“Have yet to be disappointed with the Pineapple” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality

You added Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality to your Saves list
Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 SW Morrison Street, Portland, OR 97204-3390 (Formerly Hotel Fifty) (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$30 Off per Night!
Ranked #47 of 133 Hotels in Portland
West Kelowna, Canada
“Have yet to be disappointed with the Pineapple”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

There are fancier hotels, bigger hotels and much more expensive hotels in Portland but Hotel Rose has served us well for a second time. The location is excellent, an easy block to downtown and the tram car right outside the door. For the picky traveler you may not like the proximity of the tram as you hear the bell and rumble pretty frequently. Some rooms would have horrible view of a parking lot / wall and others would look out onto the river. What I like most about Hotel Rose aside from it's convenient location, is the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms combined with the friendliness of the staff. I would recommend the Rose to anyone looking for a hip, clean hotel with a great location.

Room Tip: Try and get a river view.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We called the hotel directly while driving down from Seattle. They matched the advertised rate on TripAdvisor and the call took less than 3 min. Great location, good parking options (seemed more reasonable priced than other comparable hotels). Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking river. There is considerable street noise at night. Two double beds was the only option for this family of 4 (I wish they had queens, but could see that wouldn't be feasible with the size of the room). Bathroom was tastefully upgraded with product dispensers by sink/shower. Tommy Bahama? ok. We don't have cable tv at home, so kids always look forward to some Animal Planet when we travel...but alas couldn't find it. Room service is an abbreviated menu from the restaurant. Very good and prompt. Dinner in the restaurant was also nice. Front desk was very helpful with information and advice. Would totally stay here again...though I LOVE trying out new hotels in Portland...so many boutique and unique options, right? Lastly, should have asked for the story behind the hotel name (HOTEL ROSE) and it's attachment to pineapples. They were everywhere!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my second trip to Portland and I booked through another site where I didn't know which hotel I was going to get - I was so pleased I got Hotel Rose! Its location is so conveniently close to shopping and with many restaurants within walking distance. It's also extremely close to the train over to Moda Centre, where we were going to watch the Blazers play the Celtics. We took advantage of their free bikes/helmets/locks and biked along the river, across bridges and back - so much fun! It was a great way to see Portland. The bed was really comfortable and the room was funky and well-equipped, even though only had a view of the parking lot. We enjoyed a few meals at the lounge and it was nice that you could take a bottle of wine up to the room. I highly recommend this hotel for solo travellers, couples, and friends. It's a boutique hotel with lots of character.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello Kirsten T,
Thank you for your kind review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our great location, our complimentary bike program, and that you were able to try our new restaurant, Bottle + Kitchen. Everyone who tries it loves it!
I hope your travels has you back in town very soon.
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Location is walking distance to everything downtown. It's not smack in the middle but it was fine. We walked everywhere, never took the car out.

The rooms were nice & comfortable.

The staff was nice except the front desk guy embellished to us when he said our room is his favorite. Our room was on the second floor right next to the elevator with a view of the roof. There was foot traffic & vending machine noise late at night and early morning. It really didn't bother us though, it was more annoying he bragged about the room. *Dude, next time don't say anything.

Overall, the hotel was nice. I wouldn't mind staying again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon JenJSF,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Your feedback helps us improve for future guests and we appreciate that. We will definitely review your comments with our front desk team. I am pleased that you had a nice time in Portland and that you will stay with us again the next time you come to town.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I arrived today on business at this hotel in a prepaid room which had been paid in advance by a major US corporation which has done business with this hotel for years, On arrival the hotel requested a personal credit card from me, which I normally do not give when on business trips. Even though the room was pre-paid the fromt desk clerk and manager refusedcto check us in unless we handed over our credit cards. Having been stung before at other hotels for incorrect charges I do not and am under no obligation to supply my personal card while at work. As a result we where not checked in and made to wait for 30 minutes before our corporation supplied their corporate credit card information. Bear in mind this was a prepaid room and the coporation I work for has purchased 1000s of rooms from this hotel over the last few so to refuse us a room which had been prepaid and to make us wait in my opinion is terrible customer service for an established business customer. So they get 1 star from me for the way this was handled.

Room Tip: Dont stay here if you wantvto keep your credit card information private
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Good afternoon Richard M,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. I do apologize that the industry standard of collecting a credit card or method of payment at check in was inconvenient for you. We will discuss this process and see where we can possible streamline this procedure.
Mercer Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I loved my room overlooking the river. The room was so nice I wish I had spent more time there. The bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was very friendly. WiFi was fast and free. TV was big and had lots of channels. First rate.

Room Tip: Ask for river view.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Robert K,
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our team of hospitality professionals, comfortable bed, and large flat screen HD TV. You will need to get another trip on your calendar so you can come back and enjoy the property more.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I only stayed here one night, but if I ever go back to Portland I will definitely stay here again. The location is amazing - there are tons of popular touristy sites within walking distance such as Powell's Book Store, Voodoo Doughnuts, and the block of food carts. The staff was over-the-top nice and accommodating. The valet guy drew out a route on a map showing me exactly how to get to everything I wanted to see. The bartender gave me an amazing suggestion to go to Multnomah Falls - which I did and was so grateful for. The hotel allowed me to check out late (free of charge) and let me keep my car there all day even though I had checked out. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Hello Megan I,
Thank you for your very nice review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time here and will pass on your great comments to our team. It sounds like you managed to keep busy during your short stay. There are so many fun things to do and see in Portland.
Please come back soon.
Terry Hanley

Been to Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality? Share your experiences!