“Fabulous Boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 133 hotels in Portland
canada
“Fabulous Boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great, great accommodation in Portland. Central to everything - we walked to dinner each night. The staff were beyond accommodating and helpful with directions and dinner recommendations. We became friends with them by the end of our trip :)

The rooms were clean, and fun with a dominant "film" theme throughout - we had Casablanca.

I would highly recommend.

The only down fall was the high cost of parking (valet - which was merely across the street).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad to hear you were able to have an enjoyable stay with us. We strive to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible and are delighted to hear your every need was taken care of. We look forward to welcoming you back to your return in the near future.

1,032 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel deLuxe is located southwest of downtown Portland, near a Tri-Met red line stop. It has a classic Hollywood movie theme, with framed stills of famous scenes and actors adorning the walls throughout the hotel. The building is older, but the rooms have been updated and are very comfortable. All the hotel staff I encountered were very helpful. There are numerous restaurants, bars and coffee houses all within walking distance. The Driftwood Room at the deLuxe has friendly and talented bartenders that are very attentive and a good happy hour from 4 to 6:30, that picks up again at 9:30. The only drawback is that it is really, really dark in there; so dark that patrons and even staff (at times) were tripping over unseen objects in their paths. Overall, a good stay in a convenient location. Will return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are so glad to hear you were pleased with your stay at Hotel deLuxe and enjoyed our centralized location.We are also glad to hear you enjoyed our theme. We have over 400 curated photos throughout the public areas and guestrooms. It can be very fasinating those with an interest in classic Hollywood. The Driftwood Room is a classic 1950's bar, restored to its original state. Part of the creating the atmoshere of a classic cocktail bar is the low light. We do have small flashlights available for reading menus, as needed. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife, son (16) and myself were travelling to PDX and had rooms at the deLuxe. I arrived a day early and they had us in a room with one queen bed; not quite what we needed. They did a great job getting us a new suite that allowed us all to sleep comfortably. Generally, the staffing was outstanding - all very helpful and friendly. The hotel itself is very cool - strong retro feel with what my wife called Renovation Hardware Plus fixtures. An older hotel, but not at all dated. Love the Aveda bath supplies! Only complaint is that the rooms are noisy. We could hear the dog down the hall; the bathrooms from the people on either side of us and above us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share you experience. We are glad to hear that oveall you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible and make every effort to address issues as they arise. Noisy neighbors can be bothersome and we are always happy to move rooms in order to find one our guests are most comfortable in. We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Portland. I have made a note of your preference for a quiet room, and will make sure we take care of this during you next visit.

Regards,
Buckley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel deLuxe Portland during a business trip. I was thrilled at how modern & comfortable the room felt; it felt like a loft apartment instead of a hotel room. I had a corner unit which was flooded with natural light by banks of HUGE windows. The decor was contemporary; the room was spacious and clean and had a HUGE walk in closet - something you don't typically find in hotel, let alone a classic old building! The view from my room wasn't so great (2nd floor looked onto the roof of a different building) but that was to be expected by the price point I paid (basic room). The window treatments allowed for bright filtered light, so the view was no problem at all. This was by far the nicest "basic room" I've ever stayed in - and I stay in a lot of hotels! The food at the restaurant was very good quality with a diverse menu.

Room Tip: Corner room - spacious & tons of natural light. Higher floors have better views, but cost more.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
bandon oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel forever. When it was the Mallory and run the masons it was camp with the twenties furniture and the single beds. The movie theme is great as I am a film buff. Room size varies . Get the bigger rooms Spend the money and live. Rooms are perfectly clean. The driftwood lounge is the place to be after hours. Breakfast is always perfect. I always hate to leave and tell the valet to get my car. Can I stay another night go to powells and have another night cap at the driftwood please?

Room Tip: Get a room on the south east corner for perfect sunrises!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This place is great. From the moment we checked in Maddie and the girls at reception took care of us. The bartender was cool, gave us great advice on places to go and fixed a mean drink. The location was perfect (right off the red line). I had a corner room and and for a couple of mornings i know i had the best view in the city. Thanks Hotel Deluxe and Portland for an unforgettable trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
West Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

From the time the valet took my car to check out the service was impeccable. This was a business trip and I didn't check in until 10PM and checked out early at 6AM. The hotel room itself was clean although a tad bit small. I had a room with no breathtaking view but that didn't matter too much since I really just needed a nice place to sleep. The bed was comfortable with great quality linens. I ended up leaving my iphone charger and called the hotel several days later to see if they would be able to send it to me in Seattle. The house keeping manager called to verify the address and it arrived to my home within a week.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hotel deLuxe? Share your experiences!