“Good Bargain” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality

You added Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality to your Saves list
Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 SW Morrison Street, Portland, OR 97204-3390 (Formerly Hotel Fifty) (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$30 Off per Night!
Ranked #46 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Salem, Oregon
“Good Bargain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Good location however being close the the parkway, river and train made it a little on the noisy side. Bed was super comfortable, room was clean and well presented. Great price for what you get. Second stay at this place.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, yesterday
Hello BlackTruffle,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that our location worked out well for you and that you enjoyed our super comfortable bed and guest room. Hopefully next time you can try our new restaurant Bottle +Kitchen. I know you won't be disappointed.
Thanks BlackTruffle. Please come back and see us soon.
Terry Hanley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel was great -- small but clean room. Great staff. The hotel restaurant is really good; stop by for happy hour. The only drawback is the noise -- traffic really doesn't ever stop and there isn't much sound proofing...

Good morning Sheeners_views,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room, our great team of hospitality professionals, and that you experienced our new restaurant Bottle + Kitchen. Our food and beverage group does a fantastic job there. Please note that we do have several room options available that are less sensitive to the street noise associated with being a downtown property and would recommend those rooms for your next visit. I would be more than happy to discuss these options with you if you like. My e-mail is thanley@hotelroseportland.com.
Thank you Sheeners_views. We hope to see you back in Portland very soon.
Naperville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel is absolutely incredible! I have stayed at hotels like the Brown Palace in Denver and the Fairmont on Nob Hill in SFO and I am pretty picky about where I stay. The HOTEL ROSE did not disappoint!! The staff was incredibly warm and welcoming upon our arrival-especially Jasmine M. I was pretty stressed out from life when we arrived for our long weekend in Portland and Jasmine M at the front desk was able to upgrade my room to an AMAZING room (505) with an incredible view of the Willamette River. A totally modern and upgraded room with an shower beyond belief - the large wingback chair was great to sit in and take in the sights along the river. The location of the hotel is perfect! You can walk anywhere, rent a bicycle or take advantage of the sophisticated transportation system which is steps away from the hotel. Will definitely return again - although not soon enough for me.

Room Tip: Room 505 - you won't be disappointed !!
Hello Lynne0503,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Hotel Rose. Your feedback is truly appreciated. I particularly enjoy reading about the positive experiences our team deliver on a daily basis so thank you for tell me about Jasmine. We will make sure she see's your comments. I'm happy that you enjoyed your comfortable room, complimentary bike rental program, and our great location. You will need to plan a return trip and check out the view from room 505 in the summer time. It is even more spectacular!
Thank you again Lynne0503.
West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There are fancier hotels, bigger hotels and much more expensive hotels in Portland but Hotel Rose has served us well for a second time. The location is excellent, an easy block to downtown and the tram car right outside the door. For the picky traveler you may not like the proximity of the tram as you hear the bell and rumble pretty frequently. Some rooms would have horrible view of a parking lot / wall and others would look out onto the river. What I like most about Hotel Rose aside from it's convenient location, is the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms combined with the friendliness of the staff. I would recommend the Rose to anyone looking for a hip, clean hotel with a great location.

Room Tip: Try and get a river view.
Good morning kpattison,
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to hear that Hotel Rose has become your home away from home while visiting Portland. Choosing the waterfront room was a great choice as the views from that side of the building are spectacular. Thank you for your comments about our team. I will definitely pass them on. I agree, our location can't be beat.
Thank you kpattison. Please come back and see us soon.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We called the hotel directly while driving down from Seattle. They matched the advertised rate on TripAdvisor and the call took less than 3 min. Great location, good parking options (seemed more reasonable priced than other comparable hotels). Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking river. There is considerable street noise at night. Two double beds was the only option for this family of 4 (I wish they had queens, but could see that wouldn't be feasible with the size of the room). Bathroom was tastefully upgraded with product dispensers by sink/shower. Tommy Bahama? ok. We don't have cable tv at home, so kids always look forward to some Animal Planet when we travel...but alas couldn't find it. Room service is an abbreviated menu from the restaurant. Very good and prompt. Dinner in the restaurant was also nice. Front desk was very helpful with information and advice. Would totally stay here again...though I LOVE trying out new hotels in Portland...so many boutique and unique options, right? Lastly, should have asked for the story behind the hotel name (HOTEL ROSE) and it's attachment to pineapples. They were everywhere!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Hello 4ChezDavis,
Thank you for your kind review. I was pleased to hear that you had such a nice time and that you were able to try our new restaurant, Bottle + Kitchen. We are very proud of our food and beverage team! Hotel Rose was named after The Rose City, which Portland is commonly referred to as. We are owned and managed by Pineapple Hospitality Company and the name "Pineapple" was chosen because the pineapple is the international symbol of hospitality. I hope I have answered your questions. Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. We hope to see you back at Hotel Rose very soon.
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my second trip to Portland and I booked through another site where I didn't know which hotel I was going to get - I was so pleased I got Hotel Rose! Its location is so conveniently close to shopping and with many restaurants within walking distance. It's also extremely close to the train over to Moda Centre, where we were going to watch the Blazers play the Celtics. We took advantage of their free bikes/helmets/locks and biked along the river, across bridges and back - so much fun! It was a great way to see Portland. The bed was really comfortable and the room was funky and well-equipped, even though only had a view of the parking lot. We enjoyed a few meals at the lounge and it was nice that you could take a bottle of wine up to the room. I highly recommend this hotel for solo travellers, couples, and friends. It's a boutique hotel with lots of character.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Kirsten T,
Thank you for your kind review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our great location, our complimentary bike program, and that you were able to try our new restaurant, Bottle + Kitchen. Everyone who tries it loves it!
I hope your travels has you back in town very soon.
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Location is walking distance to everything downtown. It's not smack in the middle but it was fine. We walked everywhere, never took the car out.

The rooms were nice & comfortable.

The staff was nice except the front desk guy embellished to us when he said our room is his favorite. Our room was on the second floor right next to the elevator with a view of the roof. There was foot traffic & vending machine noise late at night and early morning. It really didn't bother us though, it was more annoying he bragged about the room. *Dude, next time don't say anything.

Overall, the hotel was nice. I wouldn't mind staying again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon JenJSF,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Your feedback helps us improve for future guests and we appreciate that. We will definitely review your comments with our front desk team. I am pleased that you had a nice time in Portland and that you will stay with us again the next time you come to town.
Terry Hanley

Been to Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality? Share your experiences!