“Seedy Neighborhood” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #113 of 132 hotels in Portland
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Seedy Neighborhood”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked for 3 nights, I quickly changed my reservation to stay only one night. I checked in at 11:00pm and people were lined up to obtain a room. The desk clerk looked at me and said "You need to have a reservation cause I am all booked" I said I did and she had me come to the front of the line. There were a lot of people walking around aimlessly in the neighborhood and a lot of people hanging out in the Cemetery across the street. I did not feel safe here. Not the hotels fault. The hotel is just in a very poor location. Room was clean and I did get a good nights sleep. The continental breakfast was stale pre packaged sweet rolls, coffee and juice. as I was checking out at 8am a woman came in and asked if there were any rooms available???? again, a very questionable neighborhood.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
jaypatel4512, General Manager at Econo Lodge Near Clackamas Town Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hi Carrie,

Thanks for your comment. The hotel on the night of your stay was completely booked with reservations, so the desk clerk just wanted to confirm that you had a reservation. In addition, the hotel is located on a busy main street that offers numerous amenities for our customers. However, we do sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you had, if any, regarding the location during your stay. Again, we greatly appreciate your comments and concerns.

All the best,

GM

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I booked through Hotwire but was asked to pay by the young guy at the desk who either doesn't know what he's doing or the hotel just has a crapy computer system. And they took a copy of my license, saying it's their policy. This tells you something about their typical customer. The room itself is clean enough and good for a overnight stay. Not a 2 star in my opinion, and will avoid this chain in the future.

• Stayed August 2013
jaypatel4512, Manager at Econo Lodge Near Clackamas Town Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your comment. We are sorry if our policy was an inconvenience for you. However, we do take a copy of Identification for every customer during registration. This process is fully recognized in the lodging industry and it is encouraged by the city of Portland. Again, we appologize if our policy is unsatisfactory for you.

Thank you.

GM
Waldport, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed here. I guess we didn't learn the first time. First time there was ants crawling by the bed and the second time they were everywhere. The coffee pot had old coffee in it and we don't drink coffee. There were burn holes in the bed blankets and it was supposed to be a non smoking room. I will never ever stay there again. It was over priced $85.00. We stayed in town another night but switched hotels. Please don't waste your money or time, these rooms are awful.

Room Tip: Do not bother!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kingman, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

The room I stayed in (bottom floor, #127) was very adequate, quiet, clean, and comfortable. I was able to park right in front of the room, so I felt if someone broke in I'd hear them. That is why I rated this below 'Average' because the neighborhood isn't one I would have intentionally stayed in if I knew before hand it was this way. Although the staff was nice enough, and the price was hard to beat ($50, reserved on-line) I don't think I'd take a chance to stay here again. No breakfast in the morning, I was able to make coffee in the room though. The parking lot is kinda protected, but lots of gang graffiti and signs of drug dealership in the area. Sorry, this just isn't my kind of neighborhood.

Room Tip: Find another location, but if you stay here...get in on the ground floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011 via mobile

I was just getting into bed and rolling over and I felt something sharp that poked me and drew blood. I lifted up the sheets and it was a broken crack pipe! I took it down to the office and the lady was super rude and didn't even care. I tried to check out and get my money back but she said there was no refunds. I couldn't believe it! Do not stay here

• Stayed November 2011
Coquitlam BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed here after pulling in at 2am, we just needed a cheap room for the night as we were heading to South Oregon. We got a room with two Queen beds as this was what was available, it was $74 total. The bathroom was clean and spacious 4* had towels, laundry bag, soaps, body wash. There was an ironing board/iron, room to store your clothes, lots of lamps mounted to the walls. The room smelled fresh (#124) we slept fine, the beds were not great but ok. the only thing that was crappy was that the people above us were moving around throughout the night and what seemed to be kids running around at 5am. There was also traffic noise from 'bum-bin' car stereos. The neighborhood seemed ok, IHop is right down the road. there is also a 24 hour McDonalds 2 min drive down the road. You could stay here but just bring ear plugs. they also had a small breakfast in the front reception.

Room Tip: Take a top floor until for a better sleep.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I've stayed at this Econo Lodge many times in the past several months and have nothing but good things to say about the location, accommodations, and people. My ratings are based on comparisons to other hotels/motels in the area that I have also visited and/or stayed at.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge Near Clackamas Town Center? Share your experiences!