“Wonderful Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Port Orchard, Washington
“Wonderful Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We loaded 3 couples in the Suburban and headed out for a weekend in Portland. The Hotel Modera did not disappoint. Upon arrival we were greeted by a great valet staff. They loaded up our belongings and we headed to check in. Each couple was taken care of by an attentive staff member, and our check in was smooth and flawless. The lobby has a minimalist modern decor which follows throughout the hotel.
Of course once in our rooms we all were pleased with the comfortable beds, and again a modern minimalist look to the room.
We quickly made it down to the bar where we sat outside by one of three rectangular fire pits. A three piece jazz band was just inside playing oh so mellow sounds.
The next day was filled with typical tourist activities being that much easier because the light rail ran right in front.
When visiting Portland again, I will strongly consider Hotel Modera.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Hotel Modera on your recent trip to Portland. I am happy to hear you were quickly registered and helped to your room, and that you found your guestroom comfortable and modern. I am also thrilled you were able to dine at Nel Centro and enjoy the jazz music.

Thank you again for staying with Hotel Modera! We look forward to having you with us again on your next trip to Portland!

503-484-1084

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I travel to Portland several times a year, usually for work. This last trip I went for a get-away, and was delighted to treat my fiance to a stay at the Hotel Modera. This has become my favorite "go to" hotel for business travel, but it feels like a special occasion place as well. As always my room was very comfortable and quiet, the staff and service was excellent and we even got to enjoy a perfect late night meal downstairs. It is a slick, urban style hotel with the feel of comfortable, small town charm. Nice to be just out of the hustle and bustle of main downtown core, but super close to everything you need by foot or transit. Already looking forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: Facing the courtyard is very nice! I love to green wall and fire pits.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I went to Portland to get outta the heat in summer. Stayed at the hotel Modera which was ultra modern, nice restaurant and courtyard. The rooms we a bit small, but nicely appointed. The location was in a business part of town so on the weekends not much was happening but the bus/shuttle system was excellent to get you to the river or to the more touristy part of town. On Saturday there is a great ( really great) farmers market very close to the hotel. The staff was really nice friendly. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Facing front courtyard is nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

In the heart of downtown Portland, the Hotel Modera is a comfortable hotel with nice amenities. The rooms are note huge but efficiently designed, comfortable, and well appointed. The rooms and the hotel are very clean! The food is delicous and their outdoor patio with oversized gas fire pits is a fun way to dine and visit. I've stayed at this hotel several times, for work and pleasure, and have always been impressed.

Room Tip: I've stayed on the court side and the "city view" side. I preferred the city view sid...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Hotel Modera on your recent trip to Portland and thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am happy to hear you found your guestroom comfortable and well appointed. We try to provide a luxurious and accommodating experience and I’m happy to hear you were impressed. Come back soon!

Carmichael, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Room was small but beautifully appointed. High end finishes in bath. Guest services staff were so pleasant and helpful. Onsite parking was a bit pricey, but oh so convenient. Didn't have to get wet in the Portland rain. However you can walk to just about everything downtown or take public transportation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Came for 4 nights for a conference - very comfortable beds (almost TOO soft), with the most amazing blackout curtains - pitch dark at 9AM! But it IS a city hotel and gets noisy around 6:30AM. The bathroom is nice and modern, but the floor is marble and gets VERY cold.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Yeah, it is what you think when I say "thin walls". I heard my newlywed friends next door. I was woken by the sound of someone using the bathroom above us at 3am. And the people to the other side of us had a great time laughing till about 2 am.
The decor was nice. The lobby was small and cold. Chairs were unconfortable. No complimentary coffee in the lobby at all - and the kitchen didn't open until 8am. Fine I suppose if your not an early riser. I was bummed. Big heavy door for the bathroom which doubles as a cloths closet door. Cool but strange. It's a nice location but not great.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you dont want people to hear you and your romantic escapades.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Modera. I am sorry to hear you encountered some noise transference during your stay. While we did our best to sound proof our guest rooms during renovation, beyond the fact that they are concrete, some noises may be heard depending on the persons or things making the noise. It was brought to my attention upon reading the Manager Report the morning after this event, that you had notified the front desk of your amorous neighbors, but declined both a room move and declined our offer to ask them to quiet down. Had you accepted either of these offers, your experience with noise transference would’ve been resolved.

Again I apologize you did not have the most restful sleep while you were with us. This is not usually the case and I would like to encourage you to give us another try.

503-484-1084

Been to Hotel Modera? Share your experiences!