“Best Choice for fun downtown stay and still make it to conference at Lloyd Center” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality

You added Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality to your Saves list
Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 SW Morrison Street, Portland, OR 97204-3390 (Formerly Hotel Fifty) (Downtown)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$30 Off per Night!
Ranked #45 of 133 Hotels in Portland
N Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights in March, staff was nicer than most, location was absolutely perfect for catching the Max to get to conference at Lloyd Center Doubletree, lots of shopping and restaurants nearby, best part though is the Cruiser bikes, we rode up and down both sides of the river, it was a blast. The room was nice, really enjoyed the Ipod docking station with the optional sounds of rain or birds etc. Restaurant was under renovation but food was great, (tomato bisque). I would love to go back. Got a great deal on Priceline, <$100.

Room Tip: Room facing the river, as high up as possible!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Good morning LErbb,
Thank you for your great reveiw of Hotel Rose. We truly do appreciate it.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed all the great amenites we have to offer, our ideal location, and our team of hospitality professionals. Portland has so many fun things to see and do and our location can't be beat.
Thank you again LErbb. We hope to see you back very soon.
Terry Hanley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is the third Pineapple Hospitality property I have stayed at. Disappointing from the start.I pulled up to be immediately "upsold" on baker parking because there are no handicap accessible parking spots to self park. I have not had this experience at the other properties. The property is under serious renovation. I booked a double queen and was placed in a double room. I asked for an accessible room. It turns out this hotel is not at all accessible. Staff was friendly enough. Might be with trying again in six months or a year, but for now it fails to meet the standards set at the other properties.

Room Tip: Waterfront has a great view, but traffic is very noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Good morning gpwhisperer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments are truley valued as they help us improve our services. I do apologize that we did not exceed your expectations while handling your parking needs. Your comments have been shared with our Front Office Manager and the valet parking team. We also appreciate your patience while we make improvements to our restaurant and lobby. It will be done very soon and is going to be spectacular.
Thank you again gpwhisperer. We hope to see you again soon.
University Place, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I'm guessing this is why I found this hotel on groupon. We are staying in the hotel rose for Wednesday night and Thursday night and was woken up bright and early to drilling directly below my room which sounded like it was coming through the floor. Being as I'm on vacation I was looking forward to sleeping in, but they allow construction and don't bother to tell the guests whom will hear it as and alarm clock. According to the front desk they allow construction during normal business hours (beginning at 9am sharp). This would have been something I would have found useful for them to inform me of about my stay. The girl at the front desk was helpful, yet did not empathize with my desire to sleep and I was told that construction is allowed during business hours and after a bit of a fuss, got the valet free for 2 days. I would rather sleep in for 2 days, but, seeing as I didn't even know I was going to be charged for the valet (which is thinly option available if you don't want to pay to park on the street) I will take the wake up over the extra fees.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Good evening Alex T,
Thank you for your comments from your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that our restaurant renovation impacted your stay. Our goal is to do the project the most effecient way with little or no impact to our guests. We thought a 9:00AM start would take care of any noise issues but obviously not, and I am sorry. We will definitately revisit this with our contractor next week. I hope you have the opportunity to return when it's all done as it will be a terrific space.
Thank you Alex T. We hope to see you back in Portland very soon.
Jacksonville, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

First plus? This small hotel has a great location. The front street riverfront with its beautiful walkway is on one side while the max line stops 1/2 a block away. Be sure to ask for a river view; however, ask for 3rd floor or higher as front street is noisy. The back side without the view is very quiet. The north side rooms have balconies that look over Morrison bridge on-ramp. Again, ask for upper floor. 2nd plus is the bar. Friendly and comfortable with a out of ordinary bar menu. If you want buffalo wings, walk a block to Rockport Brewery. Finally their complimentary breakfast was unexpectedly luxurious. Eggs Benedict ... Fruit... Pastries .. Bagels ... Lox... Oatmeal ... Etc. (not sure if this was because the river view restaurant was under construction?) The one drawback was the $20 parking fee. This location has seen many owners over the past 30 years. I've never had to pay for parking til now.

• Stayed February 2014
Good afternoon piratejani,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like you had a great time and took advantage of our fantastic location. I was also happy to hear you enjoyed breakfast and your bar experience. We are currently renovating the bistro so watch for our new Bottle + Kitchen that will be open in June. It's going to be very cool!
Thank you piratejani. I hope your travels brings you back very soon.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

First times staying with this hotel, stayed November 2-6th 2013. Had a some problems along the way, but Molly's service and her efforts to rectify these issues is what stood out in our overall experience. She made extra efforts to help us leave feeling that we had a positive overall experience. It was how her service and attitude stood out over the issues that would have me stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon rachel c,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback.
I apologize that you had some issues while you were here, but was happy to hear Molly was able to resolve them for you. She is one of our star associates.
It also pleases me that you will stay with us again. I know it will be an enjoyable time.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Just returned from our second stay at the Rose. So many pluses with this place: affordable, great location, friendly staff. Love the proximity to everything downtown. Portland is a walking town and having this place as your home base is perfect. The valets are the best. Nice, funny and super helpful.The $20 per day rate is probably one of the best in the city. Last time we stayed we had a fantastic breakfast in the restaurant as we looked out at the park and river across the street. The restaurant is under renovation so I look forward to enjoying that next time we stay. The manager of this hotel knows his stuff and takes care of his guests. Well done Rose, see you next time we're in Portland !

Room Tip: Request a high floor and corner if you can get it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Good afternoon tikalove,
Thank you for your fantastic comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are greatful for the feedback. I was pleased to hear you took advantage of our steller location, great valets, and very inexpensive parking. It is the best rate in town!
Watch for a new and improved Bottle + Kitchen restaurant and bar that will be ready to go in early June.
Thank you for staying with us tikalove. We hope you return very soon.
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was very impressed with Hotel Rose. The room rate was great, and when I arrived I received free self parking in a covered lot. The location was close to everything downtown, and we walked and walked. The train station was close, and we rode it to a Portland Timbers game, and also to the airport. The bathroom was spacious, and the Keurig in the room was greatly appreciated. Would stay again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Good afternoon soccerknitter,
Thank you for your most favourable comments regarding our hotel. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable time and was able to take advantage of our great location. Walking to almost everything downtown is so easy from our perfect location. I hope the right team won!
Go Timbers!
Terry Hanley

Been to Hotel Rose - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality? Share your experiences!