You added Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Irvine, California, United States
“Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Overall, a great experience at the Courtyard. The best staff of any Courtyard Marriott that I have stayed at. They have an excellent restaurant (salmon is phenomenal). Best of all was Amber and Marci.....I love them! =) They made me a great birthday drink. A great duo manning the bar and having great conversation!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear John A,

What a great review! Thank you for pointing out that we have the best staff of any Courtyard Marriott that you have ever stayed at. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the salmon; it is one of my favorites. Amber and Marci are wonderful bartenders. Thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday with us and I hope you return sometime soon.

503-382-3144

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My son and I stayed there for four days last week. The staff was the nicest and most attentive of any hotel I have ever stayed at - from the front desk to the cleaning personnel to the waitresses in the dining room - Magdalen in particular! He was just recovering from an injury and they helped make our lives so much better.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jeff H,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that you found my staff to be the nicest and most attentive of any hotel you have ever stayed at. I couldn’t agree more. I will share your review with my team and congratulate Magdalena on a job well done. I hope your son is recovering nicely and that you will be able to travel to the Portland area again sometime soon.

Port Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed last minute at this hotel and got a great deal. The rate was only 70 bucks a night and it included parking and a wonderful buffet breakfast both days. Everyone at the hotel is extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast included an omelette and waffle station! The location is great, only across the river into downtown. We had never been to Portland before so were unsure how easy it would be to get downtown. Just a short MAX line or streetcar trip across the bridge and you're there. The room was clean and comfortable for two people. It wasn't anything super fancy but a great place to stay for a couple nights:)

The only thing that wasn't the best is that it was rather noisy outside because of traffic etc but it seems that sound is everywhere you go in Portland so I just used earplugs!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear AngieDarrell,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient. Thank you for mentioning what a great breakfast experience you had and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. Please come back and stay with us again sometime soon-we’ll place you into a room facing the courtyard side of the hotel to ensure a great nights rest.

Othello, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This hotel is about as good as it gets for travelers who are budget minded but prefer downtown locations. The service was exceptional across the board, most notably the front desk. You are defintely a valued guest at this hotel. The check-in process is very fast, and their restaurant recommendations were perfect. Great lobby and bar. Very clean and comfortable rooms. My only two negatives are a tiny (and I do mean tiny) sink and countertop - if you're a family of four, plan to stack your toiletries somewhere else. Also, I do expect traffic noise in a location like this, but I thought it was excessive. if you're a light sleeper, this might not be the place for you. Because of these issues I would give an overall score of 4.5 if that was an option, but I made it a 5 due to the exceptional service and the fact that the place was basically spotless.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear SpiralDive9,

What a fantastic five star review! I am happy to hear that you found our staff service to be exceptional and that you enjoyed our bar and restaurant. Thank you for also pointing out how “spotless” the hotel was. We are very proud of the housekeeping team and they greatly appreciate the recognition. Please stay with us again sometime soon.

Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My family stayed here while in Portland for my wedding. We chose this hotel because of the good value and proximity to public transportation. We would definitely stay here again because of the service. My dad couldn't stop talking about the wonderful waitress, Island, who discounted their breakfasts and listened graciously to all his stories about my wedding. He even took me into the restaurant after his meal to find Island and introduce us, at which point she warmly hugged me and chatted again about my wedding. You don't get service like that just anywhere. Rest of the staff was great too.

Dear Amy E,

Congratulations on your wedding and thank you for choosing to stay with us while celebrating this special occasion! I am so happy to hear that Island and the rest of my team provided you with great service. We all wish you and your husband the best of luck and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here with family over the Christmas 2013 holidays and encountered nothing but great service and friendly staff in a perfectly clean well maintained property. Hotel provides free shuttle service. Twice, when the shuttle was unavailable the hotel arranged for a cab and paid for it!

A problem with the heat in my room was repaired within an hour.

Great property, highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Darrell B,

Thank you very much for your great five star review! I am so pleased to hear that you encountered nothing but great service and friendly staff in a perfectly clean well maintained property. I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with the heat in your room but I am happy to hear that my staff took care of the issue within an hour. Happy New Year!

Ukiah, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My sister and I decided to meet midway between our home towns of Ukiah, CA and Athol, ID for a 1st time Sisters Getaway. Neither of us had been to Portland to visit before so we were very pleasantly surprised that the hotel we picked was so wonderful! Walking distance to public transit system was invaluable! Walking distance to eating establishments (had a great Anasazi bean burger at Burgerville), drug store, Convention Center. ALL the staff were gracious and ready to help any time we had a question. Tiffany, Kelly, Matt, and Marisol were just a few of the many exceptional employees we had the pleasure of meeting. There was always a smile, hello, or "Can we assist you with anything?" Our room was perfect! Very up to date and clean. Cleanest room and BATHROOM I've seen in a long time! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Karen K,

Another amazing five star review! I am thrilled to hear that our location worked out perfectly for your trip with your sister. Our location offers many benefits and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of many of them. I will congratulate Tiffany, Kelly, Matt and Marisol on a job well done. I am happy to hear that you found your room to be the cleanest you had seen in a long time. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in their work and it shows. Happy New Year!

503-382-3144

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!