“Nice hotel very close to convention center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center

You added Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #15 of 133 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sebastopol, California
“Nice hotel very close to convention center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a very nice stay at this hotel when we attended a symposium at the convention center. the staff was helpful and professional, the rooms were nice, and all in all comfortable. The only drawback may be the location. If we had to do it again, we might find somewhere in downtown. This is only because we are foodies, and the bulk of good restaurants are downtown. The exception to this is Olympic Provisions, not far from the hotel. The swimming pool was small and smelled very strongly of chlorine, the exercise room was small but adequate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear elizabeth33069,

I am happy to hear that you had a very nice stay in my hotel. If you choose to stay at my hotel again we would be happy to introduce you to some amazing award winning restaurants that are very close to the hotel. I am sorry to hear that you found our pool to smell of chlorine. My maintenance team must have just shocked the pool which can cause a stronger than normal smell of chlorine. Normally there is little to no odor due to the saline system that we have installed. Please come back and stay with us again sometime soon.

503-382-3144

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I'm writing this and we're still in the hotel, but I'm afraid I'll forget when I'm home. I love this hotel. I know it's part of a chain, but the staff are wonderful. We just had our second breakfast and the food is great and the servers!!!! Honestly, I don't know when I've felt so warmly welcomed in any restaurant. A real buffet with omelets to order, steel-cut oatmeal with fresh fruit. The little things mean a lot - not that a great breakfast is a little thing. And the bedroom is very comfy- great bed! And we get a couch! I've had bigger hotel rooms, but it's big enough for my five year-old grandson to build a 400-piece Lego set on the floor! (Okay, he's a genius.) We're walking distance to a huge mall and also... Burgerville! Have you checked out Burgerville in Portland? Local everything- you must have their seasonal milk shakes. Right now it's fresh strawberry. And when onions are in season, they have the best onion rings I've ever had. (Not this trip. Sigh.) Happiness here at Courtyard by Marriott.

Room Tip: Always ask for a king!
Green Features: Not sure about this- but I'm from Vermont and this is Portland so... oh right! We have CFL light bulbs!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Maura C,

It was a pleasure meeting you and your grandson yesterday. I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your stay and that my team is taking great care of you. We are just a couple of blocks from the Lloyd Center Mall, great restaurants and shopping and, of course, Burgerville. Enjoy the rest of your trip with your grandson and I hope we see you the next time you return to Portland.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed at the Courtyard for three days last month for a business trip. The staff was honestly incredible. Very helpful and friendly. Special shout out to Karuna and Katarina. who gave us awesome service. I was also pleasantly surprised at the bar area/outside fire pit. Cool spot to unwind at the end of the day. We did eat at the restaurant one evening for dinner and the food was good as well. I will definitely be back here when returning to Portland. Take advantage of the free shuttle...it saved us!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Brian724,

Thank you for your five star review! I am happy to hear that you found my staff to be incredible. Karuna and Katarina and amazing and I will congratulate them for a job well done. Thank you for mentioning our fire pit/patio area, it really is a great place to relax and have a drink.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The staff at this hotel are the most professional and caring staff I've encountered at any hotel. Overall, our stay was really great. The hotel offers a free shuttle service within a 3 mile radius until 9pm. They also do pick ups! This alone saved us a lot of headache and money with transit or cabbing. There was two times when the shuttle was busy or unavailable where the hotel immediately offered to send a cab to pick us up and pay for it. Amazing! I was really shocked they offered this.

On our first night's stay we were awoken by loud guests in the room next door. I went down to the front desk to inform them. The staff member sent security up right away but the partiers continued on. I got no sleep that night. Around 7 AM I went to the lobby to speak with a manager. After explaining the situation the manager sincerely apologized and promptly moved us to another room. She even offered us a credit for our first night's stay. I was not expecting this at all.

We've already decided we will be staying at this hotel for our next Portland visit. The amazing service from all staff, shuttle service, and the pretty central location of this hotel all make it a really great choice. I'm really looking forward to next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear chknspr,

I am happy to hear that you found my staff to be the most professional and caring you’ve encountered at any hotel. My team and I pride ourselves in delivering the best service in the City of Portland. I am sorry to hear that you had some noisy neighbors during your first night with us. I am glad to hear that Alison compensated you for the inconvenience. I look forward to meeting you in person during your next stay.

Burnaby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The staff were so helpful in thsi hotel it was amazing. I had one issue where I could not get internet on my laptop and they tried for some time to fix it but coul not. I was given a couple of coupons to their restaraunt for breakfast. Awsome!!!. Staff were also handi in directions and informed me where to park on the street as I was not willing to pay the $21 vallet parking. One of the best places ever that I have stayed. My wife and I are definately coming back and staying again. Marcus H

Room Tip: All the beds are great but get a room over looking the city
Green Features: Courtyard and all of Oregon are exceptionally eviromentally friendly.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Marcus H,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear that you found my hotel to be the best hotel! I am sorry to hear that there was an issue with your laptop that we could not resolve. Our system was, and has been, working normally so I am not sure why your computer could not connect. If you are still having problems during your next visit, I would be happy to personally take a look into what is causing the issue. I look forward to your next visit.

Mountain Home, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came up here just passing through and the bartenders amber and I forget the other guys name but he worked on the 18th gave us awesome suggestions for a show. Jack at valet took care of us and treated my Pontiac decepticon with respect. Abby at the omelette bar went and got me sour cream after I told her not to trouble herself and then she brought it to the table! Extra mile man. Everyone extremely friendly and helpful! My wife says the bed is amazing and we slept like champs. The workout room is very nice as well.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Kyledheath,

Great five star review-thank you very much! I am so happy to hear that Amber, Chris, Jack and Chef Abby to great care of you. I will thank them for doing an outstanding job.

Bainbridge Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

For meetings near the Lloyd Center or the Convention Center this is a solid place to stay and fully met my expectations. Off season they offer a few specials like a breakfast credit as well. It's only a few blocks from the Max line, so is convenient for flying in for meetings w/o renting a car.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Robert C,

Thank you for writing about your recent experience in my hotel. I am thrilled to hear that we fully met your expectations. Please come back and stay with us again sometime soon.

503-382-3144

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!