“First Holiday Inn Express experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Portland - Jantzen Beach

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Portland - Jantzen Beach to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Portland - Jantzen Beach
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2300 North Hayden Island Drive, Jantzen Beach, Portland, OR 97217   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #52 of 132 hotels in Portland
Manila, Philippines
“First Holiday Inn Express experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I've always come across so many Holiday Inn Express(es) scattered in North America (USA/Canada), but this is the first time i've actually stayed in one at Jantzen Beach, Portland.

Coming from LA/SEA with my sister and her family, where we visited our folks, she had previously booked us here for a two night stay, where our main purpose was to visit the Grotto, and do some tax free shopping later at Woodburn Outlets before we headed to their Vancouver home (I was a tourist from Manila).

The rooms were well kept and very clean (though the cleaning lady assigned to us was not very thorough at daily cleaning). A simple but filling and balanced breakfast came with the package. Staff at the reception were pleasant and accommodating.

This hotel, though situated a bit far from Portland's city proper, was strategically located, and was walking distance to a commercial center that had a Super Target (first time i came across a 2-story Target!), Toys R Us, Old Navy, Best Buy, Ross, and other commercial establishments that were most useful for transients/tourists who needed some spur-of-the-moment purchases.
And best of all, tax free! :)

It was a short, but satisfying stay at Holiday Inn Express Jantzen. Nothing fancy about this hotel, but cleanliness and affordability make it worth going back to in the future.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My son and I made a last minute decision to go to the Portland Classic Car Swap meet. We were able to book a scarce room at the Holiday Inn Express. The accommodations more than met our needs. The room was clean. The included breakfast was OK - nothing fancy, but filled the hole until later in the day. Jose, the shuttle driver was the best part of the stay. He was personable, prompt and helpful shuttling us to the Expo centre. Knowing now for next year I will save about $70 per night by booking as a Swap Meet attendee.

Seattle, Wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

If you seek value and/or need to be away from the compact urban oasis of Portland proper, this hotel is a good choice. There is plenty of free parking if you are piloting a big rig and there are decent restaurants on the same giant swatch of asphalt. The rooms are spacious, front desk service is good and there is the usual free breakfast. It is a very different vibe though, than downtown Portland, or the close-in core neighborhoods of Portland. It's a great stop if you are passing through and simply want an efficient and comfortable place just off I5 to rest for the night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland - Jantzen Beach, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear agsmith50,

Thank you for your review, and choosing our hotel. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Nothing special about this hotel compared to other Holiday Inn Expresses. It is on an island (Portland side) next to Washington. So, it is easy to get to Washington but at the same time the traffic getting to the island can be bad during rush hours.

The hotel is okay. The room is fine. The only give you shampoo and soap. They don't give you conditioner, body lotion, or shoe mitt.

It is close to a shopping mall (Target, Ross, etc.).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland - Jantzen Beach, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear pavee12,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare
Tenino, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My fiance & I were wanting to do a low budget trip yet still gain some excellence in our stay to feel relaxed & rejuvenated by our hotel. We were able to find this in the Holiday Inn Express of Jantzen Beach Portland, Oregon! I personally work in management of hotels & hospitality for some time now which causes me to be pickier about my stays. During my stay here, I need not be picky about a single thing as all were perfect to a "T"!

I first made my reservation online which, when I called to confirm, was greeted by their night audit Bob on the phone who treated me very kindly & efficiently by answering a few simple questions with detail keeping me from needing to grill more questions up or even call again at a later date.

Upon arrival, management at the front desk was splendid in personality. She even joked with me about a slight misspelled word on their agreement you sign & we talked of our adventures in the industry. Everything about check in was simple, no hassle necessary! I can truly appreciate that as well as future guests. She even warned me of a slight hum I would hear in my room as the only available suite I booked was available next to the hotel's hot tub & pool pump closet yet I did not notice it what so ever.

The room is beautiful. I booked their jacuzzi, king bed suite which was not only clean, but all the towels were high in quantity as well as quality. You usually find yourself needing to go to the desk for more towels. The housekeeping had the room absolutely spotless! They deserve a pay raise!

Breakfast was filling & check out was saddening to leave such a wonderful place. We plan to make this hotel a regular stay for our Portland shopping visits. It is close enough to IKEA, malls, etc, to make it a short drive yet far enough off the main drag so you do not notice the noise! The bed was extremely comfortable, I want one in my own home if they'd tell me the brand & model! Everything about my stay was perfect!

Room Tip: Book the jacuzzi suites! They are worth the money, even though it's not that much! Perfect for...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Stayed here one night on our trip to Portland. Paid under $100.00 for our room. This was a great value. The free breakfast was great they had a ton of options . We traveled with our 4 year old son and he had a great time in the heated pool. The staff was friendly and the rooms were huge and updated. I would stay here again on a future trip. The drive into downtown Portland was about ten mins.

LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is nice, has everything you need including free WiFi. Only downside was that the elevator broke down, not a big deal as we were on the second floor. Nice breakfast buffet as well

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland - Jantzen Beach? Share your experiences!