“Fun, Fancy, and Convenient!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   729 SW 15th Avenue, Portland, OR 97205   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 132 hotels in Portland
New York City, New York
“Fun, Fancy, and Convenient!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent 6 days in Portland and spent the majority staying at the Hotel deLuxe downtown. The hotel was just beautiful, and the staff was accommodating, friendly and attentive. When we arrived our room was still being prepared (and we arrived before check-in time, so no fault of the hotel), the folks at the front desk gave us two vouchers for food/drink at the hotel bar and restaurant! Nice! The location was great for catching the MAX or any number of city buses, as well as a couple rental car places within a few blocks. We left the city mid-stay to visit Cannon Beach, so we ended up staying in two separate rooms during our stay.
The first room was a cozy corner king deluxe room on the 7th.floor. We LOVED this room. It was small and comfortable, with lots of character and a beautiful corner view. The room made great use of the space with a really lovely bathroom and spacious closet. The second time around we ended up being, quite generously, upgraded to their "honeymoon" suite aptly named the Round Room for the round bed! Hah! This room was honestly not our favorite as it was way too large for our needs and the layout was a little awkward. The room was long and rectangular with the room entrance at one end and the bathroom at the other, leaving a sort of vast empty space in between. The round bed was understandably a little awkward hah, and was just smushed by the door with little room for bedside tables. It wasn't very romantic in my opinion but we got a good laugh out of it!
Overall, beautiful rooms and decor, and that first room was a gem. Really lovely, kind staff. Very friendly and gave great recommendations for transportation, parking, and food.
When booking, definitely request a high floor for the view. A corner room, even better!

Room Tip: ask for a high floor, corner room if you can get it!

1,027 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a great stay at Hotel deLuxe. It was within walking distance of all that we wanted to see in town and the front staff was helpful in making sure we got the most of our visit to Portland.

The room itself was pretty, and I loved the old Hollywood touches in the lobby. Loved the details! I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

had a lovely time at deluxe, the rooms are probably small for American standards but its very reasonable for european standard. the rooms are very clean and very comfortable. its 10 mins walk to downtown. Food at Gracies is excellent. will return

Room Tip: dont think there is a pool but there is a small fitness centre
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Rooms were lovely although walls were a bit thin and there were weddings nightly. Walking distance to most of what we wanted, and free pedicab also provided just in case! I would definitely go again.

• Stayed July 2013
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Hotel Deluxe. The atmosphere is beautiful, the staff great. Beds are incredibly comfortable plus it is walking distance to downtown, Pearl District and Alphabet District.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed in the Hotel deluxe for work this last week. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the restaurant was delicious (try the bread pudding French toast). I loved the old movie theme and I thought they did a great job incorporating it throughout the entire hotel. What I didn't love was the actual room. My room was tiny (though other people and my group said they had nice spacious rooms). In my room you had to squeeze to get between the bed and the dresser. I didn't find the bed very comfortable and I had a tough time sleeping. My biggest complaint is that there was no shelf room in the bathroom. I ended up putting my makeup in the sink to get ready in the morning. These are all minor annoyances and nothing that you can't handle. Over all it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to share you experience with us. Our staff is always very pleased to receive such wonderful compliments. I appreciate your candid feedback and assure you that we will take the necessary steps to correct your concerns.
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in July and loved everything about this hotel. I researched all the hotels in Portland and read a million reviews and am so glad i picked this one! It is so beautiful, elegant and classy from the crystal doors when you enter to the old-hollywood glamorous lobby to the historic elevator to the rooms. Some reviewers have complained about the small rooms, but it is a historic hotel so of course they are small...that is what make the hotel charming. The rooms are very nice...comfortable beds, gorgeous drapes, great towels, nice classic bathroom. But the SERVICE is the thing! Everyone was so incredibly nice, knowledgeable and helpful. The staff went out of their way to make our stay so enjoyable. One of the staff even helped me retrieve my mixed up luggage mishap...way above and beyond any service I have experienced (and i have travelled quite a bit and stayed in some 5 star hotels.) Stay here...you won't regret it. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe king on seventh floor and it was very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are so glad to hear you were pleased with your stay at Hotel deluxe. Your positive feedback is most valuable to us. Our staff will be thrilled to hear they exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Hotel deLuxe? Share your experiences!