“My Stay at Hotel Modera” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park for $1!
Ranked #19 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Henderson, Nevada
“My Stay at Hotel Modera”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at your hotel for over two weeks, March 25-April 10.The beds and bedding were especially comfortable.The staff was very friendly and responded quickly to my every request. My only disappointment was my lack of a view.I had especially asked for a view when I booked my stay.My view was of the parking garage across the street.Overall,I felt very pampered and I do look forward to going back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I wanted to treat ourselves and stay in an upscale boutique hotel for the first time, and this was a fantastic choice. The concierge and front desk staff were excellent. The lounge and patio were lovely and had great happy hour deals (like everywhere else in Portland). We loved relaxing outside by the fire with a beer after a day of sightseeing. The valet parking seemed a bit pricey, but it was so convenient to park our car at the hotel when we arrived and leave it parked the whole time we were there. Everything we wanted to do and see was in walking distance from the hotel. The room was small but very clean and very well appointed. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I'm a former Portland resident and I go back a couple times a year for work and/or pleasure. I've stayed at Hotel Modera a few times and I think that it's a great place for the cost. The staff really is exceptionally nice and helpful and the space is very stylish. It's easy walking distance from all the happenings downtown but removed enough that you get to go to bed at a smaller hotel in a relatively quiet neighborhood. The rooms are small and there's no gym on the property. I give the restaurant a good++ in a town with a lot of great food options. If you want a crazy level of luxury closer to the center of everything, the Nines is a better choice but you'll pay 2-3x as much. If you have a car and don't want to pay the valet charge, ask the front desk staff and they can tell you about parking options close to the hotel that are less expensive and just a short walk away.

Room Tip: Garden side has pretty view of fire pits on bar patio but can be noisy on weekends. Choose a City V...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Santa Fe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

...so some of the amenities were missing. Good reason to book directly instead of with a third party! Nonetheless, comfy beds and a great stay. Good value, too. The front desk staff were hugely helpful, provided some great recommendations in the neighborhood, and attitude-less. Nice. The adjacent restaurant patio was great for Happy Hour with fire pits to take the chill off.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Dear Hotel Modera:

The staff at your hotel was hands-down composed of the most efficient, friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable individuals we've ever encountered at any hotel or inn. The professionalism was beyond compare, and they each went out of their way to ensure that our first-time stay in Oregon was one that we can brag to friends for a long time to come.

Among the staff, Brennon particularly stood out to us as someone we wished we could place in each of the hotels we visit. When we blindly inquired about wine tours, not only did Brennon find out the best-rated ones for us, after asking what kinds of wines we were interested in/regions we wanted to visit, Brennon made several calls to obtain more information from the tour, handled the back and forth transactions, and reported back several times to us (once while we were eating lunch outside the hotel) to let us know the details of the tour in order to make an informed decision. There was no pushing or impatience, no general "here's a wine tour" cookie-cutter approach; Brennon was careful to listen to what we liked and what we were looking for. The tour turned out to be a great experience. Furthermore, Brennon followed up with us the very next day to ask what we thought about the tour, in order to "make sure [he] was recommending the right tour" for future guests in light of our feedback. This kind of meticulous hotel servicing style struck us as rare and ought to be followed by any hotel that takes themselves seriously.

Hotel Modera was a huge part of the reason our first visit to Portland was spectacular, and as it was part of my 30th birthday present to a special person, it made me look pretty good, too. Thank you greatly for providing such first-rate take care of us.

Two of many happy visitors

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Amerikaner im Schweiz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

First rate accommodations, comfortable Ed, ingenious closet storage and functional but small bathroom. Beautiful furnishings. Very quiet at night, but building engineering and housekeeping staffs can be readily heard through thin walls. Regardless, at night the place is as quiet as the inside of an empty cathedral. No city noise, either, creeps through the picture windows, even facing a busy downtown boulevard. Nel Centro, just off the beautiful lobby, is an added plus and an excellent restaurant.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Modera on your recent trip to Portland. I’m very happy to hear you found our accommodations to be comfortable and quiet. I’m also happy to hear you found the onsite restaurant, Nel Centro, also to your liking. Thank you for reviewing your stay. We hope to have you again soon.

Best Regards,
Desmond Mollendor
503.484.1084
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in a garden view room and it was very enjoyable. The staff was friendly and always asked if we needed any assistance. I'm not sure about the city view rooms but I know the garden view was pleasant to look at and the noise level was minimal (even with the restaurant only 3 floors below). Public transit was near by, we never had to walk more than a couple blocks to find the bus/streetcar/Max services we needed (buses and streetcar are right out front). The only criticism I offer is the $27/night parking. While we did not have a vehicle, it did persuade me not to get a rental car for half our trip because of the parking fee. It does have free valet though, so maybe those that do have a car will appreciate that. We also ordered breakfast room service from the hotel restaurant, Nel Centro and it was tasty and added to the experience at this hotel. I would stay again and recommend to friends.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Modera? Share your experiences!