“great people and nice room” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #58 of 132 hotels in Portland
Portland, Oregon
“great people and nice room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I started working in portland and needed a place to stay while looking for an apartment and when I had to extend my stay they went out of their way to accommodate me. Other hotels that I have stayed at were not as accommodating.
Thanks Ramada Inn

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

269 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Oahu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This trip was about connecting with family, I had my uncle pick me up from the airport and take me to a place close to where he lived yet going the direction I needed to go, south to Salem. My flight did not come in until late and I did not check in until after 11pm which the hotel accommodated well. The lobby was open to visit family all night if needed. At $80 a night it was cheaper than staying closer to the airport however the facility was a bit more run down and smelly. There was a continental breakfast in the morning. so they said, it was pretty thin for me and with an "Elmer's Pancake House" across the street it was an easy choice. The room was clean and the beds acceptable, it was a good stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights. The room was small but fairly clean. The bed was ok, not 4 star or anything but the sheets were clean and there were plenty of pillows. This hotel could defintiely use an update but for $55/night it is worth the price. Close to I-205 and there are some restaurants and pubs nearby. The free breakfast is pretty basic but it gets the day started off nicely. Our only complaint is on the last night we came back to our room and the desk was covered in ants making a trail up the wall to a donut that was left on the counter. We were able to switch rooms without any hassle. The staff are very friendly and the neighborhood is decent.

Room Tip: Book throught the hotel website and just ask
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We checked in late Thursday night after a long day of travel. It was quick, the woman at the front desk was very friendly and fun. We hadn't been to Portland in years so she provided us a list of things to do... and extra coffee for the morning. The breakfast is varied and good. However, go earlier, rather than later if you want a place to sit. This hotel is wildly popular. The same goes for parking. Parking is tight. You can park on the street is there isn't space at the hotel. The jacuzzi located indoors was clean, bubbly, and very relaxing. I went for a soak twice a day during my stay and never once did another guest give it a try. I never saw anyone in it when I walked to my room, which was right next door. Too bad. They missed out on a great soak. The beds were comfortable and provided me the best sleep I've had in a long while. There's an assortment of pillows. The shower was nice with plenty of hot water. They have a handle to grab on to for easy in and out. My only complaint was that someone knocked loudly on the door at 7 Sunday morning to ask whether we wanted clean towels. I'd definitely stay here should I be in Portland again. It's right off the freeway with access to everything.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Discovery Bay, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

What a fine surprise. Not only is this Ramada dog friendly -- I have two small mixed breed dogs -- it is in every way an excellent choice. The free breakfast included hot scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and yogurt cups. My room even had a very convenient wee built in "bar" with microwave, refrigerator, another sink, and a little counter over drawers and cupboards. My room was quiet, clean and well furnished. The bathroom was very clean with lots of fluffy towels. All the linens were good quality -- not Fretta, to be sure, but way better than than the usual found in 3 star motels. I liked the location, too. Not in the high rent neighborhood next to the river but not in the seedy part of town either...

Room Tip: I always try to stay on the top floor at the end of the hall: these are usually the quietest rooms...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed here for two nights for a trip down to Portland, we enjoyed our stay very much. They provided a very big breakfast with many options, the rooms were very nice, and beds were very comfortable. I personally liked how the pillows had "soft" or "firm" labels on them :) It is a 10 minutes drive to downtown and there is a Fred Meyer less than 5 minutes away. I would recommend the Ramada to anyone who was looking for an affordable, comfortable, and nice place to stay in Portland.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ann arbor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

They are really great. The space is clean, the staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Comfortable beds-nice towels

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Portland East? Share your experiences!