise at night the bed was xtra cumfy. but on the 3rd day the maid started coming at 9 am to early use youre do not disturb card at this hotel unless you like early maid service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

They're apparently in the process of updating the rooms. My parents' room had newer furniture and a television from this decade. But my room had furniture and electronics from the 1980s. Both rooms had horrid bedspreads - they need to get rid of bedspreads all together and put something on the bed that you know will get cleaned more often. Oddly, there's a television in the bathroom (that's one remote I won't touch!!) that is a true relic of the past. All around the hotel there is etched glass and mirrors with roses all over them, which reminds me of my grandmother (not in a loving way, but in a dated way). But the staff were friendly and overall our stay was pleasant.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear IvySue,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay that Shilo Inn Portland Airport. You are correct, we are in the process of updating our property and hope to be finished soon. Part of our update will be to replace all the bedspreads with a top cover that does get washed daily. Several of the rooms have already been completed. We hope to be completed by your next stay. I sincerely appreciated your comments on the staff being friendly and I will make sure and pass on your review to our staff.

Best Regards,

Covington, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and in laws stayed the end of May for the Rock n' Roll Portland Marathon and stayed out by the airport. Everything was great except when we needed maintence to come to our room since the toliet clogged. We waited almost 2 hours before maintence came and that was after the front desk saw a plunger that my mother in law bought. Although the service was a bit disappointing, we saved over $100.00 for not being in downtown Portland.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear MrsJRussell,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent experience at the Shilo Inn Portland Airport Suites. I was terribly disappointed to hear of your experience with our maintenance staff and want to offer my sincere apologies. I assure you I will follow up and find out what happened and why there was such a delay in responding to your situation. I appreciate you letting me know. I was happy to hear that the rest of your experience was pleasant and we sincerely hope to see you back in the near future.

Zellwood, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

You really are only paying for the location at this hotel.

Our family (husband, wife, three children) fly into Portland and arrive at the hotel at 11:30 PM.

Con #1) We had reserved a roll-away bed ($15 charge) and of course the bed was not already in our room. We waited almost an hour for it to arrive at our door. Now it is about 1:00 AM in the morning. Also the wheel kept falling off the bed. Of course they had no problem keeping the $15.

Con #2) Counting issues. They knew we had 5 people in our room. We only had three towels and two cups in our room. HOW HARD IS IT to see that there is going to be 5 people in our room and then ACTUALLY account for that?

Con #4) Old decor. Pealing wallpaper in the lobby, carpet coming up, dated furniture. Our kids told it smelt like an olds person house.

Con #5) Maintenance Issues. Water was dripping from the sprinkler system from the ceiling. The A/C was not cool at all. The sink was extremely slow to drain. The hot and cold in the shower was backwards.

Con #6) Stupidity Issues. At 7:40 AM the housekeeper knocks on our door, waits 3 seconds, and then come in!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Pro #1: Continental breakfast was good. There was definitely not enough dining space for people to eat.

Pro #2: Fairly Clean room.

Pro #3: Free Wi-Fi

Overall: Keep looking around. There has to be something better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear mmbaker,

Thank you for using TripAdvisor to let me know of your recent experience at the Portland Airport Shilo Inn. I was very distraught to hear of your experience and your points are well taken. You are absolutely correct, the rollaway should have already been in your room and the room supplied with the corresponding amount of the towels and other supplies needed for your room. I assure you that we will address these deficiencies and make the necessary corrections. Please feel free to contact me personally at 503-252-7500 if you would like to discuss this further.
Again, my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered.

Sunnyside, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Hotel rooms were a little date but great in size and had seperate sitting and dining areas which i appreciate when you are traveling with children. The room also had a total of 3 tv's which was nice. the complimentary breakfast that you get was the best part, all of family was full. staff at that hotel and in the restaurant area were just always so nice. i would stay there again when visiting portland, the pool was large also. the only downfall was that there was an earing the hot tub that my son had stepped on while in there. Hotel staff was advised and helpful, but it never should have been there in the first place, i asked them to get the maintenance staff down there immediately to clean it out so it wouldnt happen again, but it really could have been a lot worse than it was.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear wrestle1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with other travelers on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments on the staff and will make sure your comments are shared with them. I am sincerely sorry about the earring in the hot tub and was glad that I had the chance to visit with you regarding the incident prior to your departure and that your son was okay. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed just one out of the two we booked. Thankfully expedia gave us our refund and the hotel said it was okay to cancel our second reservation. The hotel is quite dated not really my liking but it was a good. It was soo quite even though it seemed very busy and it's close to the airport. Would recommend it if your not picky but if your looking for something to do around it I would choose closer in towards downtown, not too much around other then a few restaurants and other hotels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear raspberryd,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Shilo Inn Suites-Portland Oregon. We are pleased that you found your accommodations “comfy and quiet”. We are in the process of updating the hotel and hope that on your next visit your stay will be even better!

Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

we stayed here after a lonf flight from Wahsington DC and it was great! I was concerned that being so close to the airport might be a little noisy but we might have been out in the wood somewhere for all the noise we heard. The staff was wonderful and very friendly and the breakfast was great. They even had a person there to make cappuccinos and mochas for us. Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Thank you for a wonderful time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear trvlinfam,

Thank you for a wonderful review of the Shilo Inn Portland Airport! It is such a positive reinforcement to our entire stay when guest’s let us know that they enjoyed their stay. I will share your comments at our next staff meeting!. Thank you again.

Tim Laib, CHA

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport? Share your experiences!