“Will visit again and again” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian, Vegan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Will visit again and again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I love this neighborhood!! Great location, super comfy atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious food! As visiting Vegans we ate our way around Portland and Blossoming Lotus was in our top 3. I had the Crispy Thai Wrap and my husband had the Coconut Curry Tempeh Sandwich, neither of us wanted to share.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Died and went to vegan heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Oh my God, Blossoming Lotus, as a cynical New Yorker, I judged you so hard for your (kinda) corny name but I was so wrong. And I've never been so happy to be so wrong. We ended up here because we were starving and the hotel concierge recommended it as the best vegan place near by. My co-worker is on the Atkins diet and I prefer vegan food but she was willing to be a little "adventurous." Two bites into her Masala Bowl and she was hooked! I got the Southwest Bowl with soy curls and it was AMAAAAAAZINNNGGG. These soy curls are seriously unlike anything I've ever had before. And the mix of flavors in the bowl was so intense but so clean and fresh. I am drooling while typing this.
I'd give anything to have an East Coast version of this place because it is unbelievable!
Also try the coconut chai- delicious!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego
“I Can't Believe It's Vegan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I'd heard that vegan and raw food could be great, and although I like salad as much as the next person, I never would have imagined that I would walk away saying this is one of the most delicious and interesting meals I've ever had. Seriously. We went at happy hour, which is the perfect way to try a variety of dishes that are offered at the Blossoming Lotus. Everything we ordered was delicious. The tastes were complex and surprising. Of course, things didn't look like they sound: a taco in a lettuce leaf rather than a tortilla, pizza that has little similarity to it's more familiar distant cousin. But once I tasted it, it didn't matter, it was so good. I am not a vegetarian, but if someone would cook like this for me everyday, I could easily become one. I look forward to going there again on my next trip to Portland.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Satisfying and healthy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Be prepared for a wait if you show up at dinner time. Even after putting our names in the book by the front door the wait staff seated another party first. I was able to overlook it once the food arrived. The"live sampler" sounded oddly like something I had in a restaurant in Beijing...but thankfully nothing on the plate was actually "Alive", as in moving. No, the food is billed as being better for you because it's uncooked. I'm not sure that's the case but it was really good and filling. Paired with one of Oregon's outstanding beers, it was worth the wait. I'll be back the next time I'm in Portland.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious vegan food near the Lloyd Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My carnivorous husband was totally surprised to enjoy his meal at Blossoming Lotus! He was skeptical at first, but we both had awesome meals. He ordered the gluten-free pizza appetizer and didn't even offer me a bite. I had the Southwest Bowl, which was amazing - rice and beans with perfectly steamed kale and delightfully spicy/tangy sauces to round out the meal. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere