we had some LOUD neighbors. I realize that the hotel cannot fix this problem however the walls did seem awfully thin. We could even hear our neighbor peeing and the phone ringing at 230am (probably hotel staff telling them to quiet down). We stayed in room 433 and the room on the end was the loud one.
The hotel is beautiful. Our check in was excellent. The two gentlemen on staff greeted us warmly and the one with Spokane written on his tag even checked to see if our room was ready at 1pm instead of the 3pm check in time. They gave us a map of the downtown area and seemed very sincere in wanting us to ask them for help if we needed it. The room itself was very clean and the layout is great.
We ordered room service twice and both times the food arrived very quickly, they had all of our order and did not forget anything. They were kind, quick, and efficient. The price was average for hotel food but the quality was good.
Parking was interesting and a bit on the spendy side.
There was no complimentary wi-fi which was very inconvenient. We opted not to purchase it due to comments from previous posts.
The location is great. Right in the middle of everything. It was a quick walk to the different bakeries and chocolate shops. Voodoo Donuts is just next door. Pioneer square is a few blocks over. There are plenty of food trucks in a couple different locations. Powells was down a few blocks as well.
The only other downside was the girl at the front desk this morning. She did not seem to care about us and seemed bothered when we tried to ask a question. We asked about parking validation and she had no idea what we were talking about.
If there was a way to make the walls thicker and have a nicer person at the front desk in the morning, this would have been an amazing stay.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Portland - Downtown Hotel Portland
- Embassy Suites Portland - Downtown Hotel
- Embassy Suites Portland
- Portland Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Portland, the Historic Embassy Suites Portland -Downtown features large two-room guest suites and a well-known foyer adorned in grandeur and architectural beauty. Built in 1912, the building combines it's original classic style and features along with modern comfort. The hotel is within walking distance of tax-free shopping, restaurants, nightlife, Portland’s revered Voo-Doo doughnuts and Powell’s books. The hotel also offers a luxurious Jacuzzi and Indoor pool for you to warm up to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Portland - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.