“Nice hotel about 5 miles from Portland” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Portland North Harbour

You added Courtyard by Marriott Portland North Harbour to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Portland North Harbour
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1231 North Anchor Way at Marine Drive, Portland, OR 97217   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #85 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice hotel about 5 miles from Portland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Overall we liked this hotel. The main reason we picked it was because we had a car and didn't want to spend $28 per night to park. They offer free, secure parking. The hotel is a bit hard to find so make sure you use GPS. You can see the river but can't really get to it. The staff was friendly and rooms were clean with comfy beds. Breakfast was not included but very good. It's a buffet and the close was around $9 pp. They had a good selection and an omelet bar. Downtown Portland was only about 15 min away.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
jduncan503, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland North Harbour, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Portland North Harbour was enjoyable.

503.735.1818

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I enjoy staying at Courtyard Marriott's usually, but this particular property was just average. The bed wasn't too comfortable, and unfortunately, the towels and face cloths could have taken paint off they were so rough. Nice building, location and staff.

• Stayed April 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Do not stay here! Stayed for a couple of days on business at Expo Center. I travel and rely on being able to work out on the road. Came down in morning and sign says pool is out of order. Workout room was minimal with an old 2 station weight machine (no free weights). 1 station had an out of order sign. Of the 2 elevators, 1 was out of order and a sign said waits could be 5 minutes and suggested taking the stairs. Ground floor pepsi machine - out of order. At night in room to relax after working all day, tv says "no signal". I called the front desk and Lorain told me a few other complaints came in and they would have it back up soon. The tv never worked again through my stay. Another hotel guest said it was like that for days, so Lorain was lying to me about getting it working. Shower faucet was loose and caulking broken, probably a mold issue. Luggage caddy in closet was too large, could not close the closet door if it was open up. I only stayed a couple of days but it was clear the management here is doing a very poor job on maintenance. The desk staff lied to me and was generally ambivalent about the problems. They charge for any and all services but if they don't provide service they shrug their shoulders and basically said deal with it. Side note, the rooms are not sound resistant and slamming doors and noises will keep you up.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Upon arrival I was given a friendly warm greeting by Lorraine!
She accepted my Marriott Gift Cards with no hesitation.
She then looked at my profile and assigned the perfect room for me.
Parking is excellent. A secured underground parking area.
The entire property was excellent.
Lovely river views, Excellent outside wedding reception area.
Salty's restaurant offers a free shuttle to their restaurant.
I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a non-connecting room to help prevent noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

The staff were all very helpful and friendly but the noise was ridiculous. I had a room with TWO adjoining rooms! One an each side. And neither door was soundproof. I heard everything in the other room. Even BOTH sides of a cell phone call. And the conversations, music, water rushing, tv, toilet flushing doors slamming etc. And then every step that the person above me took sounded like a horse above me. Not a great environment for sleeping. They do need to update the decor but first they need to do something with the doors and walls.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
jduncan503, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland North Harbour, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Pfawn,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Portland North Harbour.

You indicated in your response that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The staff was fabulous but this hotel is the oldest looking Marriott I've ever stayed in. I literally haven't seen some of the decor in this place since I stayed at the courtyard in Seattle back in 1994:/ Bathroom was not that clean(wall stains) but the room itself was nice.

• Stayed March 2014
Soldotna, Alaska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have stayed at this location many times. The plusses out weigh the negatives for me. courtesy van for airport pick up and drop off worked well this time and has in the past. It's going to be at least 30 minutes standing outside for pickup at the airport. The rooms are adequate for price. They could use a more thorough cleaning between guests. Some things found behind the couch I'd just as soon not talk about. This trip was no different than others when it comes to the bar being stocked before a significant event at the Expo Center. I know they were out of Crown Royal. I have no idea what else. Food service was extremely disappointing. Their signature breakfast is eggs cooked to order with sausage/bacon/fried potatoes. I had breakfast here 3 mornings during my stay. Two of the mornings it took a long time to get my omelet because there was no prep support for the cook making the eggs. He had to cut onions, mushrooms, and such during the process of making the eggs. It just took a long time. To go with that two mornings. no bacon/sausage or potatoes. When I complained the first morning all I got was lip service. I paid my bill and left. The next day it was exactly the same thing. This time I stayed and waited them out on the potatoes, only to find they served them nearly frozen on the inside. This time I refused to pay and complained to my perception of management. There was some indication that there would be an adjustment in my bill. I did not see any adjustment in my bill. The next morning the eggs were completed in a timely fashion and there was potatoes/sausage and bacon. Every thing else that morning was adequate. For dinner, the nights we ate everything was ok. The night we didn't eat feed back from friends staying there was that they were totally out of food. Shuttle service back and forth to the Expo center was very good. Our waits were short going both directions. The weather at Portland on this trip was terrible. In order to safely move the guests they did put chains on their shuttle vans. That was a big plus for sure. It just seems that in all the times we have stayed at this same location they have the same issues. The bar isn't fully stocked in preparation for a big event close by and neither is the kitchen. I will say that over the years the employees have all been friendly and good to deal with I wish I could give the place a higher rating but I just can't get there.

Room Tip: The rooms are really quite similar.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
jduncan503, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland North Harbour, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Jerry G,

You indicated in your response that the quality of food and restaurant service was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

jeremy.duncan@marriott.com

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Portland North Harbour? Share your experiences!