“Nice staff, stay was pleasant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality

You added Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality to your Saves list
Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 SW Morrison Street, Portland, OR 97204-3390 (Formerly Hotel Fifty) (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$30 Off per Night!
Ranked #46 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Cocoa, Florida
“Nice staff, stay was pleasant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel needs updating but the room was clean and pleasant. I did not bother with the gym because of the awful smell. New floor? Convenient to shopping, food and the rail. Nice view of Mt Hood one sunny day from a room on the river side.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good morning Miche S,
Thank you for your review. We have completed the remodel of our main floor, restaurant, and corridors. We are planning some exterior upgrades later this spring and a few in room items later this year. I hope you will return soon so you can experience the improvements.
Terry Hanley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great location, friendly staff, and very comfortable bedding! There isn't much more to be desired of a hotel, but Hotel Rose provides it and more. It has nice style and decor, a good restaurant and bar, and an awesome location (super close to all public transit and near downtown hot spots).

Only downside to be aware of is that there's a train across the river that is within earshot of the hotel. You can't hear the train, but if it blows it horn, you can definitely hear that. The hotel provides ear plugs in case it's bothersome, but it wasn't a big issue for me.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello Jasonm1a,
Thank you for your review from your most recent stay at Hotel Rose. We truly do value your feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and that you were able to try our new restaurant, Bottle + Kitchen. They do a fantastic job! I'm also happy that you like the remodel of our lobby, restaurant, and corridors. There is more to come on the exterior soon.
Thank you Jasonm1a. We hope your travels have you back in Portland very soon.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We wanted a quick getaway to explore Portland for a few days. Booked through a mega-search-deal site, and got Hotel Rose. We LOVED our stay here! I called to inquire about early check-in (which was quickly arranged) and mentioned it was my husband's birthday. We arrived around 2pm, greeted by friendly front desk staff, and made our way to our 5th floor waterfront view room! And to top it off, the staff had left a bottle of bubbles and a sweet treat with a birthday card. This is above and beyond service.

Definitely take advantage of the complimentary bikes if you can... the quick (<3 mi) route around the waterfront is a relaxing ride for all ages and a great way to be outside in the city. The yellow cruisers do stand out, but in a good way - a local asked to take a pic of the bikes because she thought they were cool!

Got a drink and dessert one night in the hotel restaurant - delish! Pretty good dining option right on site, and that's saying something for the foodie scene that is PDX.

Self parked for $15/night, easy peasy.

Only downsides is that a room with waterfront views also comes with noise (cars, boats, and the occasional train even). Hotel Rose thought ahead, and leaves you earplugs bedside, but those still didn't help me one night (my partner had no issue with the noise).

Good location is you're interested in NW / SW parts of the city. Take an easy <10min walk over the Morrison Street bridge and you're in SE (check out Hair of the Dog, and the ping pong bar!)

Would definitely stay again, and recommend!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Good afternoon JennyGWU09,
We are so pleased that you stayed with us while visiting Portland and appreciate your kind comments. I am also happy to hear that you were able to try our new restaurant Bottle + Kitchen. The place has great food, service, and a fun atmosphere. I'm glad your husband was surprised with the bubbles and sweat treat. Maybe you can come back down for YOUR birthday!
Thank you JennyGWU09. We hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked this on Hotwire. I knew we weren't going to spend a ton of time in our hotel, and just really needed a place to lay down at night. This was better than I expected and ended up coming back for the last night of our Oregon Trip. They use refillable dispensers attached to the wall for all their toiletries. Which probably saves them some money and makes the price better overall. Pretty smart and efficient. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms clean. They are using a new linen package that only includes a down comforter. No flat sheet. That got too hot for me, and then I was cold and just sleeping with the spare blanket in the closet. So that wasn't ideal for me I like having a flat sheet, but it wasn't a big deal. My kids liked the free cupcakes in the lobby. There was no noise at all between rooms. Although our second stay we had a view of the river. It was beautiful but noisier. They did leave a set of earplugs on the bedside table. The staff was gracious and really friendly and charming to my kids. Parking was easy. We walked everywhere and took public transit. It is a great location near lots of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Hello mesheree1,
Thank you for your very kind review. I was so pleased that you had such a nice time while visiting Portland, and thank you for returning to Hotel Rose on your trip back through town. I am pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location, comfortable beds, complimentary afternoon cupcakes and coffee, and our Tommy Bahama bath amenities. Please come back and see us soon.
Thank you mesheree1.
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good location however being close the the parkway, river and train made it a little on the noisy side. Bed was super comfortable, room was clean and well presented. Great price for what you get. Second stay at this place.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Hello BlackTruffle,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that our location worked out well for you and that you enjoyed our super comfortable bed and guest room. Hopefully next time you can try our new restaurant Bottle +Kitchen. I know you won't be disappointed.
Thanks BlackTruffle. Please come back and see us soon.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was great -- small but clean room. Great staff. The hotel restaurant is really good; stop by for happy hour. The only drawback is the noise -- traffic really doesn't ever stop and there isn't much sound proofing...

Good morning Sheeners_views,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room, our great team of hospitality professionals, and that you experienced our new restaurant Bottle + Kitchen. Our food and beverage group does a fantastic job there. Please note that we do have several room options available that are less sensitive to the street noise associated with being a downtown property and would recommend those rooms for your next visit. I would be more than happy to discuss these options with you if you like. My e-mail is thanley@hotelroseportland.com.
Thank you Sheeners_views. We hope to see you back in Portland very soon.
Naperville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is absolutely incredible! I have stayed at hotels like the Brown Palace in Denver and the Fairmont on Nob Hill in SFO and I am pretty picky about where I stay. The HOTEL ROSE did not disappoint!! The staff was incredibly warm and welcoming upon our arrival-especially Jasmine M. I was pretty stressed out from life when we arrived for our long weekend in Portland and Jasmine M at the front desk was able to upgrade my room to an AMAZING room (505) with an incredible view of the Willamette River. A totally modern and upgraded room with an shower beyond belief - the large wingback chair was great to sit in and take in the sights along the river. The location of the hotel is perfect! You can walk anywhere, rent a bicycle or take advantage of the sophisticated transportation system which is steps away from the hotel. Will definitely return again - although not soon enough for me.

Room Tip: Room 505 - you won't be disappointed !!