“Decent Food at a Decent Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Roma Ristorante

Roma Ristorante
622 SW 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97205-2206 (Downtown)
503-241-2692
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Portland, Oregon
“Decent Food at a Decent Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Rave reviews by a friend brought us here for lunch. The prices are moderate, and the portions also moderate for lunch. not enough to take home leftovers, but for $10, it was fair. they start you off with waters and bread with oil/vinegar dipping. I ordered the spinach-ricotta ravioli with Bolognese sauce. it was tasty, but not the best Bolognese I've ever had. I like that they make their own pasta. my compadres had the crab-artichoke ravioli with lobster sauce, which is a pink sauce. they enjoyed it, and I would order this next time (or the carbonara)...I have to be in the mood for a cream sauce. if you order the dinner portion, which one person did so they could take home leftovers for sure, you get a little bit more pasta and also a nice green salad. the service was a highlight, attentive and pleasant and always there to refill water, pick up plates etc. I would go back here when in the area

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Newport, Oregon
“Always a Pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a great little family owned Italian restaurant. While Portland has a truly amazing food scene at every price point from food cart to ouch there is not a lot of good Italian food to be had. This is nothing creative or exotic, just southern Italian food carefully and reliably made from fresh ingredients and at remarkably low prices. All that and they are uniformly friendly and attentive. We have eaten here many times now, and I hate to offer a review because it is already a neighborhood secret and busy every night. So make a reservation and come. We have never been disappointed by our choices but I must single out the carpaccio which is one of the best renditions we have had anywhere ever. It's almost impossible for us to not at least share one at the beginning of the meal...unless we have one each. The wine list is short but reasonably selected and priced and they have a modest corkage fee and no attitude if you chose to bring your own. If you like homemade pasta welcome home.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rutland, Vermont
“GREAT LITTLE FAMILY OWNED RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel. We told them we wanted a "non-chain" restaurant and this one is perfect. It is small and the number of entries are limited but the food is home made and delicious. The prices are very reasonable and the portions are large. If you are looking for a local spot, this is it

Visited August 2013
medford, oregon
“What you're looking for...enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Took a lady client here on a Tuesday night; sat outside. Delightful setting and service. She had the Ahi (and shared, thankfully) while I had the lobster ravioli. Superb food and attentive service made this perfect for a business/social dinner. I'm sure this is the kind of place you're looking for...enjoy.

Visited August 2013
Tucson
“Pasta for the Gluten sensitive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I love Italian food but rarely go because of sensitivity to gluten. Roma has gluten free pasta - unfortunately only one kind, but it is corn based rather than rice which I think has much better flavor. Our party all had the seafood themed pasta dishes that featured great variety and a tasty sauce that did not overwhelm the other flavors. Service is very efficient but wonderfully gentle and overall environment is typical of the small restaurants one finds in Europe.

• Visited August 2013