“Great location, service and amenities - Hotel Modera has it all” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park for $1!
Ranked #19 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Seattle
“Great location, service and amenities - Hotel Modera has it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Took a family trip to Portland for the weekend ( children age 1 and 3) and enjoyed a very friendly, comfortable stay at Hotel Modera. The staff were great and very helpful with unloading, directions, and generally making us feel well taken care of. Room wasn't huge, but was extremely well appointed and had all kinds of little stylish extras that make this property stand out ( my 3 year old loved the doorbell!). We took the bus from right in front of the hotel for free to Pioneer Square and then hopped on light rail to Saturday Market, again at no cost. It was so convenient we absolutely loved it. When we needed to drive our car, the freeway on-ramp is only a block away and very easy. Overall a very enjoyable experience at Hotel Modera and definitely a place I would stay again when traveling to Portland.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Albany, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I rate this faclity at 4.5 - 5 stars! My family and I had an outstanding visit at Hotel Modera. We knew nothing about the hotel having discovered it on the web. Hotel Modera is an exceptional facility. It is beautifuly decorated and is one of the cleanest, most well maintained I have ever encountered. The rooms are well appointed, linens and beds could not have been more comfortable. The restuarant menu and food was great and the service fantastic. The lounge and outdoor area are perfect for relaxation and sharing a glass of wine. Although I attended with my family, I would gladly return for a weekend getaway with my husband. I would prefer to stay here over many of the 5 star facilities in Portland.

Napa, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

We visited Portland for the first time in mid June 2009 and made reservations for one night at the Hotel Modera. We mainly chose it for its location but gladly extended our visit one more day because of the overall experience in this well-designed hotel - the rooms are so inviting with well chosen modern furniture, the large windows are a plus and they even have a small section that you can open to let fresh air come into the room if you so desire which is a great feature. Loved the space and comfort of the main lobby area as well as the open courtyard with fire pits where you can sit and enjoy a meal and/or a drink. The Net Centro restaurant at the hotel offers the most delicious food that we have tasted in a long time. You can tell that everything the Hotel Modera has implemented or done is taking into consideration the comfort of their customers. The service by the staff in all areas is excellent. We truly experienced first-class customer service with details that you don't often find in chain hotels. We will definitely stay again there whenever we go back to Portland and will highly recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

I loved this hotel. Fresh and elegant with simple lines and striking art work. Comfortable rooms, friendly and knowledgable staff, great location. I look forward to my next opportunity to stay at this hotel.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

This hotel makes me think of one word: Swanky. If that's what you're looking for, this is definitely it! My boyfriend booked our room for 20 dollars less than expedia and all the rest wanted the morning of our stay on Modera's own website. Also, can pre-book valet online--I parked at the Smart Park on 1st and Jefferson and walked up to the hotel (8 dollars overnight on a Saturday to Sunday).
The lobby is simplistic and looks like an high-end Swedish furniture gallery, leading to black-clad hosts/hostesses that will check you in and issue you the all important room key that you must have in order to operate the elevator. Doors opening on the 4th floor, the first thing I noticed was the striped carpet. Immediately, I told my boyfriend this hotel was a bit swank for us but we should enjoy our romantic night in the big city. We stayed in room 440 which had an amazing view of the courtyard!
The only downside I can think of is that we could hear the girl next door screaming during sex. Honestly, I wasn't overly bothered by it but, it's something to be bear in mind that the walls probably aren't all that thick. And there are enough pillows on the bed you could always just put one over each ear and block everything out.
There was a set of extra towels in the bathroom so we didn't have to call down for more. There's a 2 cup coffee pot, with Tazo tea sachets and Wolfgang Puck coffee under the sink in the bathroom. The only improvement they could make would be to include sugar and creamer, as there was none in our room. There is also a hairdryer under the sink. Two robes are hanging in the closet and we used ours, and I really liked it--it's looks like a trench coat on the outside but it keeps you toasty.
The bath products are amazing!!! I almost asked for a second set just to bring back with me, although they do have ones for sale in the lobby. I loved the blood orange scent!!
So, bottom line, if you're looking for sleek, modern, absolutely completely hip then this is the place for you. I think it's a good hotel for metrosexuals, homosexuals, heteros, and the still hip baby boomers.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Palm Springs, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

I stayed here at the Hotel Modera on my birthday and everything was right from the get go. The valet staff were extremely polite but friendly as well (not that annoying stuffiness). The front desk made sure I was covered for my big day from dinner reservations, directions, movie suggestions and even a cool little local movie theater the "in the know" front desk clerks sent us to! The courtyard was absolutely lovely. An escape in the city! Beds were the most comfortable hotel beds one could ask for.. This place a TOPS!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

This was our second trip to Hotel Modera -- now we won't stay anywhere else. The lobby and private exterior courtyard are so inviting and comfortable, that I spent most of the day in the public areas!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Modera? Share your experiences!