“Attention to the details” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The DragonTree

The DragonTree
2768 Northwest Thurman Street, Portland, OR 97210 (Northwest District)
503-221-4123
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 189 Activities in Portland
Beaverton, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
“Attention to the details”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Have been going here for years and it still is my favorite place for wellness and relaxation in Portland.

Visited December 2013

Portland, Oregon, United States
“What a disappointment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been to the Dragon Tree many times over the years. My massage yesterday was so bad that I will not be going back. I came in (and explained to the therapist) that I was there for some neck and back pain. She literally never touched my back during a full hour massage. Despite my explanation of the pain, she spent an hour on my arms and legs and a couple minutes on my neck. When I told the person at the front desk how disappointing the massage was she took 30% off the service and explained that perhaps I just didn't like "the level of pressure." It's hard to help with back pain if the therapist ignores you and DOES NOT TOUCH YOUR BACK--probably not a pressure issue. I will not be going back.

Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
21 attraction reviews
“Relaxation in the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I received a gift card for Dragontree and had never heard of it, until then. I booked a massage and 30 minute facial. Roxanne was my massage therapist. She immediately asked for feedback and made me very comfortable to tell her what I liked and wanted in my massage. I felt relaxed with all my kinks worked out by the end of the hour session. I then moved on to the facial. Erica was also excellent. The location is unassuming and I have driven by there hundreds of times without knowing it existed. There is a sauna in the women's locker room. I went on a Tuesday and it was not crowded at all. If it were busier, the locker room and sauna might feel a little "tight". The only room for improvement is to not vacuum the rooms when sessions are happening (which unfortanately happened during my massage).

Visited January 2013
Portland, Oregon
9 attraction reviews
“Time out of mind...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was lucky enough to receive a gift certificate to The Dragontree from a colleague at work. Feeling a bit overwhelmed by the long and complicated menu of services, I finally chose the "Custom" spa package which consists of an hour-long body massage, a foot bath in combination with focused neck and shoulder work, and finally, a facial. In between the services, I used the lovely sauna and relaxed in the shared spaces. Everything was comfortable, professional, and very, very relaxing. I had Serena for my massage and Heather for my facial -- I would highly recommend them both.

Two factors really stood out to me during my visit. First was the decor in the building -- an inspired combination of rich browns and burgundies with gold accents which manages to combine serenity and relaxation. The second was the thoughtfulness of every detail -- notes in strategic places giving you important information; the pacing of the services; the excellent staff; and finally the extremely clean and delightfully scented atmosphere. I can't wait to go back.

Visited August 2012
Fairfield, California
50 attraction reviews
“Love it, Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I had the most memorable experience at The Dragontree spa. Having a regular massage or body treatment has been part of our lifestyle for over 35 years, additionally we like to experience new places when we travel. The Dragontree hits all the marks, wonderful treatment menu, experienced and friendly staff, relaxing environment and all at a great value.

My only wish is that we had them where we live so we could be regular clients with them. If you're a serious spa person or want to have a positive spa expeirence we highly recommend The Dragontree.

Visited August 2012