Ariving into Portland and being directed by the sat nav to the industrial sector was a bit of a shock. Arriving at the hotel which sits opposite what looks looks like a cement works did nothing to alleviate our worries.
On arrival the staff were more than helpful and quickly directed us to the local eateries and bars of which there are many. Park up,unpack and head for 23rd Street. The run up to Burnside is full of independent coffee shops, bars, restaurants and shops that cater for every taste. For an edgier scene 21st street is the place to head.
The hotel itself is OK. Not as polished as its sister hotel in Seattle but well worth a vist. We always judge a place by the 'would we go back' test and we would certainly go back to this one. Portland downtown wasn't that impressive but 23rd street could keep us busy for days and the Solver Cloud is arrest base for it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique hotel is completely upgraded from the carpet up! Brand New furnishings, lamps, microwaves and refridgerators in every room, and now 42 inch Plasma TVs in every room! Hotel is 100% non smoking and walking distance to over 50 restaurants in Nob Hill/Trendy NW 23rd Avenue. An Excellent value and still free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn NW Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn Nw Portland Hotel Portland
- Silver Cloud Hotel Portland Downtown