This is the ONLY place I will stay in Portland with or without my kids. I have stayed at the Westin downtown, Hotel Monaco, the Marriot downtown, and Marriot waterfront. I have looked around the Lucia, Hotel Delux, The Benson, and a few others.
Portland is full of great hotels in great locations, but what the Embassy Suites has going for it that no other hotel in Portland can possibly compare to are huge suites, made to order omelettes and a great swimming pool. If you have kids, you know that in-house breakfast (included in price) is indispensable! My kids hardly feel like they are on vacation if there isn't a pool. In fact, if there is not hot tub, my husband feels shortchanged!
The breakfast is expansive; the breakfast room is a huge elaborate space with a fountain in the middle. The pool room includes two hot tubs and a sauna. The workout room is nice. We love the beautiful old lobby, which was updated a year or so ago. The rooms are sooooo spacious. There are two tvs, a bar area with great pod coffee makers with rainforest safe coffee, a super cold fridge, and a sink. There is a desk/dining table. We have ordered pizza on past stays.
I think my only complaint is that the walls are thin; there must have been a bachelorette party or something next door. I have never heard so many females roaring with laughter! Remember that the building is very old and bring a pair of earplugs, as they aren't provided.
As everyone always mentions, the location is superb. Get directions for taking the free light rail to Pioneer Plaza and a walking map for heading over to the Pearl District. Hit up the Sisters Coffee shop there, it's great.
Enjoy, it's our favorite nearby get away!!
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Portland - Downtown Hotel Portland
- Embassy Suites Portland - Downtown Hotel
- Embassy Suites Portland
- Portland Embassy Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Portland, the Historic Embassy Suites Portland -Downtown features large two-room guest suites and a well-known foyer adorned in grandeur and architectural beauty. Built in 1912, the building combines it's original classic style and features along with modern comfort. The hotel is within walking distance of tax-free shopping, restaurants, nightlife, Portland’s revered Voo-Doo doughnuts and Powell’s books. The hotel also offers a luxurious Jacuzzi and Indoor pool for you to warm up to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Portland - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.