“Perfect!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hood River, Oregon
“Perfect!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This hotel room was in a great location but more importantly it was quiet and comfortable! Great valet service with pleasant happy personnel! The front desk was awesome and accommodating. My room was clean and the room coffee was Starbucks! I stayed on the 8th floor and did not hear any noise (and I am a very light sleeper). In the early evening there is complementary wine tasting and teas for the non-drinker. I had a car but it is easy to use and get around Portland on the Light-rail (public transportation right from the PDX airport to this hotel area). Also great free wifi if you are a loyalty member! Perfect!!!

Room Tip: Higher floor and not overlooking the street if you like it quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ScottCongdon, AGM at Hotel Vintage Plaza - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Hi Flosser2014,

That title is exactly what we are going for with every guest stay- perfect! So glad you had a great time here and enjoyed the quiet. Don't be a stranger- we will be expecting you soon.

Scott Congdon, AGM,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We picked the Vintage Plaza because it was well situated in the downtown area. Spent a long weekend in Portland which started off with a 1 hour bike ride with the General Manager, called ‘Bike with Burkett’. The hotel provided the bikes and we saw some nice sites down by the river. When we got back, there was a wine happy hour. Something I learned they do at all the Kimpton hotels. While on the ride we got a great recommendation to some wineries that we visited on Friday. Saturday, we walked to the Farmer’s Market, one of the best I’ve seen. The next couple of days were spent going on urban hikes and visiting the Pearl District, taking in the good food and coffee. A great local music venue called Mississippi Studios was a short cab ride away. The hotel had a nice feel, the restaurant there was very good and the staff helpful. My first visit to a Kimpton Hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

Green Features: Had an option to forgo maid service for a hotel credit. Kimpton apparently has many other good practices.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ScottCongdon, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Vintage Plaza - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Hi Nico F,

Thank you for coming to stay with us here at the Vintage Plaza. I am so glad you guys had such a great time here in Portland. I really appreciate your kind comments about the hotel and restaurant. You will have to come back soon for another adventure!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Just got back from a recent business trip to Portland, so I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. This hotel is in a great location if you want to take advantage of downtown eateries and shopping.

Perks:

* Free Coffee in the A.M. (although I didn't care for the blend they served)
* Bikes in the Lobby that you can use, and I did see a sign that once a week the Manager of the hotel takes people out on a bike tour of the city.
* You can get a free $5 credit in the bakery if you hang a sign on your door and have them skip the room cleaning (however, you cannot do this every night)
* There was some kind of happy hour/wine tasting one of the nights in the Lobby, but I actually didn't have time to stop since we were leaving for dinner.

The room was okay, but I found the bed a bit uncomfortable for my taste, and all of the pillows in my room were way to soft - would have preferred a little more variety there.

Doormen/Bellmen are super helpful and polite. I ate breakfast and dinner in the attached restaurant, and I thought the food was decent, but nothing special. If you want breakfast, save some money and go directly into the bakery to get your muffins and pastries.

Be aware that I saw dogs in this hotel, so if you have allergies you might want to factor that in.

Green Features: I was surprised I didn't see any signs to put on the bed or some instructions about where to put towels that we wanted changed - would have been more helpful to provide instructions about what we were supposed to do to conserve water.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SandyGM2013, General Manager at Hotel Vintage Plaza - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Goldoftime;
Loved reading your detailed review of all the perks you loved and some great constructive feedback to make your stay more fabulous in the future. Our Karma is good, if you let us know a head of time, that you prefer feathers or foam for your pillows, have allergies etc. We actually have hypo allergetic rooms with no feathers, never a pet and other conveniences for those that are sensitive (like me!) Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to enhancing your next visit as well. Enjoy the journey, Sandy Burkett, GM
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The best bit of this hotel were the staff! Excellent service, helpful and fun to work with.
Location was good for the centre of downtown near Pioneer square.
The room was spacious and well appointed and comfortable.
I had a room with skylight rather than windows and if I had been staying longer, I would have changed the room but it was more than acceptable!

The Hotel's restaurant is excellent- Spasso

Room Tip: If light is important to you then check you have a room with windows rather then skylight. Higher...
Green Features: Yes... It was visible. And they had notices everywhere.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Short Break in Portland,
Hopefully next break it is longer! Thank you for the review of our ultra quiet skylight rooms. View... well, obviously not so much. But if you are a light sleeper, these are the rooms for you. When you return for the longer and luxurious stay here in our city, let us know and we will hook you up with a room with a view. Thanks again, your gracious feedback about our team was a pleasure to see! All the best, Sandy Burkett, GM
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Vintage Plaza having gone to Portland (for the first time) for a wedding. I can, without any hesitation, say that this was one of the best hotel stays we have ever experienced. No matter what time of the day we were always greeted with smiles by the staff. The room was well equipped and what we required was brought to us with minimum delay. The front desk staff all seem to have infinite patience when we needed their advice about transportation, stores etc. We have been seriously thinking of visiting Portland for a longer stay just so we can stay at the Vintage Plaza and be royally pampered! The food at the hotel restaurant - Pazzo - was excellent. All in all a great Hotel!

Room Tip: We preferred a quieter room and were, therefore, on the South side.
Green Features: It was very evident that this is, indeed an environmentally friendly establishment and we duly noted the many features that make it so.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ScottCongdon, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Vintage Plaza - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Hi Adrienne R,

Wow, what a great review! I am so glad you had such an awesome experience here at the Vintage Plaza. That is so sweet of you to write such a great review. I hope this isnt the last time we see you. Come back soon.

Cheers,

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We did a lot of research before booking and were disappointed that we didn't get the room we requested. We specifically asked for a non-pet floor but were assigned to the pet floor. After asking for another alternative, we were asked to wait for someone to show us, then basically forgotten until we reminded them.

In the end, the alternative was not nearly as nice and we did enjoy the room on the pet floor. Big beautiful windows, comfy beds, large bathroom and good location for shopping. Staff was friendly, just seems they need more people, or a better way to handle a crowd.

Stayed July 2014
Dear HappyTxTraveller,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Vintage Plaza. We appreciate the great review. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the room issues. I am glad that once settled you did enjoy your stay with us. I hope you have a chance to come back and see us soon.

Best Regards,

Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We enjoyed our overnight stay. The staff is very helpful answering questions of : How do I get to …? and what is the quickest route to…? they looked up phone numbers for us, printed our boarding passes, suggested we attend the Wine Hour, opened doors for us, greeted us each time we entered.

the wine hour is fantastic.
The only slight negative is that the exercise room is very small. 3 people in the room made it very crowded.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet. Bed was comfy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello SherryOConnor,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a very nice review of the Vintage Plaza. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and shared that on TripAdvisor. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the exercise room may have caused you. I appreciate the feedback. Have a great day and come back and see us soon.

Scott Congdon, AGM

Been to Hotel Vintage Plaza - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!