“Pleasant stay at the Portland Downtown Courtyard” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center

You added Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #15 of 133 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Pleasant stay at the Portland Downtown Courtyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

As first time visitors to the Portland area we had a lot of questions about things to do, places to see and how to get there. Everyone at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Any time of day or night they had excellent restaurant reviews, travel directions, or answers to questions about the area. Kelly was especially helpful in suggesting a route for a day trip to the beautiful Oregon coast - including places to get a great, local meal. The room was top notch and the lounge area with the outdoor fire pit is beautiful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear RRandy11,

Thank you for your five star review! I’m thrilled to hear that Kelly made such a fantastic impression on you and that you found our rooms, lounge area and fire pit to be top notch. I hope that you will return as a guest of ours sometime soon.

503-382-3144

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here one night in PDX, however my stay was excellent. This is a two block walk from the convention center Max stop. I didn't utilize their bar or breakfast, but the wifi was fast and the rooms were clean. We asked them to hold quite a bit of luggage for us after we checked out and they provided that service with no problems. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Kosmo11,

Great five star review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear that you had a great experience and that you found our rooms to be clean and our Wi-Fi fast. I hope you return as a guest of ours soon.

Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The service here was excellent. The staff was extremely accomodating to everything that we needed. Our server at breakfast was so pleasant and polite (Thank you, Magdalena!!). Additionally, we needed a lift to a dinner meeting that was a bit of a hike. The hotel was so accomodating and sent us in a hotel shuttle. The driver was so polite and personable (I wish I knew his name!!!). The hotel has nice accomodations and served the purpose for a stopping point while attending a conference at the convention center. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a business trip like this. Thanks for the great service!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Lizzy02013,

Thank you very much for your five star review! I am happy to hear that you found Magdalena to be pleasant and polite. It sounds like our complimentary hotel shuttle worked out well for your needs. I will congratulate Magdalena and the shuttle drivers on a job well done.

Olympia, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We spent one night here, arriving late, but there was plenty of parking ($18/day). Valet parking was available for only $3 more. Note: On weekends, valet is the only parking option. The staff gave us a warm welcome and the restaurant and bar were busy. Gorgeous decor!

Our room was very clean, and the bed was super comfy. Our 10 year old daughter slept on the sofa bed, and there were clean linens in the closet for that. Free Wi-Fi was wonderful

We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant, "Charley's On Grand." The waitress was so nice to us and to our daughter. The service was prompt and the food was delicious.

Because of our busy schedule, we were unable to enjoy the pool and fitness center. But everything looked so inviting, I wish we had.

The following morning, we ate breakfast at Charley's and the food was great. Cold potatoes, but because of the outstanding service, I didn't say anything.

Newspapers were available in the lobby, as well as "The Market" where you can purchase snacks and other items.

The location is fantastic, with public transportation right outside and lots of things within walking distance. The freeway access was hassle-free.

A great stay in a fantastic city!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear chadrach3,

What a great review! Thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay. I appreciate your feedback regarding the potatoes; I will address this with our food and beverage department while also congratulating them for providing great service to you and your daughter. I’m glad to hear that you had a great stay in our fantastic city!

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed in the Doubletree before moving over to this Marriott and we were super disappointed. Our one night stay was over $200 and we definitely didn't feel like we got our money's worth. The room was quite small yet it was clean and tastefully decorated, albeit a little on the older side. The bed was comfortable, water pressure in the shower was good and the WiFi is free. However, the air conditioner was SO loud. It sounded like a plane taking off each time it went on and my husband had a horrible sleep because of it. The hotel was completely booked so we had to use the valet parking. The staff were friendly, but we definitely wouldn't stay again at that rate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear theseoldroads,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am sorry to hear that you did not find my hotel to be an excellent value. Our rates are very competitive and we pride ourselves on providing world class service. If your travels bring you back to Portland, please let me know and I would be happy to personally assist you with accommodations that ensure your comfort.

Dexter, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My son and I stayed here for a mommy-son weekend in PDX, which included a trip to Lego Kid's Fest being held at the convention center. Our room was clean and the hotel was lovely. The location is walking distance to a lot of things, so you can legitimately park your car and walk or take public trans- for me, a major plus (but you pay for this in the cost of the stay). I liked the lobby bar, though I didn't try it out, (if I was there with my husband, I imagine I could of spent some time there). I travel quite often, and found a few things at this hotel a little annoying: at check in I was told there was only valet parking on the weekends ($21 vs. $18 for self park)- this isn't publicized accurately, my keys didn't work when I went up to my room (it's hard to schlep a child and a bunch of luggage up and then back down again), the small pool was packed with tons of people and cold, and no hot tub, the maid service came very late in the day - between 4:30 and 5:45 - I had friends to the room and my bed was unmade and dirty towels were on the floor, and the service at the restaurant is not great (forgot my coffee, took forever to bring bill, water, etc - and it was for a BUFFET). The room service was outstanding and well priced for room service, internet is free, and the hotel was clean and safe. Would I stay here again? Probably not. It's not a great fit for me - I like a hot tub, I like to know what I will be paying to park, I like a less hectic breakfast option. For the $$, it just wasn't work the experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Shelly G,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a fantastic experience in my hotel. As you can see by our other reviews, your experience was very atypical. I apologize for the large crowds we had this past weekend. Lego Kids Fest was a very popular event and the entire convention center district was full of families enjoying the event. I am certain that if you were to return, your experience would be a positive one and you would have a different impression of my hotel. Please contact me directly during your next trip to Portland.

Wallingford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip. Very comfortable and good food in the restaurant. Clean. Kind staff. Easy walk to the Oregon Convention Center. Island was out waitress at breakfast. She's great. Attentive and friendly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Michelle7240,

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience! I am happy to hear that you had a great experience in our restaurant and found the hotel to be clean. I will share your review with Island and thank her for a job well done.

503-382-3144

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!