“Perfect hospitality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality

Save Saved
You added Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality to your Saves list
Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 SW Morrison Street, Portland, OR 97204-3390 (Formerly Hotel Fifty) (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$30 Off per Night!
Ranked #60 of 132 hotels in Portland
“Perfect hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

we used 2 rooms for 3 persons and have been received as kings.
Clean rooms with efficient working bathrooms (showers) made our stay a pleasure.
From here we did visit some nice spots in Portland, like the Washington park with its Rosegarden and Japanese garden.
With the Blue metroline from the hotel it was a short distance to cover

• Stayed July 2014

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Hotel Rose (formerly Hotel 50) and loved it, the location, and the on-site staff. I had been seeking information prior to arrival, and was only able to get to their toll-free line. That staff told me that the hotel had no concierge who could help me plan activities, etc. Also said that the hotel didn't provide robes for guests. When we arrived the front desk staff was fabulous (was it Maurice?) in advising us on various tour options, making reservations and all the things that a concierge would otherwise do. But I wasn't given that option when talking with the toll-free staff. And there were nice robes in our rooms. There really needs to be more communication and the ability for guests to access the hotel staff. The facility was wonderful. Loved the eclectic feel of the decor. Lobby floor is a wonder. The new restaurant, Bottle + Kitchen was great - loved Caleb, our server there.

Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed the weekend at The Hotel Rose and would definitely return. We drove from Seattle, so had a car. Brenden, the valet, was quite helpful not only during our arrival but during our entire stay. The staff was exceedingly friendly, recommending restaurants nearby. The hotel is close to transit, and walking distance to the Portland Saturday Market, which was a treat. The Waterfront Park is just across the street and both days there were 5K runs going on, but not crowded or chaotic. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The tram ran right outside our window and we could hear it but it was not disruptive. Complimentary Keurig coffee and bottled water in the room. Individual bags of ice instead of a noisy ice machine. Tommy Bahama bath products in wall dispensers in the glass enclosed shower (I prefer this over the teeny bottles) and fluffy towels. We borrowed bikes and rode over the bridge to see the sunset and take photos of the night skyline (the purpose of our visit). I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Portland.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good morning HSimmelink,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you had such a great time! Thank you for your feedback on Brendens helpfullness along with the rest of the staff. I will definitely pass your comments on to them. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our great location, complimentary bottled water, Keurig coffee maker, our Tommy Bahama amenities and our complimentary bikes. I hope you will return soon so you can do it all over again.
Thank you HSimmelink.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I just returned home from a five night stay here. We'd definitely stay here on a return visit.

Easy check in at the front desk. Friendly staff. No problems leaving out luggage in storage for the day after checking out.

Friendly valet/door person. Having a cooler stocked with water by the door is a nice touch, especially during the 90+ degree heat spell.

Easy access from PDX via MAX. Also convenient to other MAX lines as well as buses for getting around town.

Our third floor room was very nice and the bed was comfortable. Nice bathroom and linens. Our room was at the end of the hallway. Very quiet. We heard the MAX and the occasional car honking outside our window. Not a big deal.

The only hiccup in our room was the room safe. The power wasn't on. It was repaired the next day.

All in, a great visit.

Hello Dave148,
Thank you for making Hotel Rose your home away from home while in Portland. We truly appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. I am happy that everything worked out so well for you and that you survived our mini heat wave. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and great location. We hope your travels have you back in Portland very soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I read the online reviews, but this this gem proved to be amazing. My kids are still raving about how nice the staff was.The beds were comfortable. The location was also really close for evening walks down the water or Voodoo Donuts. I wish I had not gotten a car, since the hotel has bikes and light rails is literally across the street. The staff did a great job accommodating our family which was no small feat. Everyone was really nice, and we felt quite welcome.

Room Tip: I picked off the street, and was quite happy. Parking lot was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Good morning Arcadia_Traveler,
Thank you for staying with us and for your very nice review. We pride ourselves on having a team of friendly helpful associates so your comments are well received. I was happy to hear you enjoyed our comfortable bed, great location, and complimentary bike program. Portland is such an easy city to get around.
Thank you Arcadia_Traveler. Come back and see us very soon.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location just opposite the waterfront but that does mean it's about 10 minute walk to the centre of town. The hotel tries to be a bit boutique and quirky and has some interesting decor. When I was there, the restaurant was closed for renovations so only a very limited room service was available so I can't comment on the food. Pluses - location, spacious rooms, reasonable internet connection. There is free bike rental, though the bikes are big old single gear cruisers - not much use for anything except a quick ride around the river.

The main reason for marking down was the proximity to the tram line - every time a tram went by, it was very noisy - trams run late into the night and start quite early. Parking was not cheap, though this seems to be the theme in Portland.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Good afternoon ynperth,
Thank you for your recently posted review. I'm happy you enjoyed our great location but disappointed you didn't get a chance to try our new restaurant that opened in early June, Bottle+Kitchen. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to Portland soon and you can give it a try then. It really is fantastic.
Thank you ynperth. We hope you return soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here to nights while on a vacation solo. This hotel has recently been remodeled and renamed (previously the Hotel Fifty). Absolutely perfect location right on the waterfront.

The staff is very helpful, particularly the valet (Brandon), who went out of his way to provide special treatment for my electric car. EVers note, they have 2 Blink chargers.

The room is a decent size, but not huge with a comfortable bed and a large flat screen TV. The coffee maker is a trendy Koenig. The decor is hipster modern that seemed strange to me at first, but now I like it.

The hotel has a pleasant looking restaurant & bar as well as room service, but I did not use them, so I cannot rate them.

I got a discounted room rate of $215 which was quite competitive for this time of year.

The only negative is some street noise, particularly from the street car. You could ask for a room on the other side. It did not bother me.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Hello bike12345,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. It sounds like your stay in Portland was enjoyable. I was happy to hear you liked our superb location, great room, and our team of hospitality experts, including Branden. I will pass your comments on to him! Just FYI, we were the first hotel in Oregon to have electric car charging stations so I'm pleased they were helpful.
Thanks bike12345. We hope to see you back in Portland very soon.
Terry Hanley

Been to Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality? Share your experiences!