“Superbowl Wings? Yes Please.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Superbowl Wings? Yes Please.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The morning of the SuperBowl, my brother called and asked if I would pick up wings, since my nephew wanted them and I was close. Okay, sure, no problem. I tried calling and calling and calling, to no avail.

After I finished breakfast, I decided to drive on over, not knowing what to expect. Luckily, it was just after noon, so not too busy yet. My job was to order 22 wings, a combo of some hot, some not so hot. I walked up, placed my order, and they told me they would be ready after one. I opted for the Sweet BBQ sauce and the Medium sauce.

I walked in at 1:15, and they had an incredibly efficient to go area. I walked up, gave them my name. Wings ready, in and out in under 5 minutes. I kinda felt sorry for the rest of the poor schmucks in line. I was glad I placed my order early.

The wings were perfect, as usual. I've been here three or four times, always efficient, always delicious. If you haven't checked this place out yet, go! Oh! And, you can sample all the sauces they have (12 or 16, I think) and make your own selection. They even have fried twinkies! Yup...though I am not quite that brave.

Visited February 2014

85% Recommend
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Typical delicious wing place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I didn't think there was anything *special* about this wing place other than the fact that the accommodate a variety of diners (gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, etc).

That being said, the food was delicious!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Mexico
“Great delicious Place GO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Excellent food. Busy place with a busy bar area but ok for kids. Big menu. Wings and pizza were superb!

Visited January 2014
Seattle
“The challenge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

There are a number of food challenges in Portland and we thought it would be fun to give one a try while we were visiting. The El Heffe challenge was crazy - 13 wings in less then 3 1/2 minutes. My husband now has his picture on the wall! I had the jerk chicken sandwich, it was very good! We would go back to eat their 'normal' food - but the challenge is a one time only deal!

Visited December 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Best wings and strips and other fried goodies, great sauce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Pretty much the entire menu is fried food, and they do it well. They even offer fried veggie "chick'n" wings, fried pickles, and fried Oreo cookies! Everything fried is excellent. They also offer healthier options, like grilled chicken sandwiches and a portobello burger, although I really feel like those are more of a peace offering to people in large groups who don't actually want to eat here; really, the thing to order is fried food.

FOTM also makes great sauces, which really sets them apart from other chicken wing joints. They have about 12 sauces available at any given time, and at least 10 of those are tried-and-true standards, like Spicy Peanut Sauce and Buffalo Bleu and all of the "hot", "medium", and "mild" Buffalo sauce variations you'd expect.

Another nice thing about FOTM is the tap beer selection—it's good. You'd think that'd be a norm in a beer city like Portland, but it's not, and I appreciate that the owners of FOTM go out of their way to offer interesting and tasty beer on draft instead of the same ol', same ol'.

• Visited October 2013