You added Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Paramus, New Jersey
“Overall Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was recently in town for an event at the Convention Center. There were no hotels that met my standards in the area so I opted for the Courtyard by Marriott, Portland Downtown Convention Center. I can't tell you how very pleased I was with my stay. At first we were booked in a handicapped room. I spoke to the front desk who could not be more accommodating. They changed my room immediately. The front desk was ALWAYS very helpful. The staff drove us with their van everywhere we wanted to go. As I was there for a week, I wanted a few food items to keep in the fridge. They drove us to the food store and waited for us to shop. They drove us to local restaurants and picked us up when we were done. The service was beyond compare. Everyone in the hotel was friendly and happy to help. All the service certainly made up for the fact that this would not have been my first choice, but would be now if I return to the area. The room by the way, was clean and bright and met all our needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Location: By far not the nicest neighborhood in Portland. This being said, it's very close to all the key amenities and a short shuttle bus ride away. I just wish the immediate neighborhood was nicer to stroll around. The lobby is fully renovated and quite enjoyable.

Room: Unfortunately the rooms look a bit dated and the workstation is a bit dark and not as comfortable to work in the room.

Bed: Comfortable.

Cleanliness/Condition: OK.

Service: Excellent and friendly service both at check-in and in restaurant. Food options are reasonable which is convenient given the limited selection nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ocean shores
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The wife and I went to see Mumford and Sons at the Rose Center and didn't want a long drive home after but didn't want a fleabag motel stay either. I was very pleased to get a smokin deal on a room here that was easy walking distance to the concert.
Pros - Our room was only $70 for the night. I don't know how they could do it so cheap but that was a heck of a deal. I have stayed in some pretty dicey spots for that (last one I actually opted for the car in their parking lot over actually staying in the room). Now... got it off of another site that offers special deals but by far this was a HUGE pro. After that, the room was very nice, clean and the mattress was so comfy we actually looked at what brand (Serta) so we could think of buying one when ours poops out. I like to gauge a room on showers...weird right...but I hate the low shower head, bad pressure, etc, showers...not here. The bath and shower were really nice. Add to that a window that really opens, a light dampening and light eliminating shade and you have a great room at an awesome price. If that were not enough...the staff were awesome! Very welcoming and friendly. Also you don't have to go anywhere for a decent meal as there is a full bar and grill/resteraunt downstairs.
Cons - It is kinda hard after giving it so many pros but...the pool (yes they have a pool) was pretty small...almost pointless- but it is there. Be aware there is a charge for parking though this is hardly a con because it is common and they are very reasonable. We tried to get service at the bar and grab a bite before the show and had a hard time...I have a susipicion they were not prepared for the crowd but still it was very hard to get service...once we had it our server was great...the food? Ok...but it seemed a little steep for the basic grill fare. We were happy we had been to the food trucks earlier. The breakfast buffet was nice but again... a little steep. Granted it was with full service and classy atmosphere. The A/C was the window kind and while not noisy certainly detracted from the room.
Overall-At the price we paid...what a great experience...Thank you Marriott. I would, however, find another resteraunt to eat at next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband, daughter and myself recently stayed at the courtyard for the Move dance competition. The hotel is in a perfect location to the convention center and to local attractions. It's extremely clean and the staff, especially Marcy, at the front desk are amazing!! When we checked in they had our room ready to go and even sent up chilled wine for my husband and myself (it was his birthday weekend!!) and snacks for our daughter. That was so nice after getting stuck in traffic from Seattle for 6 hours!!!

The rooms were immaculate and big and really quiet, which was nice as I'm a light sleeper. Housekeeping was great when we ordered up extra towels and pillows. I would highly recommend this hotel. The only drawback is the beds, though nice and big, are very firm and for someone with back issues (like myself) found it very hard to sleep. But I have problems sleeping even on my sleep number. Thank you for everything and for making our stay so wonderful!! Also wanted to thank the hostess at the buffett breakfast, which is very good. Even though our stay was for 2, she noticed that I was not eating much ( I have a lot of food allergies) so she didn't charge me for a 3rd person. We made up for the difference in tip...we appreciated that gesture so much! Excellent hotel!!! And Even Better Staff!!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floor, rear of hotel is quieter. Front of hotel has outdoor seating area for restaurant bar...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This Marriott was very nice with amazing staff. The set up with restaurant, bar, ect was comfortable. I just can not say enough about everyone who works there! From the front desk staff to the valets to the waiters and waitresses to the housekeepers, they were all so friendly, professional, and helpful! It made our trip so much more enjoyable! They were so attentive and I really appreciated how kid friendly the hotel was for our one year old, it helped me relax a little on our short vacation! The location of the hotel was nice as well, just a short walk to one of the malls or over to the MAX for a quick ride downtown. Very nice, can't wait to visit again!!

Room Tip: We had a king suite which was nice however the bathroom was in the back of our bedroom and for anyon...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I went for a visit to Portland for the Memorial Day weekend and most of our plans revolved around being out and about in Portland. That being the case, this was a good hotel for us since we didn't really care much about luxury options. They did have a pool and a workout room if you had some spare time in the hotel though. The location was the best. It was a few blocks away from transit and the area was relatively quiet. A few bads on their part was the free internet. The connection was terrible and I couldn't even check email. Another problem was the valet only parking. It was $21 a day either way but it would have been nice to have anytime access to our cars. The restaurant and bar included was a little highly priced but that's expected of hotels. There are several other breakfast places nearby if you want to wander though. Also a great location for the Rose festival since it's right next to the Rose quarter.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
North Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Thank you to Marcie and Magdalena who kindly provided me with a non-dairy milk for my coffee, so that I could drink coffee in the comfort of my room. They were so helpful and super friendly. I look forward to seeing them again on my next visit!

Green Features: Please reduce your impact on the environment - not only at this hotel - by conserving energy and water. Use only what you need (towels and amenities) and don't change bed sheets every day.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business