You added Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Vancouver, Canada
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Thank you to Marcie and Magdalena who kindly provided me with a non-dairy milk for my coffee, so that I could drink coffee in the comfort of my room. They were so helpful and super friendly. I look forward to seeing them again on my next visit!

Green Features: Please reduce your impact on the environment - not only at this hotel - by conserving energy and water. Use only what you need (towels and amenities) and don't change bed sheets every day.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the hotel twice. This time we were able to park on the street overnight saving $21.00. The staff have been pleasant and the breakfast brunch on Sunday morning a good deal. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Seattle Wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was a weekend getaway to Portland. We had not stayed in Portland or discovered the area yet so staying in this area seemed like a good idea.
I have stayed at many hotels and many Marriotts and I have to say that this was one of the best and most of the credit goes for the customer service. We were treated well from the front desk, the parking attendants, and really enjoyed Aly in the breakfast. Everyone treated us with great service. We found the location to actually be good, and the shuttle service provided is excellent. The room and the hotel are beautiful. Had a great time and will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Acton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard on the first leg of a trip down the coast to LA. It is a typical, clean, comfortable chain hotel and we had a large king room. The staff was very courteous and pleasant and we were very pleased with the location which was central to a number of locations we visited in East Portland. It is also near the Max. Our only gripe was with the parking. $21 valet parking was the only option available for the weekend. We ended up parking on the street which meant we needed to feed a meter by 8:00 a.m., but it was certainly a more economical choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I will not go into any specifics on this stay as the entire experience from the gentleman that checked me in, the room, the food, all the way up to check out (which was as easy as leaving the keys on the dresser) was just so pleasant I wanted to say to the general manager "well done"....what a splendid job at putting together one top notch hospitality team, and I will be seeing you again in the near future I am sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I agree with previous reviews about customer service. Everyone we talked to was lovely and helpful, esp Joel. As we were on our honeymoon, the upgraded us to a suite! And it was just so lovely - huge rooms with a kitchenette. They also left us a card, a bottle of wine, and picnic snacks for us in the room. Much appreciated. Will definitely stay here again when we return to portland.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

From the time I stepped on the property, I was welcomed with good morning and how can I help you! This hotel has customer service down and I really appreciated the smiles, hello’s and the genuine caring.

Though everyone was great there were 2 people that stood out, Mari (front desk) and Island (waitress).

Mari –

The minute I walked in the door, Mari’s smile shinned brighter than Portland’s sun. Though my room wasn’t ready because we arrived around 10:30 PST, Mari let us store our luggage inside the hotel and let me park my rental in the garage. Through my stay, Mari was always there with her warm smile and she allowed me to park in the garage at no charge after I had checked out on Sunday since my flight wasn’t until later that day.

Island –

I have no idea what this lady makes but it is not enough. When my son and I were waiting for our room on Wednesday, Island came over to check on us to see if we were ok. I had mentioned that we were waiting for early check-in but everything was good. Island went out of her way to check with the front desk on how long it would be and when she came back to report that it would another 30 minutes, Island gave us 3 coupons for $11.00 of for anything in the restaurant, a savings of $33.00. The next morning we decided to have breakfast and guess who the server was, Island! She took exceptional good care of us and though our bill for that morning was $14.00, she took one of our $11.00 coupons and said everything was even. When we were leaving she offered to get me a cup of coffee to go, what a servant!

The Courtyard in Portland is a hotel that understands the customer’s needs and does everything with a smile, everyone was wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Portland Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!