“Delicious!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cacao

Cacao
414 sw 13th ave, Portland, OR (Downtown)
503.241.0656
Neighborhood: Downtown
Tampa, Florida
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Wonderful hot drinking chocolate, the $2 shot was the perfect amount! I went here twice on my four day trip to Portland.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Olympia, WA
“Like drinking an melted chocolate bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have been here before, and they have quite a variety of chocolates to choose from--not inexpensive, but very good quality. This time we each had a "small" drinking chocolate. I cannot imagine drinking the regular size, it is so incredibly rich. Our servings were about the size of an espresso cup, and it was plenty, AND plenty delicious. If I could have figured out how to lick the cup without getting chocolate all over my nose and offending my husband, I would have. Get here.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Chocolate heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Chocolate lovers, do NOT leave Portland without visiting this place! The drinking chocolate will blow your mind, it is so amazingly good. Seriously, there is not enough hyperbole in the universe to describe how good this stuff is. We hit this place up twice during our short weekend in town. The first time, we tried the flight of 3 shots, and the second time we went back for more of our favorites. Note, just because they sell hot beverages, don't expect them to keep coffee shop hours. We were there with our little noses pressed up against the window waiting for them to open at 10 AM. Worth the wait...and for that matter, worth the whole road trip!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The most amazing hot chocolate ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

After a long day, this pregnant lady needed an after-dinner pick-me-up. Wandering past our hotel on Stark St we stumbled upon Cacao - best random sampling ever. I had the Rivoli dark drinking chocolate and it was AMAZING - bitter, thick and just what I needed. Will be back :)

St. Louis
“Don't visit Portland without stopping here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by a friend who raved about it, and it lived up to the review! The hot cocoa flight was amazing!